“Interesting weekend buffet”

Taste of India
Ranked #42 of 167 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Excellent Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian Cuisine. Welcome to Taste of India Restaurant, home of the tradition and exquisite preparation in Milwaukee area. We have made a commitment to bring variety, high quality and large selection of Indian dishes and Milwaukee responded by making us successful. Our goal is to present this variety in a range of tastes and preparations as a way of introduction to the regions of India. All without having to increase the price to average enthusiast, or glutton alike. We are offering South-Indian, North-Indian, and the unique Indo-Chinese cuisines as part of our buffet as well as regular menu preparations. We serve more than twenty two (22) different items for lunch buffet during weekdays and twenty five (25) or more items during weekends and holidays. We also offer catering services to small and large events, weddings, graduations, corporate and holiday parties, executive events. The chefs at Mayura use best ingredients, fresh vegetables and best halal meat in town. Try the distinct taste of such dishes Mayura Vegetarian Assorted Appetizer and Mayura Non-Vegetarian Appetizer, a savory collection of Tandoori preparations including seek-kabob, chicken Tikka and Boti kebab. Products: Indian food. Specialties: Vegetarian & Non Vegetarian Indian Cuisine. Areas Served: Brookfield, Milwaukee, West Allis, Waukesha. Payment: AMEX; Cash; Discover; MasterCard; VISA. Year Established: 2005. Languages: English. Keywords: Indian Restaurant, Catering, Buffet, Take Out, Restaurants, Delivery, Dinner Restaurants, Vegetarian, Indian Food, Indian Buffet, Restaurant, Restaurants, Caterer, Carry Out, Vegetarian Food, Vegetarian Restaurant
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I have been here many times, but not on the weekend.We always do the lunch buffet. This Sunday, it was a little more expensive than a weekday, but more variety.For example, along with the usual Chicken tikka and tandoori, they had goat curry. Lots of little extras and most very delicious. I found the goat a little chewy and the chicken tikka a little drier than usual. But, if you're looking for good Indian food, give this a try.
Also, don't miss the Indian store next door for authentic Indian food and spices to make your own.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

The lunchtime buffet allows you to try all types of Indian food - from mild to spicy. The items are always very fresh (not reheated day old items). Love the variety.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Ate here when in Brookfield on business. I love Indian (wife doesn't, which is why I eat it on the road).
In an average strip mall, but . . .

Service was excellent (from my experience, Indian places do their big business at lunch, so getting into them at night not a problem).

The quality of the curry and Naan (I had the fruit and nut stuffed) was EXCELLENT. You have to try the MANGO LASSI - Excellent!

Atmosphere is slightly better than average. I WILL be back.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We had seen this restaurant many times and finally decided to stop. The lunch buffet would
be a perfect time to sample their food. They had a nice variety of dishes-I was impressed!
The food was good and the price was very reasonable!
I would recommend this to anyone wanting to sample Indian cuisine or to the people
just looking for a good Indian restaurant.
You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed December 26, 2011

I came for the lunch buffet twice in the last two months. The food was fabulous, curries, biryani, naan, tandoori chicken were all perfect. Love this place.

1  Thank Lynn_from_WI