“Great steaks, but I miss their more intimate older location.”

Mr B's - A Bartolotta Steakhouse - Brookfield
Reserve with OpenTable
Mr B's - A Bartolotta Steakhouse - Brookfield is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 170 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brookfield Rd.
Transit: From Downtown Milwaukee: Go west on I94 and then north on Hwy 45. Exit west onto 190 (Capitol Drive). Travel approximately 5 miles and Mr. B's will be on the north side.
Description: Mr. B's Steakhouse provides spacious, handsome surroundings with characteristics of an Italian countryside. We are a classic Italian Steakhouse featuring classic steaks and fresh seafood; offering only the best ingredients and service to create an unparalleled dining experience. One of Milwaukee's top steakhouses, we prepare our steaks in our unique 1100-degree, wood-burning ovens. This preparation ensures a caramelized, buttery crust, which is unlike any other steak you've ever eaten. Mr. B's Steakhouse features three distinct private dining rooms. Each private space has individual capacities. Imagine your next gathering greeted with a welcoming bar and a sprawling patio complementing the graceful interior featuring wrought iron and warm woods. We offer an extensive wine list with selections from around the world with an emphasis on California Cabernet Sauvignon. See our award winning selections in our beautiful, temperature controlled celler in the bar area.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stumbled across the prior location just a bit further east on Capital. They've gone upscale with a much larger facility, but the intimacy has suffered.

Regardless, food reminds me of my favorite steakhouse in Chicago - The Saloon,

Great steaks, wine and sides.

Just wish it didn't get so popular.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

My friends and I decided to have a few drinks and dinner to celebrate my friends birthday. We didn't have reservations (which was not required I later learned) so we sat in the bar area next to the nice cozy fireplace. Our server (Brad) quickly brought us water and pointed out the Happy Hour menu. We decided to have a few appetizers and wine. He guided us through the menu and told us about a few of his favorites, so we told him pick three. WOW! The Voodoo Shrimp, Baked Brie and Cheese and Sausage platter were AMAZING!! We decided to stay for dinner since the appetizers were so great. We had filets which were the best I ever had, absolute perfection! At the end of the meal, Brad surprised my friend with a wonderful birthday treat. It was a sincere and apprecited gesture. The service was, hands down, one of the best experiences I have ever had! Bravo Mr. B's. I can't wait to return!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had reservations and were seated 20 minutes after our reserved time. We were seated in a tiny room near the outdoor patio entrance. We had to scream to hear each other, and even then it was hard to hear with the echoing of other diners. Our server, and us, had a difficult time squeezing between chairs at other tables to get to our corner table. My steak was very overdone and tough, so I didn't eat much of it. Slow, inattentive service. Very disappointing! I'm not sure we would return.

Joe B, Public Relations Manager at Mr B's - A Bartolotta Steakhouse - Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We're sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. Please e-mail media@bartolottas.com with your contact information so that we may follow up with you. Thank you!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is the classy place to be. Be ready to spend some money, but well worth the trip. They pay attention to every detail and keep records on their customers, favorite tables, etc.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

A restaurant that wants to be a chophouse but only gets the prices. We have eaten at true chophouses and this doesn't measure up. The atmosphere was crowded and noisy. The steaks were very good for the most part except my buffalo ribeye, which was tough and overcooked for what I ordered. Net, an above-average steakhouse, but wouldn't go back again when I can get better elsewhere for that kind of bill.