“Average Hampton”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Minneapolis, United States
“Average Hampton”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Having just spent a week traveling around North Carolina staying at Hampton Inns, this location was average. The staff at the NC locations were extremly friendly. My room was clean and neat; WiFi signal was great. Really that is what is important to me for business travel. The morning breakfast staff wasn't present and some of the tables needed cleaning. Otherwise the breakfast was good as usual.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonBrookfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brookfield, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any frustration you experienced when the actions of the staff did not meet your expectations. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were. Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!
Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort. If you would like to provide any more feedback or speak to me directly about your experience, I would certainly welcome you to do so. Please call the hotel at 262-796-1500.
rraschka@ncghotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fort Worth
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I chose this hotel as Hilton is my company's contractually preferred hotel and I'm normally a fan of all the Hilton brands. Front desk was friendly - rooms seem clean but my room is tiny, can barely turn in a circle - not an exaggeration am trying to figure out how I'm going to unpack my bag. I was planning on heading out but there is no shuttle and cabs are $20 minimum, just to come out/go back (so $40 minimum, even going just a mile or two).. This also poses a problem for eating since the hotel is awkwardly situated on a convergence of multiple highways, so no easy way to walk anywhere. No microwaves in the room and local food delivery seems to be pretty minimal. When I asked about how supposed to get around I was met with a shrug. I'll be doing quite a bit of work here in the next year but will need to find another, more business customer friendly place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Brookfield for your recent visit to the Brookfield area. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your experience. We always take the feedback we receive as invaluable and are always using it as learning opportunities to make our hotel and our teams stronger. We do have several different sizes and bed types in our rooms. Our single queen beds are in our smaller rooms and are priced slightly lower. Due to our suburban location taxi service is not always readily available and tend to have higher pricing.
I will use your feedback and take it back to the front desk team to ensure they are delivering strong lines of communication to our guests in terms of what they can expect. We will better ourselves so guests in the future will not have the same experience that you did. Once again, thank you for giving us the opportunity for improvement.
If you would like to provide any more feedback or speak to me directly about your experience, I would certainly welcome you to do so. Please call the hotel at 262-796-1500. I do hope that you give the Hampton Inn Brookfield another chance to show you we are dedicated to superior guest service.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The front desk clerk definitely showed a poor attitude at check in. Sorry for the inconvenience of checking in to your hotel! I have always enjoyed Hampton Inn, but would rate my experience with this hotel along the lines of a Super 8. Construction was still going on, and a little mess was to be expected, but the room we were first assigned to had a bare bulb hanging in the shower. The Clerk said he would "try" to find us a different room. He did, escorted us to a different room dirty floor and lacking furniture from the previous room. The Pool area was also dirty, didn't look like it had been cleaned in days.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonBrookfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brookfield, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I do want to apologize for the current condition of the hotel. Renovation is never an easy time for the guests or staff. We are in the final stages of the project and will be completed in the next few weeks. I truly apologize and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Whitewater, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family and I recently stayed at you Brookfield hotel and once again the Hampton Inn was more than we expected!!!! The front desk attendant that afternoon was spot on, she made all of us feel welcomed the minute we walked into the door. My girls were excited to receive the rubber ducks to play with in the pool, I thought her adding the touch of “We’ve been expecting you” was awesome. We stayed in room 242 and it was beautiful, very clean and very inviting. I loved the beautiful white duvet covers and of course my husband loved the LG TV!! The beds were extremely comfortable and the temperature of the room was very comfortable. The bathroom was very clean as well and stocked with just enough of everything. Your continental breakfast puts other hotels to shame. There was so much to choose from and laid out beautifully, the pool and hot tub were fantastic. We swam early Sunday morning and the water temperature in both was perfect. Having stayed at a Hampton Inn previously (Lake Mary, FL) I kind of already knew what to expect, but your staff and facility went above and beyond.

If anyone would ever ask for a hotel recommendation in Brookfield, you all would be at the top of the list!! Thank you for a great time, we will certainly be coming back!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Northbrook, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Second stay at this hotel. Our volleyball teams stayed there 2 night. Staff was pleasant and efficient. Rooms were well kept, comfortable, and cozy. Breakfast was plentiful. Good location. Plenty of restaurants around. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We spent a Saturday night here in January, and although we've stayed here several times with no problems, this time was a huge disappointment. The 4th floor is closed for renovations, which are necessary I know. And I suppose it didn't help that there were a busload of teenagers from St Louis spending the night. But it would have been appreciated if our room wasn't located at the end of the hallway with all of these kids. Being in our 60's, our bedtime is quite a bit earlier than theirs - which wouldn't have been a problem if they had practised some common courtesy by not slamming their doors (probably by leaving the security latch closed so they didn't need a key to enter their room). Each time a door slammed our beds seem to shake.
Breakfast was another disappointment. Where they used to have real scrambled eggs and pork sausage patties, they are foregoing the meat and using powdered eggs. Needless to say we decided to have breakfast at Perkins across the street. So beware their offer of a "free hot breakfast", unless you like oatmeal and pastries.

Room Tip: I would wait till the renovations are over - and if you see a bus in front - make sure your room isn...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HamptonBrookfield, General Manager at Hampton Inn Brookfield, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent experience. I want to personally apologize for the noise that disturbed your stay. Unfortunately due to our renovation we were not able to separate the groups from the rest of the hotel. We do try to control the noise whenever possible.
I am happy to say that the breakfast has recently undergone a change with an improved scrambled egg product. The items offered do change daily for variety, so on occasion there may not be a meat offering.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Hampton Inn Milwaukee\Brookfield
262-796-1500
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed on an evening where 1/4" of ice had fallen the night before. There was a front-end loader which began scraping the parking lot of the office complex next door at 2:30 AM on a Sunday morning. It had the loudest back-up alarm I have ever heard. Didn't get a wink of sleep after that. The walls and windows of this hotel are paper-thin. And the surrounding office buildings are not real picturesque. I have no problems with the interior of hotel or with the staff. They were friendly and accommodating. It wasn't their fault that the neighbors felt the need to scrape their business parking lot in the middle of weekend night. Overall, this isn't a bad place to stay. Location is good, convenient, but the surrounding area isn't what it used to be.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the interstate or the office buildings, maybe?
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel

Been to Hampton Inn Brookfield? Share your experiences!