“The Very Best Tableside Guacamole”

Jose's Blue Sombrero
Ranked #10 of 172 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is a great place to dine. The service is very attentive, the food well prepared and delicious. The drinks are wonderful. We have eaten here several times and this past weekend we chose to eat here for a special celebration. We were not disappointed. We started with the tableside guacamole, and had all of our favorite foods too. The food is consistent, not too spicy unless you want it that way and generous. The best thing I can say is that you always feel the server is attentively trying to ascertain what you want, making good recommendations when asked and serving you promptly. It is a busy place, every time I have been there, and always delicious. The atmosphere is great.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had dinner here after friends told this was a good spot for Mexican food. This is a very cute restaurant, complete with artifical cacti inside and out, straw hats, serapes, etc. Its location attached to a motel in the the middle of a large parking lot is unfortunate. The menu is fairly extensive and complete. There is an option for tableside preparation of guacamole which is fun and tasty. I like their version of tortilla chips and salsa. My wife had lobster burritos and I had a Mexicana steak. Both were extremely tasty. Prices were well within the reasonable range and our waitress did an excellent job. Overall, a very enjoyable visit.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Although we don't live near, when we travel up north we always make it a point to stop. The food is great as is the atmosphere and the service. We have never had anything that we didn't love!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Love going to Jose's any chance we get. The multitude of taco varieties are all delicious. I'm partial to Jorge's Tacos as well as Picosos (don't know if that's spelled right). The chips and house made salsa are a great way to start. Plus you can always add the table side guac! Drinks are very generous. I also HIGHLY recommend the Puerco en Chiles Verde. So delish!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have only been there once (tonight) but I went with a friend that's been there many times! The place was attached to a hotel, so I didn't expect much. However, it was great! We had a nice private booth, excellent service and above average mexi food. It was not totally authentic, but it was very good. I had chicken fajita taco's ($9.95) and it came w rice and beans and gauc and sour cream, it was fresh and well cooked and I will be back!