“Chef should taste first”

Boulder Junction Charcoal
Ranked #62 of 170 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Overall great place got there fairly often. Wife had the prime rib.. cooked great looked great. .tasted yuck.. come to find out the chef used a herb and spice marinade..".. well sometimes the tarragon gets a little off when we cook it..
Yeah tasted moldy! Suggest you stick with the spices bail on the herbs.

My NY Strip.. great! No herbs.. just spice...

Reviewed March 7, 2013

After a few years, we decided to stop because I have always loved their fish fry's. I would say the fish fry was just OK. You get enough food, but it wasn't up to the same standards as in past years. It was a little on the greasy side and could have been cooked a bit more. Fries were good and the salad was crispy and cold. Our waitress was pleasant and attentive. The cost was 11.95 for four pieces of fish, fries, salad or soup and your individual loaf of white bread.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Great food, friendly staff. Love the BBQ pork sandwich! Has been a favorite for 10+ years. BBIG Burgers & nightly specials. Love it when I just don't want to cook.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This time I sat at the bar and service and drinks were terrific. My wife's 'Red Hat' group (the largest women's social group in the World for ladies over 50) and she reports that food ( a little slow in being served) was very good, drinks and service were also very good.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

It's been years since I've eaten at Boulder Junction, but a friend and I thought we'd stop in for dinner since it was close to where we were Christmas shopping. Time for Boulder Junction to undergo a makeover, especially with their food. The food is OK and edible. Could it be better? YES! Let's start with the food's temperature. It was lukewarm. When I asked to have my food heated up I was told "we don't have a microwave." Is that usual for a restaurant not to have a microwave? My ribs were slathered with sauce, baked potato was warm, cold hard butter, and really cold sour cream. So often restaurants don't pay attention to the finer details when it's these details that can be the difference between an average meal and a superb meal. This meal was only average and will remain that way until Boulder Junction starts to pay attention to the finer details of food preparation and 5-star service.