“Horrible, The Worst!”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Waukesha, WI
“Horrible, The Worst!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

My single worst dining experience of my life. How can you mess up a grilled cheese?
I was too embarrassed for them to say anything.
Don't ever go here!

• Visited December 2011

New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Prime Rib special not what it used to be.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2011

My family used to go the Maxwell's Restaurant in the Midway Motor Lodge for the Saturday night prime rib special which was recently restarted. Unfortunately, it is not what it used to be. The salad bar is miniscule, the prime rib was tough, the au jus was basically brown water. Even worse was the service, which was pretty bad. The restaurant was nearly empty, but everything was slow to arrive, and the waitress inattentive. I am very disappointed and will not go there again.

• Visited November 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best fish frys around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was looking for a diffrent place for my usual friday fish fry. So I thought I would try Maxwell's again after a few years. I was very suprised how good the fish fry was. I could never find a place that had crispy batterd fish. They really improved there food so I will be aa regular once again.

Michigan
“Staff was friendly...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Across the street from the hotel we stayed at in another hotel. We were tired and hungry. The staff was very friendly. We were there about 7p.m. and were there was only one other family in the restaurant. Food was so so... I had a salad that was warm and wilted but tasted OK, and my husband had some kine of fish that was just OK. Try their prime rib bites as an appetizer. They were great!

• Visited October 2011
Hartland, Wisconsin
“Wedding Reception”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

Our daughter's wedding reception was held at the Best Western Midway featuring Maxwell's catering. She had a buffet to ensure people had a nice selection and enough food to eat. Everything was excellent, The food was hot and fresh. The mashed potatoes were "real". I did not hear a negative remark about anything at the reception and have been hearing comments all week about how good the food was.

• Visited June 2011