“Always a great meal”
Review of Hom - CLOSED

Hom
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Hōm, celebrates simple farm-to-table cuisine and the growers and producers in our community who share the same passion for pairing locally farmed ingredients with dramatic flavors. From bright and crispy to smoky and earthy, the tastes at Hōm draw inspiration from Wisconsin farmers markets, small growers, ranchers and local fishermen. In addition, the unique partnership between SURG Restaurant Group’s own Mike Polaski and his Hidden Creek Farms, located in New London, WI, is one more way Hōm can assure its diners the highest quality beef, pork and produce from pasture to presentation. “Locavores,” i.e. Wisconsin home-grown enthusiasts, micro-brew aficionados and anyone willing to catch a bit of Wisconsin sports fever for the evening are invited for a real, honest meal with a touch of elegance, in true SURG tradition. Welcome to Wisconsin. Welcome Hōm.
Milwaukee, WI
“Always a great meal”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I dined at 8-twelve on Friday 3/29/13 with my husband and 3 kids aged 7, 11 and 11. We had homemade tater tots and crab/lobster cakes for an appetizer; both were delicious. For entrees I had salmon, my husband had duck breast, the two 11 year olds shared a steak and the 7 year old had Mac and cheese from the kids menu. The entrees were all really well done; only the 7 year old disliked that hers had bread crumbs on it.

Service was fabulous. We will definitely go back.

Tucson, Arizona
“Mediocre food, amateurish service.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

When I try a new restaurant I like to see what's interesting and unique on the menu. However, when I asked our server "tell me about the duck confit" she explained that "confit is basically a duck leg" and "the pierogi is kinda like a potsticker." Based on that inelegant narrative I ordered the ribeye, which was adequate but poorly trimmed and grisly. Overall, we found the 8-Twelve to be overpriced, average food, and mediocre service. If your waitstaff doesn't know the menu and scares guests off your specials, you're destined to slide into obscurity. This place, frankly, reminds me of the failed Paramount (grafton). Save your money (and your hearing...this place is acoustically obnoxious) and just go to a Chili's or Applebee's.

2 Thank Dan_Ader
Mukwonago, Wisconsin
“They got it right”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

From the time we first entered 8 Twelve till we left we enjoyed all aspects of our visit.
The decor of the bar and restaurant are very nice. On the walls where we had dinner they had pictures of the local farm that supplies much of the produce, beef, and pork used in the restaurant. Their menu changes with what is available at the time.
The service was awesome! They explained their specials, my wife chose one of them, and gave me time to make my selection. Our water glass was kept full, the food was perfectly done, and they were their if we needed anything.

Wisconsin
“good experience”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We made reservations on a Saturday night. Our server was excellent, very friendly, helpful and energetic. Bread and butter were excellent (I love a good bread). We ordered two appetizers, the lobster cakes and cheese curds. Both were fantastic and a good sign of things to come. Between the four of us we tried the prime rib, special of the night, pasta dish and a pork dish, all very good. Desserts were intriguing and good. Not outta this world good, but good. They serve WI products and farm to table food, hence the barn theme vs. the sporty theme. A good choice and will try again.

1 Thank BamBamWisconsin
Milwaukee, WI
“Dirty dining”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Another couple wanted to go to 8 Twelve on Friday 030913. We arrived @ 4:15 p.m. & were there about 30 minutes ahead of them. We were having a glass of wine. There were only 2 young men at the bar & we chose a high top right behind them There was a blonde waitress that came over & started talking with them. We were so close we could have just about touched her. The entire time she is vigorously scratching her head on both sides, top, back with her nails....digging deep. She then lets her pony tail down throws her head forward & continues vigorously scratching. My husband wanted to say something but my thoughts were she was done working as she was spending quite a bit of time with them socializing & scratching....NOT. This goes on and on and my husband decides we are leaving and will wait for the other couple outside. The bartender comes over & we point out the scratching which she is now witnessing. The 3 end their conversation the guys leave & she walks out of the bar area scratching her head. We now see her go into another dining room and start working with table settings. I am a R.N & at this point I think she has a medical condition. The bartender got the manager & he said he witnessed it. In my mind I questioned it as If he saw her he also saw our response right behind her. Why did he not politely call her? He said she "Was now off the clock."
Our friends arrive and we just say we want to leave but before they know the story drinks are ordered for them. We end up eating there (we are hopeful) and my husband and I have the greasiest fish and chips $25.00 each. I was not feeling well at the restaurant & when I got home (live near-by) I took 2 Pepto (NEVER done that ..my husband had 4.) I called the restaurant & requested the manager call back. They were busy and it could wait. The gal who took my call assured me we would get a call. My husband & I were sick the next day & I could not leave the house to go to the gym as I needed to be hear a bathroom at a moments notice. My husband & I travel and go out a lot. This is my first restaurant review. By the way we are still waiting for that phone call.

4 Thank rtarney8