“Great Repeat”
Review of Hom - CLOSED

Hom
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Hōm, celebrates simple farm-to-table cuisine and the growers and producers in our community who share the same passion for pairing locally farmed ingredients with dramatic flavors. From bright and crispy to smoky and earthy, the tastes at Hōm draw inspiration from Wisconsin farmers markets, small growers, ranchers and local fishermen. In addition, the unique partnership between SURG Restaurant Group’s own Mike Polaski and his Hidden Creek Farms, located in New London, WI, is one more way Hōm can assure its diners the highest quality beef, pork and produce from pasture to presentation. “Locavores,” i.e. Wisconsin home-grown enthusiasts, micro-brew aficionados and anyone willing to catch a bit of Wisconsin sports fever for the evening are invited for a real, honest meal with a touch of elegance, in true SURG tradition. Welcome to Wisconsin. Welcome Hōm.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Haven't been there since they opened last year and was curious if the food and service tapered off. It hasn't. More items were added like beer cheese soup and other yummies. Glad we went back.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Second trip here, our first trip was for lunch and it was wonderful. Kim was great. My wife and I really enjoyed the food and service. This last time we were disappointed. Although our waiter seemed very nice and professional, we couldn't understand him. He had a very heavy accent which made it very difficult to understand him. My wife is Hispanic herself so we felt bad we were dissappointed for this reason but after paying close to 100 dollars for a nice meal, we wish we could have understood and interacted with him more. Service was also a little slow with drinks and dessert menus... We felt a little put aside for a big table he had. Food was excellent as expected. We will still return.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My wife and I went to 812 for our anniversary. The drinks were ehhh and the food was blah. I had the prime rib and it was lacking taste, could have used some seasoning. We both had bread pudding for dessert but even that wasn't anything to rave about. There are cow pictures on wall. The idea of the looking at the cow I'm probably eating wasn't ideal, for us. Been there done that don't need to go back.

1  Thank Doogiest
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Returned a second time to 8-twelve MVP Bar & Grill. We were fortunate to have an awesome waitress named Melissa who recommended some delicious sides to go with our salad choices. Everything turned out perfect! Roasted Candy Stripe Beet Salad with Steak & Truffled Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes. Wood Grilled Local Asparagus Salad with Salmon along with Brussel Sprouts. What we find unique about 8-Twelve is that the quality of food is that of what you would find at an upscale restaurant yet your allowed to enjoy this while you dine in very casual attire. Some reviews that I have read said it is pricey. I say you pay for what you get. Both times I've been to 8-twelve I have gotten excellent service & excellent food worth what I paid.

1  Thank annonymousa_13
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Food was ok, but way overpriced for what you get. Appetizer of cheese curds were $10 (yikes). We were expecting to get a heaping bowl full for costing $10 when we were given maybe a handful. Really??? This is Wisconsin, not Beverly Hills.

1  Thank Jen U