“thumbs up!”

Mama Mia's On Blue Mound
Ranked #45 of 182 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Had an awesome meal (huge) and the staff was awesome! Nice choice to sit outdoors too! Very happy! Two thumbs up!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

What makes a restaurant endure the new, hip & trendy? Consistency with the basics; pizza, garlic bread and salad. I'm going to clue y'all in on my little secret. Get a small cheese & onion pizza, a salad for two(you get a slab of garlic bread dipped in a vat of butter with the salad) and it will cost you under $30 with your 20% tip! No fault of their own, Brookfield water tastes like your drinking from a swimming pool, so buy a drink. How about a $6 glass of Lambrusco...good choice! Try a meatball on the side. They get the basics right at Mama Mia's! Get there!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

We went there with friends and really enjoyed the pizza in the garlic bread. This is a restaurant we go to frequently when we are in town

Reviewed April 29, 2018

We celebrated our 51st anniversary with family party of 11. Got there when they opened at 4:00PM on Sunday. First off they said they were out of Chianti. They just opened!! The garlic breads were great as always. However, the salad was VERY ordinary. A pile of shredded lettuce with four pieces of pepperoni and two peppers with their dressing. Lasagna was just ok with an ordinary sauce. Pizzas were good with a thin crust. I have been a customer since the 60's but lately not impressed.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

Ordered a salad, garlic bread, meatball, and lasagna. Salad was a bit of a disappointment as the ingredients couldn't elevate the iceberg lettuce. Garlic bread was deserving of the reputation. A big hunk of bread, perfectly toasted and running with butter. Quite good. Meatball was delicious with a tasty marinara, and is what I'll be ordering again if I come back. The lasagna was mostly cheese and I struggled to detect any other flavors, if there were any. The lasagna also came with mushrooms, which I normally love, but never would I have expected a restaurant like this to serve canned mushrooms. They were a bit slimy and rubbery, so they had to be canned. If a restaurant has to use canned mushrooms, then mushrooms shouldn't be on the menu at all. Canned mushrooms are a culinary tragedy.