“Awesome flavor of the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hom - CLOSED

Hom
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Hōm, celebrates simple farm-to-table cuisine and the growers and producers in our community who share the same passion for pairing locally farmed ingredients with dramatic flavors. From bright and crispy to smoky and earthy, the tastes at Hōm draw inspiration from Wisconsin farmers markets, small growers, ranchers and local fishermen. In addition, the unique partnership between SURG Restaurant Group’s own Mike Polaski and his Hidden Creek Farms, located in New London, WI, is one more way Hōm can assure its diners the highest quality beef, pork and produce from pasture to presentation. “Locavores,” i.e. Wisconsin home-grown enthusiasts, micro-brew aficionados and anyone willing to catch a bit of Wisconsin sports fever for the evening are invited for a real, honest meal with a touch of elegance, in true SURG tradition. Welcome to Wisconsin. Welcome Hōm.
“Awesome flavor of the food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

I had the heat burger and there are so many layers of flavor! Really good and cooked to perfection. Te side of tater tots with chipolte ranch just topped it off nicely.
If you're looking for flavor, it hard to beat this place!

“Very attentive staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Very attentive staff started with the hostess seating us upon entering. Next Kelsy our waitress told us about the restaurant concept and what the specials were. The food was fantastic. BBQ in Brookfield. One of the managers even stopped by to see how our night was going. Nice touch you don't see too much anymore.

“Overall, good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I went here with friends for lunch on a Saturday afternoon. It was very quiet and not many people there so service and speed of food was good.

We started off with appetizers. We had the House made Cheddar and Gouda Tater Tots with bacon ketchup, those were excellent. We also had the Char grilled wings, they were also very good. I then ordered House made Pretzels with beer dipping sauce-EXCELLENT!

For our main course, my husband had the Baby Back Ribs, he absolutely loved them. They were very tender and fell off the bone. My friends husband had the steak and he enjoyed that as well. My friend had the Macaroni and Cheese. She said it wasn't what she expected and was different and didn't care for it too much. I had the Roasted Candy Stripe Beat Salad. It was good, but I didn't care for the beets. I added chicken to it and it was pretty good.

Overall, it was a good experience. I wouldn't mind going back but there are so many other great restaurants in the Milwaukee/Brookfield area to try.

• Visited September 2013
“Fabulous food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Thoughtful menu choices and great local sourcing. One of our favorite restaurants. The steaks compare favorably with nationally known places.

Hidden Valley Lake, California
“Come on Man”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2013

We drove across the parking lot after a terrible lack of service at the Indian place at the strip mall next door - we needed a quick meal before the Packer game. Greg the bartender was super attentive and we all agreed that poor service is unacceptable. Ordered beers and 2 appetizers, salad and burger, medium rare - the shrimp and grits were steaming hot, perfectly cooked and delicious with tomato, sausage and spinach as well as fresh corn incorporated into the grits. The gnocchi could have been boiled a bit longer before pan fried, but they were tasty and the spinach and chunks of garlic were fantastic with the shards of parm and yummy sauce. The beet salad was excellent and well dressed. The burger looked great, but when my husband cut it in half and cut a piece off the edge for me to try, I could see it was red - it was completely raw - on the edge!! I opened up the cut burger and showed Greg and pattied up my own burger out of the raw center. He was apalled and took it back to the kitchen. 15 minutes later......a smaller burger came out in exactly the same condition. I have been a chef for over 25 years and all you need is a thermometer to temp perfectly the way the customer wants. I took the burger up to Greg at the bar and pattied up another burger out of the center of the cut burger and he went and got the assistant gm. The assistant gm looked at the patty I had made of the raw meat and agreed that he should do something - which was to offer us another burger! We refused and he walked away. Greg then told us he was the bar manager and comped the whole meal. I wanted to pay for the good parts but he refused. He is a class act and the only reason this place gets a 2 is because of him. If you can't cook a hand pattied burger, buy a pre-pattied burger. If you don't own a thermometer, you can't be in business.

2 Thank ks714