“Great addition”

Parkside 23
Ranked #3 of 170 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Listed in the Milwaukee Magazine November 2011 Dining guide; reviewed in the July 2011 issue.
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Just had a nice dinner here... Received a gift card and decided to try it out. Walked in, told it would have been and hour and a half to hour and fourth-five minute wait. We found an open table at the bar and could sit and eat there right away!

Ordered the flatbread, this was great. Most definitely enough for a meal! Our meals - crispy chicken and braised beef. Both really good, but not anything I would speak super highly of. Although I would come back again....

Reviewed February 9, 2014

We booked a work celebration dinner at Parkside 23. There were about 15 people total, and we were seated in a smaller side room with a few other diners. We would have preferred a private room, but the cost was too high to justify this. We were all seated promptly and well served by Amanda. Everyone (veg and non-veg alike) was able to find something on the menu that they enjoyed. We started with some of the flatbreads as an appetizer. I don't recall all of the entrees, but I heard no complaints about quality or quantity. The wines by the glass (and bottles) were well-chosen to go with the food.
The menu is arranged by price of the item rather than starter/salad/entree, and the small plates and big plates are grouped together. You can just pick whatever sounds good and it all works together. The total bill with tip was quite reasonable for such a large group.
Note that they have a half-price wine bottle night on Wednesdays, which makes the already reasonably-priced wines a real bargain.
This is not my first time here, and I would go back if I was in the area and looking for a local, farm-to-table experience. I haven't been here during the summer, so I hope I can have that experience soon as well.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Easy to find, but a bit off the main road. A must go. I, like another contributor, had the pretzel crusted veal, it is accompanied with black pepper spaetzle, sautéed asparagus, wild mushrooms and a caper pan sauce. WOW! It was fabulous. It went so well together and it was the perfect portion. I truly can't say enough about this restaurant. I ate at the bar, the patrons were friendly, the staff was friendly and accommodating. The bar area was friendly and comfortable. Someone next to me had the pork chop it also looked fabulous. It wasn't the run of the mill "breaded pork chop", it was served with root vegetable hash, apples, radish, and arugula with a mustard vinaigrette. This is not the run of the mill place. I think you can tell that by the two entrees I've described but if you want to know more - check out their menu. They have a farm right there. I visited in the winter but I'm sure in the summer the food is even better. I hope I can get back here then. I truly think you will enjoy this place as much as I did.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We ate lunch there with a group of six. One of us has eaten lunch there several times before and her consistent raves about the place compelled the rest of us to go there. This place is very classy inside, with nice earth tones and understated, modern elegance. Gone is the noise of the previous restaurant that was at this site, thanks to sound absorbing carpeting and the kitchen now being walled off from the dining room (although you can still see into the kitchen through windows in that wall). The veal with spaetzel and the pecan encrusted walleye were the standouts, but all of it was great. One of our party had their macaroni and cheese, which was very gourmet and very good. The salads were great too, especially the beet one, which came with goat cheese. This place has its own mini farm on site for locally sourced spices and vegetables, although we were there in January with snow on the ground. The bar at this place is also beautiful, and many people were eating lunch at tables in the bar. It features a nice outdoor patio in season too, and has a private party room if needed. Highly recommended. We will be back for dinner!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love the Pretzel Crusted Veal at Parkside 23. The portion size is perfect and the quality is always spectacular. The atmosphere in the restaurant is great and the servers all very knowledgeable.

1  Thank mjb2845

Been to Parkside 23? Share your experiences!