“Always a square meal”

Maxim's Family Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 169 Restaurants in Brookfield
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stopped in one night last week, as we felt like getting out, but no one could decide on where or what to eat. We all agreed that Maxims would be the best, since they had a big menu to choose from. Husband ordered liver and onions dinner, which is a staple on their menu. Daughter ordered the rib dinner. I ordered a gyro sandwich. Since Hubby and Daughter ordered a dinner, Hubby received a fresh side salad and Daughter, a big bowl of tortilla soup and a loaf of bread. Salad looked very fresh and full of lots of garnish. Tortilla soup was stacked with cheese and looked very creamy. Water person was very attentive. Main dishes arrived in pace. All were eye appealing and turned out to also be delicious. I had so much lamb stacked on my pita bread, that I had to pull 1/2 of it on the side to eat it. Tons of cucumber sauce for the garnish. Hubby totally enjoyed his liver and onions, along with a baked potato and lots of carrots, broccoli and other veggies mixed. Daughter could hardly finish the rack of ribs and ate all of the veggie mix, but skipped most of the mash potato. Dessert was offered, dinners came with ice cream or 1/2 off their array of gorgeous and tasty homemade torts, cake and pies. Hubby had a dish of spumoni and Daughter had a big piece of Butterfinger layer cake. All in all the experience was very relaxed and pleasant. Walked out with doggy bags, full and content.

1  Thank mints2013

Reviewed June 20, 2014

From a vegetarian perspective it's not fantastic, it's what you'd expect from a family restaurant. Not a lot of choices if you're sans meat. I got the vegetarian gyro and wasn't too thrilled. It was pretty bland but not awful, kind of like a grilled vegetable sandwich and it was a mess to eat and falling apart. I'd go safe and get a breakfast option next time omelette/pancakes. My other two family members got a burger and fish, they were satisfied. It'll fill you up.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

This restaurant is one of the better family restaurants in the Milwaukee area. We had great service and they always serve ample portions. There were 3 small children with us and our server went above and beyond. It was a very enjoyable experience.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have eaten here for the past 20 years and have never had a bad meal. We usually eat here on Saturday morning or Sunday morning for breakfast. Their omelet dishes are so good. The Mediterranean is 5.99 and is super delicious. We have eaten here for lunch and supper and have eaten many dishes on the menu. All are good and there is a wide selection for various tastes. They serve many people and the food is prepared very quickly. The turn over rate is very good without compromise to the quality. You may find the parking lot filled up, but there is still plenty of room inside.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've been to Maxim's three times now: once to the bar, once for breakfast, and once for dinner. Each experience has been very good. Service is good, servings are generous, and prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is the restaurant is that of a very large diner. This is a family-friendly place.

It's happy hour all day long in the bar, where drinks and appetizers are offered at half price. The appetizer menu is extensive. Try the bruschetta!

Too full for dessert after a filling dinner? No problem! Check out the bakery case near the check-out counter and take something home. My husband and I shared a cream puff from the bakery, but we have had better elsewhere. I have my eye on one of the mini banana cream pies for another time.

There are many Greek items on the menu, with spanakopita being one of the house specialties. Next time I'm there, I will check this out.