“Nice hotel, nice location”

Hampton Inn Brookfield
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Des Moines, Iowa
“Nice hotel, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

I travel to Brookfield for work about once every other month--typically I stay in the Doubletree down the road but this past week it was booked full so I tried the Hampton Inn this time. I know that on the "Hilton scale" the Hampton Inn ranks lower than the Doubletree so I had my expectations set a little bit lower, however upon my arrival I realized that having lower standards would not be necessary.

The check in staff was friendly, informative, and very pleasant to speak with. Despite arriving a few hours before check in, my room was ready and they were able to accommodate my request for an early check in. When I got to the room, I was very happy to find that it was spacious, well appointed, and very very clean. The bathroom is a little smaller than a standard Doubletree bathroom, but I thought the hotel did a great job conserving space and making the bathroom seem larger than it was. The beds were a little too soft for my taste so I did not get a great sleep--I prefer a firmer mattress and I just sunk right into this one. Since I was there for work, it was nice to have the desk area that I could set up shop and get some work done, and of course the wifi was complimentary so that was very nice as well.

One of my favorite features of this hotel was how easily accessed it was. It sits directly on Bluemound Rd but its main entrance is off on a side street that had much less traffic. It was in walking distance to several dining options, but if you are willing to drive just a few minutes you can easily get to just about any type of restaurant you could want. It is just a stone's throw from lots of retail options as well if that is the purpose of your trip, or if you want to head to downtown Milwaukee it is very easy to get on the highway and make the short trip (20-25 mins depending on traffic).

I still prefer the Doubletree as it has in house dining options and marginally nicer furnishings, however this Hampton will remain a nice option in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
madison, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

great hotel. Have stayed there several times and have had other family members stay. We have always been 100% pleased and will stay there each time we visit family. Only negative is that it is a little hard to get to from the Interstate due to several roads coming together.

New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were here for 4 nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. We found the room very clean, quiet and comfortable. Breakfast had many choices including eggs, potatoes and sausages every morning.
We did not have much interaction with the staff since we had no problems or requests but the few we did were pleasant and efficient.

Having chocolate chip cookies available is a very nice touch.

Plano, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

Had a wonderful experience here over the Thanksgiving weekend. The staff are excellent, especially the kind woman at the front desk who just gave me 4 AA batteries when I asked if there were any for sale. I needed them for my camera so I could take family photos at the Thanksgiving table. So grateful for her hospitality.

Winchester, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a total of 8 nights while in the area on business. Friendly staff, nicely appointed rooms (that appear to have been recently remodeled), and overall a very nice hotel. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when I am in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Bloomington, MN, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We booked while on the road online. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly. The hot breakfast was pretty typical but the area was kept up nicely, the woman working in the breakfast area was very friendly and greeted my 4 yr old girls with a big good morning. She also offered them a little prize from the prize box, this is a small thing that made the stay memorable.

Tuscola, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stay at this property several times per year. The room always smells and the thermostat never seems to work. It is always dim and they say it needs new batteries. Then replace the batteries! Frustrating experience to stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonBrookfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brookfield, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize about the room odor and that the temperature control system interfered with your comfort.
We have replaced the entire hotels guestroom thermostats batteries this week. We use Febreeze daily in the rooms for a fresh smell. We recently went through a complete renovation with new carpet and paint and this may still be in the air.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Rod Raschka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to Hampton Inn Brookfield? Share your experiences!