“Great small gem!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great small gem!”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went to Mozzaluna in Brookfield last week with my family and was extremely satisfied. Such a charming restaurant in a little village of specialty shops. I had the gnocchi (which was fantastic) and my husband & daughter each got a pizza, which they said was great. (They also offer gluten free pasta & pizza.) Service was wonderful. A good family atmosphere or a nice date night too!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jodi G

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Pizza was fantastic.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

My party of six women started out with cocktails in the bar area and ended up staying there all night, ordering dinner from there rather than move into the dining room. At one point, we ordered a round of lemon drop martinis and while they were DELICIOUS, they were missing the sugar around the rim (the owner very nicely explained that they don't get a huge call for that type of martini so didn't have the correct sugar to use). If you've been to Italy, you know that each region prepares their dishes just a little bit differently and that's the case here at Mozzaluna as well. The chef is Sicilian, so his food is prepared with a Sicilian flare. As such, you will find that the bruschetta here doesn't have red onions in it, nor did the caprese salad come with balsamic vinegar (but those items were quickly brought out when they were requested). Two of us each got our own pizza (we ate every bite!) and two others split some kind of steak sandwich (one of them said it was the best hunk of red meat she's ever had). My pizza (the Salsiccia and I added onions) was very very tasty, the sausage was yummy, and I wish there would've been more of it. We had great service and the atmosphere was really nice for a bunch of women to catch up on everything. The tiramisu tasted exactly like it does in Italy. I would definitely go back here.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank DLKWI88
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great (and different) pizza experience”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Mozzaluna's food quality is great from top to bottom. Its pizza offerings stand out because they aren't the usual "cheese, sausage, mushroom" selections. You can tell by the names alone that they are drawn from traditional Italian recipes, and the ingredients reflect this. The wood-fired oven creates a pizza with wonderful texture. Pop for the extra $2 for fresh mozzarella - it will be one of the smartest decisions you've ever made!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Rick M
“never a bad meal”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Mozzaluna is in our neighborhood so we eat there a lot. The pizza is awesome. I love the Bianca. But with soprasetta. Yum yum.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kathy R
“Great Pizza and service”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I each had a pizza. We also had an order of their mozzarella marinara. They take great pride in their ingredients and the pizza was fantastic. The moz was perfect. We really enjoyed our dinner and we'll be back.

3 Thank Klyde01