“Quality Inn has a nice pool area, but the rooms are a bit dated"”

Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Quality Inn has a nice pool area, but the rooms are a bit dated"”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn on a hot summer weekend. The main purpose was to be close to a birthday party and to enjoy the outdoor pool. The rooms are reasonably priced and include a free breakfast. We had a room on the second floor facing the parking lot. The room decor was a bit dated. The room included a refrigerator, which was a nice amenity. The pool was really nice. There was plenty of seating and the pool itself was a nice size. The breakfast left a bit to be desired, but we weren't there for gourmet fare. For the price it was a decent stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed July 21, 2011

The listing I read for this hotel stated "2010 Remodel" and that is true --they did a beautiful job on the exterior of the building --it is much more inviting and visually pleasing. The interior rooms have undergone only a few updates (like new faucets on the sinks), but the rooms are clean and well-maintained. I always get a room with interior hallways on the third floor, and have never been disappointed or dis-satisfied during any stay at this hotel. This is a good place to stay, not too far from Milwaukee, for a fair price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lino Lakes, Minnesota
Reviewed March 11, 2011

If you need a great hotel to stay in this is the one. The manager Cathy Ekendahl knows what it takes to make sure her guests are taken care of. Our family arrived at the hotel from four different states on a friday. We all were excited to be together and gathered by the pool on a very warm late afternoon. Cathy had walked by and asked if we needed anything and someone asked if there were any umbrellas. She returned a short time later with several. They were still in boxes and I told her I was surprised that they weren't brought out sooner. She said that she just had bought these from a store down the road a few minutes ago.
That blew me away, that she would run out and buy us umbrellas. I know that they were not just for us but that's my point, she made us feel like they were!
Later we gathered inside the lobby but our group was becomming too large. She moved us into a meeting room. It was incredible to have the time and the privacy to meet joke and laugh with each other. We did not feel like we were disturbing anyone either.
Hats off to you Cathy and Quality Inn! Thanks for making us feel at home!
Cheri

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cac99
Scottsdale, Az.
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We were only going to stay one night but changed our plans and stayed 2. My husband went to a Brewer's game while I stayed back at the hotel. Felt very safe. Clean room and great bed. Nice typical breakfast. What made it special was the friendly hotel manager...Cathy Ekendahl. She was so pleasant and went out of her way to explain the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Shelby Township, Michigan
Reviewed January 12, 2011

The room was clean and well taken care of. The morning breakfast was exceptional. The price was great. The General Manager was phrnomenal. From The moment I made the reservations, she was polite, professional, and helpful. She went the extra mile to be sure our stay was wonderful. When we discovered we had a problem with the Illinois Tollway system, she stepped up and resolved the issue. Would we stay there again? Absolutely! Do we recommend you patronize this establishment? Absolutely!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This was more of a motor lodge than a hotel. The check in clerk was nice, but the good time stopped there. The rooms have outside corridoors (yuck). The room was SMALL, our bathroom had blood & mucus on the bathroom door, my bedding was filthy with large stains on it. I threw it on the floor. The pillows were very small like a decorative pillow, the room was terribly dusty and smelled funny. The ceiling in the bathroom was crumbling too. My sister's room had a tub that wouldn't drain, and tape all over the walls-like someone had a birthday party & taped things up & the maid forgot to clean them. Breakfast was awful- mystery meat hash, cold biscuits & cold gravy-mmmm. I would not stay here again EVER. I just cannot understand all the good reviews. If my kids weren't so tired I would have driven home after the event we attended vs. staying in this dump. I stopped by the fronty desk to voice my complaints, but there was someone in front of me complaining too, and the clerk told him to "focus on the positives". I left & came back & there was nobody at the desk. I rang the bell to summon someone, but nobody ever came.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Quality132, General Manager at Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield, responded to this review, November 26, 2010
I sincerely apologize for this persons experience with us at the Quality Inn I have corrected our deficiency and would love for them to come back to experience our hotel again. I hope everyone will take the time to read our other reviews, this review is the exception not our standard. My staff and myself strive to exceed everyone's expectations and put customer service as high priority. Cathy Ekendahl, GM
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Value, cleanliness, and being treated like an old friend by all staff are what keep me coming back to this hotel. Whenever possible, the staff have let me check in early if needed by me. Management tries to implement breakfast suggestions from guests. Any issues or problems with your room or fixtures? No problem. They resolve those very quickly. This is easily my favorite Milwaukee area hotel. I travel on business but this hotel is close to family attractions, too, and treat all with respect.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
La Quinta Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Brookfield
Baymont Inn & Suites Waukesha
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to Quality Inn Milwaukee West Brookfield? Share your experiences!