and 1 more site!
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stay in the Brookfield area multipule times a year and have stayed here before so I new what to expect. My room was on the second floor, king room with microwave and mini fridge. The rooms have an outdated look to them but all the electronics were up to date. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The atrium area with pool and games looked fun enough for kids and adults. The onsite restaurant and lounge will do for what I call bar food. They had a complimentary breakfast buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and a waffel maker for warm foods. Cold cereals are also available as well as donoughts, toast and begals. A decent free breakfast. I did not use the fitness room but saw thaat it would have suited my needs.

Hotel is located withing driving distance to many other restaurants, two that are walking distance accross the street.

Over all I would say this is a decent hotel to stay at and would stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ScotM1005, General Manager at Best Western Premier Milwaukee-Brookfield Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for your time spent at Trip Advisor. Yes the Electronics - 42" flatscreen! - is a hit...especially since we have High Definition Service. Look for updates soon to our 2nd floor rooms that seem dated to you. Chef on duty for custom orders as well.
Hope you come back soon!
Scot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family used to stay at this hotel every year for Thanksgiving due to the great open swim and lounge area, wanting to continue the tradition with my own family we decided to book a 3 night stay here. Big Mistake. At check in I had some basic questions and the gentleman was not overly excited to answer them, again went to the desk later and asked about the shuttle service, the same gentleman was there and rolled his eyes at my question. The next morning I had some questions regarding some charges on my statement, Shaenice or something like that first hung up on me by phone so I decided to make another trip to the front desk. She continued telling me "i don't know" and "its not my fault" She told me that I would have to wait for her supervisor to come in at 11am. Guess who the Supervisor was..same guy that had issues with my earlier questions. All in all the rooms are ok, the free breakfast is edible (stay away from the eggs) the pool area is great and perfect for families. The staff is terrible. Not sure if they go out of the way to hire such rude people but sure seems like it.

Room Tip: The suites are def worth the additional 50 bucks
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ScotM1005, General Manager at Best Western Premier Milwaukee-Brookfield Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you sir for your review about us. This is how we get better! While we rarely get comments about rude service I think that your questions stumped our front desk associate!
We do use real eggs... not the bagged eggs most places boil and I also have a chef on duty to fill any order you'd like for Breakfast. The atrium is awesome for families so I do hope you'll stay with us again. I will review proper responses to customer issues and questions with the entire front desk staff.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

The housekeeping could use some work in this hotel. I am in no way a neat freak, but the seams between the carpet and wall in my room were badly in need of a vacuum, the dust buildup was insane. The tub was dirty, and there was a hard crusty stain at the corner of one of the beds that looked like vomit that hasn't been cleaned up. The pool area was nice and clean, and there was always someone around putting more towels out or picking up or sweeping.
We enjoyed the free ping pong and had hoped to use the air hockey table, but were told the pick and what not had disappeared. Restaurant staff was very friendly for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ScotM1005, General Manager at Best Western Premier Milwaukee-Brookfield Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Hello KD131,
Thanks for taking time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor as we all value the heads up.
Not having a name I am not able to zero in on your exact room but I did inspect 14 rooms and did not find the dust issue you mentioned. I have gone over the review with Housekeeping and our managers are on the lookout to find and resolve the issue you discovered. I did replace the missing air hockey pucks right a way. Breakfast starts your day so we are giving that extra effort and with a chef on duty you can order custom omelets or anything off our full menu.
Hope you'll try us again!
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I ended up at the Best Western Midway after booking a hotel on Priceline.com. Normally, Priceline gives me the Sheraton down the street, so this was my first time at the BW Midway. It seems like a nice hotel but could use some general updating. I was surprised to find that my room was decorated with a Harley Davidson theme, from the bedding to the shower curtain... interesting and fun. Biggest problem was with the parking, which was minimal, however I was able to park in the back of the hotel and access the building near the elevators, so that was very helpful. The hotel has a nice pool and restaurant, but I did not use either one as I was just there one night on business. Overall it looks like a nice place to stay and especially if you have kids, I think they'd enjoy the pool area. Overall, it was a nice experience. Hotel staff was friendly and accommodating. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms overlook the pool area; however this is a six story hotel, and only two levels ope...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ScotM1005, General Manager at Best Western Premier Milwaukee-Brookfield Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Wow you got the Harley room! Usually it goes early and I know we were busy during your stay.
Glad you found the parking in the back and hope you will return as mentioned. Than you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We experienced a problem with the heating/cooling system when we got into our room.[it didn't work] We called down to the front desk immediately ,and the staff was less than pleased to help us. They made us feel as if we did something wrong. Eventually, they moved us to a different room.
They have a lounge at this hotel, but goodluck getting service. After a good 10 minute wait at the bar, we went elsewhere.
We love staying at Best Western properties, but this is by far the most disappointing BW property we've ever stayed at.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Kim T
ScotM1005, General Manager at Best Western Premier Milwaukee-Brookfield Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Kim,
3 dots...that's a first for us in a very long time! I'm so sorry the heating in the room was not working. Brand new Energy efficient controls just completed through out all guestrooms so I'm very surprised. I will have our building engineer check this out right a way. I do know that our units do not bring cool air from outside in the winter as our huge compressor may freeze so it is shut down. They have electric heat back up as well.
Also I'm sorry we were so busy in the bar (Musky event in town) and could not serve you in a reasonable amount of time.
We are training new people and looking for more as the hotel is busier than ever. Please consider us again as many improvements ( as always here) are planned and underway.