“Fantastic Pizza!”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Fantastic Pizza!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The pizza at Venice Club is some of the best in the area - we had the veggie pizza, but all are great

Visited January 2014

Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Best Brookfield fish fry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Venice Club has the best fish fry in Brookfield. Good portion size and value for the money. We have been going there for years and love the pizza too.

Visited December 2013
“Best restaurant in this area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Met here with a group of lady friends for lunch, not having been here in a number of years. It is a pleasant change to go to a restaurant with white tablecloths and no loud music playing, so you can actually sit and visit. The food was just outstanding. I had minestrone soup and a tuna salad sandwich that was just huge. It was served with wonderful homemade potato chips and a dish of fresh fruit. One of the ladies felt the coffee cups were too small and not refilled often enough, but that was the only complaint at the table. The food is beautifully presented and delicious. Prices are reasonable for a nice place like this Will go here again very soon.

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Excellent pasta.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

As the Italians would say: “Magnifico”! I was surprised that our party of four was seated immediately upon arriving on a Saturday night. “No waiting” often translates into bad food, bad service or high prices but not at the Venice Club. We started with an order of Deep Fried Eggplant. They were served with lemon and marinara sauce and they were delicious. One order was more than enough for the four of us. I had trouble deciding between the Baked Lasagna or the Spaghetti con Sugo for my entree. I choose the spaghetti with meat sauce and meatball. I had no regrets about my decision. It was perhaps the best pasta I’ve had and that’s saying a lot since my wife is Italian. The dining room was brightly lit and quiet, easy to carry on a conversation. Service was prompt and courteous with a minor delay in getting our check. We will be back - I want to try the lasagna. Ciao!

“A Nice Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had not been to the Venice Club for many years. Under new management, everything has been updated, most importantly the decor, menu and food quality. No longer a dark, dingy room, the dining area is bright and well decorated. The menu has been modernized and accentuates pasta dishes and specialty pizza. The quality of the food is much better, though prices are up a bit, like everywhere else.For our meals, we started with deep fried eggplant, the signature dish of this restaurant which sells gobs of it as a Summerfest favorite. This is the best fried eggplant I've ever had: perfectly fried with a light batter and tasting wonderfully glorious with the marinara sauce provided. Competent salads followed, then main courses. My wife and friends all had pasta based dishes which they loved. Servings were generous, providing everyone with leftovers for the next day's lunch. I had an anchovy specialty pizza with multiple toppings. This was one of those meals where I wished I had gotten what my table mates had ordered. My 12" pizza looked good, completely covered with cheese, mushrooms, olives and anchovies, but the crust was disappointingly dry, hard and slightly singed. My anchovies, which usually dominate a pizza with their intense flavor so completely, most people won't even share a pizza with me when I just get them on my own half, were basically undetectable by taste, though I could see they were present. I've never encountered anchovies so tasteless. So my pizza was a disappointment. The other problem we encountered was our waitress. Cute as a button, she was busy as a bee throughout our meal, constantly checking how we were doing with our food and refilling our drinks or getting new ones. That was good. What was bad was she kept trying to remove our food and drinks before we were done with it including our salads, our bread, and our wine. At the completion of our meal she brought us containers for our leftovers and our checks, but then disappeared, requiring one of us to eventually get up to search for her so we could pay our bills and leave. However, overall, we were pleasantly surprised with the positive changes at the Venice Club and will return soon when we desire a hearty Italian meal.