“Mama was M.I.A.”

Mama Mia's On Blue Mound
Ranked #53 of 167 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went to Mama Mia's with my wife for a Friday night dinner. Arriving early, at 5 pm we were seated immediately, got our drinks and some fine, fine garlic bread. That's when the train went off the tracks. We ordered a salad to share (complete with more garlic bread, don't know where that would have gone). But not to worry, neither the salads nor the extra garlic bread ever materialised. Instead, our entrees appeared. My wife got the mostaciolli with a couple of meatballs. She liked the meatballs OK but found the red sauce bland and with minimal seasoning. My lasagna, ordered because of multiple TripAdvisor recomendations (thanks guys!), was a bigger problem. Served in an red hot glass casserole dish, the lasagna was not recognizable as lasagna. It was so runny, I was unable to cut it out of the serving dish to put on my dinner plate, but ate it directly from the casserole dish using the serving spoon like a soup spoon. Small, thin, limp lasagna noodles and mushrooms were floating around atop a very hot reddish liquid, sort of like a tomato-based wonton soup. This didn't taste too bad, but could hardly be called lasgna. After we were done, I told the waitress to please take the unserved salads off our bill. Her response was they weren't on our bill, because she had neglected to write them down on our ticket!! In all fairness, she was pretty busy that night. They do seem a touch understaffed, because she was acting as hostess and server for multiple tables. Bottom line here, the food was palatable, but there seems to be some real problem with service and quality control at this time. Mama, please come home, the kids need you!!

2  Thank Joe C

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Got a table right away but not in our normal "good" service section where we normally sit. got our water right away, waitress took our pizza order and demanded we get Garlic Bread, and was actually really pushy about it. We smiled and said no thank you and she proceeded to say "well, you don't know what your missing" Really? She took our two pizza order and disappeared. Meanwhile she served two other tables in our area and screwed up another tables order. we sat there thinking oh oh, this might not be good....Well she brought our pizza's a really long time later and they were both COLD and the cheese was congealed. Disgusting...We told her we did not want the food wand walked out. We won't be going back there any time soon. Oh and someone in the kitchen area was yelling at another person in the kitchen. Very unprofessional...

3  Thank Acura2006
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We always stop at Mama Mia's on every visit to Wisconsin. Love the lasagna, garlic bread and pizza. This is a must stop for us.
Had to wait a while for a table and to get our food, we think they were short staffed, but worth the wait!

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a pizza and ravioli ( cheese)with their meat sauce Delicious !!!! Service was excellent !! Will come again when in Milwaukee

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been going to Mama Mia's since my childhood years. There are several locations around town ... I grew up going to the one on Burleigh. Their garlic bread is famous and always fantastic. One order actually comes out as an 8-inch load of french bread drenched in butter both top and bottom. It's up to you how much garlic salt you want to add, if at all, and you can order a side of meat sauce for dipping if you'd like. Their meals actually come with one of these mammoth pieces of buttery goodness. Mama's italian dinners are wonderful, but they are known for their pizza. Their pizza seems a bit hit or miss lately. One time the pizza will be just as good as it's always been and next time not so much. They are famous for their crisp cracker crust, which is consistent, but this last time there was a lot more sauce than cheese, which is a downfall for my hubby and me. We will never stop going back and it will always be one of my favorites in Milwaukee for good italian fare!