“A little run down”

Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel has a convenient location for us, it is between Milwaukee and Kettle Moraine.
The rooms are clean and they have a comfy bed. The only issue is the bathroom, it has a whole in the wall.
This is the worst Quality Inn when we ever stayed but it's still OK to stay for one night, maybe two.
The breakfast is included. It's a standard buffet american breakfast. Nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank HelenaGuerra
Quality132, General Manager at Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Thank you for your comments. At this time we are working on upgrades to our hotel, currently we are replacing the room carpeting, next we will be removing the wall paper and will do a knock down painted finish in the bathrooms. We always appreciate our guests comments, it truly helps use improve our property and our guest stays.

Cathy Ekendahl, General Manager

Reviewed August 9, 2011

This hotel is pet-friendly, which was handy as we were traveling with 2 dogs. But, for those that aren't dog people or that don't want to hear occasional barking, keep that in mind. They had also decided to spray the lawn with lawn chemicals the weekend we were there, so that left very few options for our dogs to use when they needed to go outside.

The free breakfast was great - lots of options and many healthy choices too. After the breakfast was done, they put a few additonal things in a room off the side for anyone coming down later.

I didn't have a chance to try the pool, so cannot comment on that aspect.

Our room was on the smaller side. We had a king sized bed and that took up most of the room. The TV was a flat screen. The bathroom was very small, sink was outside the bathroom, so in the bathroom was the shower/tub and toilet. The floor of our tub was flaking off paint, and the paint chips were clogging up the drain. Very poor and slow drainage and at the end of my shower I was standing in a deep pool of water. We told the front desk and this could just be an issue in our room only, but wanted to be sure to mention it. Bathroom toilet was not well cleaned.

Bed was very comfortable and pillows were plentiful (5 small pillows, but that didn't bother me).

Some of the rooms have outside doors to a walkway/balcony around the hotel (we were on the 2nd floor and that was the way our room was set-up). Plenty of parking in the parking lot.

Close and easy access to the highway and Miller Park.

Would probably come back, hopefully these couple of items (paint chips and dirty toilet) were not standard in all the rooms or have been fixed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Redheadtraveler29
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stayed at Quality Inn for over 40 days and nights. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We had a handicapped bathroom that had a higher than normal toilet and the first thing we wanted when we got home was that higher toilet as we are 70+. The beds were comfortable and the desk and chair set up was great. We enjoyed the outdoor swimming pool on those hot and humid days. The cookies at 6PM were a treat we looked forward to.
The general manager, Cathy was especially kind and helpful to us.
The only negative was the carpeting in the elevator and hall. It needs replacing.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My son and I visited here and got a very good rate when I booked the room about a month ahead. In the many places I have visited, the statement "you get what you pay for" holds very true here. We checked in about 3:00 in the afternoon. Although the outside was painted nicely, the hotel is worn and the carpet and rooms are in major need of updating and repair. We were greeted by a very musty smell and housekeeping running around still trying to get rooms ready. I was met by one in the elevator who complained that they were sold out the night before and that night and that there weren't enough hours to get the rooms ready. This became evident later that evening when I pulled the bedspread back to see red stains on my white comforter (under the spread) as well as my son's comforter. Next, I pulled back the comforter, exposing the sheets I would be laying on, and there was another stain (fresh) on the sheets. The sheets had not been washed! I immediately packed up and informed the office that we would be leaving. The front desk sent a lady from housekeeping to the room and I showed her what my concerns were. She apologized and was willing to change the sheets. I told her I had seen enough and that we were gone. As most of the hotels in the area were completely booked due to an air show and a Brewers game, we ended up at a beautiful Marriott about 5 minutes away and ended up paying 3 times the price of the room at this place. Well worth the money spent. There was no doubt we were sleeping in a sanitary room which smelled wonderful. No more Quality Inns, will pay more in a second. Now I need to address my concerns with Choice Hotels, as we are one of their "valued choice reward" members!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wmpandjsp
Quality132, General Manager at Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2011

I'm sorry that you had problems while you were at our Quality Inn. I would like to ensure you and all other travelers that the issues you had with us in July were corrected immediately. As you can see by the other reviews we all try to do our best to ensure that every guest has a pleasant stay with us. I'm sorry that moving you to another room was not an option for you. I hope next time your in the Brookfield area you will reconsider staying with us again.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn on a hot summer weekend. The main purpose was to be close to a birthday party and to enjoy the outdoor pool. The rooms are reasonably priced and include a free breakfast. We had a room on the second floor facing the parking lot. The room decor was a bit dated. The room included a refrigerator, which was a nice amenity. The pool was really nice. There was plenty of seating and the pool itself was a nice size. The breakfast left a bit to be desired, but we weren't there for gourmet fare. For the price it was a decent stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The listing I read for this hotel stated "2010 Remodel" and that is true --they did a beautiful job on the exterior of the building --it is much more inviting and visually pleasing. The interior rooms have undergone only a few updates (like new faucets on the sinks), but the rooms are clean and well-maintained. I always get a room with interior hallways on the third floor, and have never been disappointed or dis-satisfied during any stay at this hotel. This is a good place to stay, not too far from Milwaukee, for a fair price.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2011

If you need a great hotel to stay in this is the one. The manager Cathy Ekendahl knows what it takes to make sure her guests are taken care of. Our family arrived at the hotel from four different states on a friday. We all were excited to be together and gathered by the pool on a very warm late afternoon. Cathy had walked by and asked if we needed anything and someone asked if there were any umbrellas. She returned a short time later with several. They were still in boxes and I told her I was surprised that they weren't brought out sooner. She said that she just had bought these from a store down the road a few minutes ago.
That blew me away, that she would run out and buy us umbrellas. I know that they were not just for us but that's my point, she made us feel like they were!
Later we gathered inside the lobby but our group was becomming too large. She moved us into a meeting room. It was incredible to have the time and the privacy to meet joke and laugh with each other. We did not feel like we were disturbing anyone either.
Hats off to you Cathy and Quality Inn! Thanks for making us feel at home!
Cheri