“Fun, relaxing hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Burnsville, United States
“Fun, relaxing hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was a perfect, relaxing, accommodating hotel. Wasn't fancy or yuppy like, but that was what was so neat. Very 70's. Had a great pool in an atrium stting, so it felt like it wa soutside. Great hot tub. Great sauna....who has a sauna these days??? What a nice ammenity! Our room was huge, but outdated and not super spotless, but it was comfortable and fun and nice to get back to. Beds were great. The pool courtyard area was awesome...get a room there if you have kids. Noise until 10 and then completely silent. People really seem to respec that. All the staying customers were fun, nice and chatty. It was like a family reunion, but with people you don't know. I loved this hotel and would stay here again and again and would recommend it many times over (and I already have). The recliner was very old and tippy as a negative. Track lighting was old and outdated and made for some dark areas in rooms. Update with new sofas, chairs and recessed lighting. Also, rooms that face pool courtyard...the window that people can see in should have that film where you can see out and get light in, but people wn't see inside your room. Not a big deal, but it would be a cheap improvement.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ScotM1005, General Manager at Best Western Premier Milwaukee-Brookfield Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I'd like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor.
I will look into the film for the interior pool view windows. New lighting is on order as are drapes,
and new pool area furniture....( can't have it be too "South Side").
A friendly hotel with a friendly staff tends to attract friendly guests!
Thanks again,
Scot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
West Chester, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had a discount for my class reunion, so the price was right. Room was clean, but coffee maker was not working. The food at the lounge was all frozen, reheated and low budget. Service was quite good. The breakfast at Maxwells was ok, but they played the oldies station and I kinda wanted to kill myself before I was done eating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello and Thanks for the helpful review. A fun one at that! Sorry the coffee maker did not work....they are new and we'll get that one changed. Breakfast can also be ordered off the menu and I'm sorry most guests sort of like the kick in the head with the early AM oldies... but I'll change that as it's time. Please try us again as there are many positive changes here and the weekly entertainment is full!
Naperville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western in Brookfield, WI. It is a nice place to stay with family. I brought my son with me and enjoyed the pool and game area. Very close to shopping mall and activities which was a plus. The internet was really fast and enjoyed using it for work and pleasure. The place looks like they are making improvements to the decor. Adding flat screen TV and upgrades that are noticeable. I would say the only con is it was one of the hottest days in July so far nearing 98 degrees and was hard to get the room cooled. I enjoy air conditioning that keeps a room pretty cool. Maybe more than most people. So over all it was a great place for the price compared to others near by for 60+ dollars more a night. I will be coming back there as I frequent Brookfield for business.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I'm glad all went so well during your visit here. The big TVs are a hit as is the new High Speed FREE Internet upgrades. Great new menu items coming soon as we once again update the selections in both the bar dinging area and the restaurant.
THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR THOUGHTS ON TRIP ADVISOR.
SCOT
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I bought tickets for Paul McCartney in May and knowing that rooms in the area would be booking quickly I jumped online and found this Best Western. Most places I checked in the area had RAISED their rates due to the concert. We were quoted the usual rate and that's what we paid. It met all my requirements and more!
First of all, easy access to and from I-94. Check-in went smoothly and we made our way up to the room. I'm not sure what part of the hotel others might have stayed in (outdated rooms?) but our room was clean, roomy, and very comfortable. The bathroom is very roomy itself and there was a separate little area for the fridge and coffee maker (not under/next to the TV!). The restaurant didn't open until 5/5:30 and we had to leave earlier to get to Miller Park, so we went across the street to Champps Americana. In spite of the time (4:30) it was extremely easy to get to from the hotel.
The concert went until about 11:30 PM and with traffic (and other parking lot issues at the stadium) we got back to the room around 12:30 AM. We were tired and sweaty (did I mention the heat index was in the low 90's for the entire concert!?). AC in the room works really well! After taking showers, we drifted off to sleep. Second requirement, excellent sound proofing! We slept like rocks in the comfy double beds. Couldn't hear anyone in the hallways and did not hear TV's in the other rooms.
Breakfast goes until 10 AM. We made it down around 9 AM. The joint was jumping but the staff kept it stocked and were attentive to needs. Eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, coffee, pastries, make-it-yourself waffles, cereal, yogurt <-- all on the buffet included with the room.
I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for a place to stay within driving distance of Milwaukee and the myriad of activities going on around the area. Great value and great hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JLK2012
Very nice review! Thank you for taking the time. Yes that was a HOT one. I'm glad all went well with that during your stay! Thanks also for noticing the sound proofing here and the great breakfast we put out daily with extra care. Custom omelets are available as well besides the huge Hot buffet. Thanks for staying here and sharing on Trip Advisor.
Medford, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

My granddaughter wanted to go to the Milwaukee zoo and stay in Milwaukee we got a great deal for 1 night 2 adult tickets for zoo 2 children tickets 1 large pizza and pitcher of soda and the room fr under 150.00 it was great

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Excellent! So happy that all turned out well. Lots of new Pool furniture is on order to make future events even better! This location and the special Domed pool area make this hotel very special.

Thanks for noticing and sharing!

sm
Anchorage, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here in January with my family. The pros - location and price were decent for the area. The staff was friendly and the room was clean. Cons - this is a older property that has not seen a renovation in quite some time. The pool area was clean but very humid and dark. The room was also very dated. Overall though I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ScotM1005, Owner at Best Western Premier Milwaukee-Brookfield Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thanks for responding on Trip Advisor to share your thoughts.
While changes have been happening here to the facility year after year this year
we are ramping up even more...LED lighting, Lobby changes, Room lighting and Drapes, more Carpet and all the rooms should have 42" Flatscreen televisions. I can go on and on but please do stay again and you'll notice the refinements. Thanks again.

PSM
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

First I would just like to say that Mrs. Gina Brown and her staff was the most pleasant and beautiful people to work with. They made my Son's and new Daughter's wedding reception the most unforgettable day for not only the bride and groom, but for both sides of the family. The food was great, the reception hall was beautiful and again the staff was amazing. She work a miracle for our family in such a short notice. She work with us to make it the best day ever for us. This hotel will truly become our family event location. The hotel was beautiful, clean, and welcoming, and has a great location. The two who work with us that night, I would truly request you both again. They were two of the nicest people, they made us fell like we were at home. Thank you for making this a night to remember!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wow that makes my day! You are right that the people here really help make a difference and I have shared your kind comments with the staff. Congratulations on the Wedding as well and please do look me up when visiting the area again. Thanks for taking the time to share on Trip Advisor.