“Fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Parkside 23

Parkside 23
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Listed in the Milwaukee Magazine November 2011 Dining guide; reviewed in the July 2011 issue.
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Fresh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

They have their own garden. Second best thing about this restaurant is you can choose one dish but switch to the vegetables from another dish if you like those better. The waitress worked with me to get just what I wanted. Try the beet dish--I ordered it with the caprise flatbread, His lake perch meal was an ample serving. And the iced tea was real brewed tea. This was my third visit. Just 2 negatives -- the dining room is a little too noisy for a conversion, and on this visit there were no paper towels in the ladies room.

• Visited August 2014

Elm Grove, Wisconsin
“Such a great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

PS23 (as us locals know it) is a true gem to have so close to home. The food is so much different than much of the other restaurants around.

My favorite selection is by far the Pork Fries. The baked macaroni and cheese combined with a myriad of proteins (Bacon, Chicken, Etc) is also fantastic.

Great ambience and great staff. Always a pleasure giving PS23 my money.

Visited August 2014
New York, NY
“Mediocre food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Visited with my family for lunch and was very surprised how generic it was. All of our entrees were fine but nothing special. Restaurants should make every plate look great before serving it to customers not just put food on the plate and send it out. I got a pizza on a flatbread and it was just fine. My wife got a short rib sandwich which was good. But my mom got the most boring looking cobb salad ever (and salads should be in a large bowl not on a plate as the food falls off a plate very easily). There are other choices in brookfield to each lunch and I would suggest looking at those other options.

Visited August 2014
“Best in Broofield”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Great patio, delicious food and attentive service. Good wine selection as well! The pork loin, beet salad, short ribs, creamed corn and Mac n cheese are some of my favorites.

Milwaukee
“Service was great, food was great if your on a diet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went on a Saturday without a reservation at 5:30 PM. Were immediately seated. My daughter and I ordered filet and salmon with a house salad and a caesar salad respectively. Salad was good and fresh. I would estimate the filet was all of 3 ounces quartered and served with caramelized onions and greens . My salmon was two fingers wide and 6 inches long with buttered pan fried potatoes and 4 spears of asparagus. it was good, just not enough to fill me up. I ordered carrot cake(minus frosting) for dessert. The carrot cake was good and I really appreciated the absence of frosting.

The service was great, plates promptly cleared, service prompt and friendly.

Please note that the prices are more modest than most restaurants. I suspect that the pricing reflects the more modest servings.

• Visited July 2014

Been to Parkside 23? Share your experiences!