“Okay Property...good price”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Iowa
“Okay Property...good price”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

My daughter and I stayed at this property for one night. We got a good rate on Hotwire, and needed a place to stay before flying out the next morning. I was hoping for a little better, since it was advertised as being updated in 2007. It was updated, but I think there is only so much you can do to retrofit new stuff into an old building. Even with the updating, the linens were mostly worn out. Two of our bathroom towels looked ready for the trash. My daughter wanted an extra blanket, and housekeeping quickly brought one up. But, it looked like something I'd put out on the garage floor for my dog...seriously...totally worn out. Some carpet stains. The furniture in both the lobby and room seemed dirty. Small room typical of a hotel built in probably the 1970's, with a very small bathroom. Noisy hallways during the night, but this was not the hotel's fault. Plenty of parking, and reasonably good check in procedure. Good location just off I-94, and close to the Bluemound Rd. shopping areas and restaurants. All together, I'd hope to not stay here again, as I'd rather find a new property elsewhere, but for the right price, I'd probably put up with it again. .

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2010
Hello,

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield.

We completed our $10 million renovation in 2008. We’ve completely updated all of our public spaces, meeting rooms and guest rooms.

By the end of September 2010 we will have our new signature Sheraton White Linen bedding; all new sheets, pillows, pillow cases and comforters. Just imagine sinking into our pillow-top Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds after a long, hard day. It’s like sleeping on a cloud!

We apologize that you felt our public furniture was dirty. We have a public house attendant on 7 days a week to ensure that all of our areas are nice and clean.

Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you back in the future!

The Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed one night at the Sheraton in Brookfield and that was long enough. There were bugs in our 4th floor room, our reservation confirmation made it look like we would get free wifi, but we did not, there was free wifi in the lobby only and our bedspread was stained. When we called for a new bedspread, someone brought us a sheet. It took nearly 30 minutes to get a new bedspread.
For a Sheraton, I expected a lot more.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 27, 2010
Hi there,

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield!

I apologize that you felt our confirmation email was misleading. It does state that we have “High-speed Internet For A Fee” and “Wi-fi Internet.” The internet in the room is wired and does have a charge per day if it is not included in your rate. We have complimentary Wi-fi Internet in our lobby, lounge, restaurant and Sheraton Link business center. We are currently looking into upgrading our internet system to make our entire hotel wireless!

I’m glad our housekeeping department was able to switch out your bedspread as requested. We do everything we can to make sure that your room is comfortable and meets expectations.

I’m surprised to hear that you found bugs in your room. I have researched service calls for the entire month of July and was not able to find anything about bugs in our guestrooms. If you would like to continue this conversation please feel free to email GCPublish.00347@starwoodhotels.com and reference my name, Kim. I would be more than happy to dive further into your concerns.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you’ll stay with us again in the future!

Burlington, Connecticut
Reviewed July 17, 2010

My wife, two friends and I stayed here when visiting for Summerfest. The location in Brookfield is close to shopping and food on Bluemound and the hotel is right next to the highway which makes it convenient to downtown/Miller Park/etc and hard to get lost if you are from out of town. Rooms were clean and in order. The layout of the hotel was a bit confusing at first since they have different wings. The gift shop runs a taxi/limo type service which made our trip. We were expecting to wait for a cab to downtown, but you book in the gift shop and are on your way ( We went downtown in a Full Size luxury SUV for little more than the cost of a cab and had a driver who gave us a "tour" on the way"). The gift shop also has many great take home items as well (Sprecher root beer, cheese curds etc.) if you are traveling. Overall the whole group found the hotel comfortable and reasonably priced. We stayed downtown the second night for almost double the price of the Sheraton for half the room size and service.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Hi BadgerConn,

Thanks for your feedback after staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield! We appreciate your patronage.

I’m glad to hear that you had a great stay!

The Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield has 389 guestrooms and 19,000 square feet of meeting space which allows us to provide you with such great rates. We provide maps at the Front Desk in order to acquaint you with room locations if requested. Because the Sheraton is located right off the freeway I-94, it allows for easy access to the airport, downtown Milwaukee and many other suburban locations.

I’m also happy to see that you had a great experience in our gift shop! Dawn and Dutch run the Coffee Shop and Bistro as well as Red Tie Rides. I will certainly pass on your positive comments for their review.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope that we’ll see you for next year’s Summerfest celebration!

The Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield
North Georgia
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I liked the decor of the room, a lot, and I was fortunate enough to get a room with a window that looked out onto a big tree, and not onto a road or parking lot.

It's a very big and busy hotel. The parking lot is huge and, if you come in at night and end up way out from the door, kind of scary.

The decor was lovely -- nice lamps, nice leather chair at the desk, excellent television, STARBUCKS coffee in the room! Bathroom was small, but good enough for me.

The common areas that I used (hallways, elevators) - not great, but just because the hotel obviously gets a lot of use (weddings, etc).

I'm an extremely frugal traveler, and was GREATLY disappointed at the lack of free high-speed internet, in the room, and high charges for local phone calls.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Hello Mailsifter,

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield! It was good to see you.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and the fact that we have Starbucks and Tazo tea in every room. We’re very proud of our partnership and happy to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of complimentary coffee each morning.

I’m sorry to see that you were disappointed by our guest room high-speed internet access fees. Our hotel’s executive team is currently looking into this topic. We will certainly take your feedback into consideration when making our final decision. In the mean time, we do have special rates that include complimentary in-room internet access. Remember, we have free Wi-Fi in the lobby, lounge, restaurant and Sheraton Link business center where you can connect with family and friends after a long day. Our business center also has complimentary computers for our guests to use.

Thank you for your review and we hope to see you back at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield next time you’re in the area!

The Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Hotel was a great value fpr leisure traveler. Rooms are a bit small but make up for it with efficient layout. Fitness Center is by far the best I've seen with several top end machines and great environment. Front desk was very helpful in making sure adjustments needed were made. While older, renovation in 2008 has rooms very comfortable. Charge for in room Internet is archaic and needs to be eliminated.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Hi there,

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield!

We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our Sheraton Core Performance Fitness Center is one of the crowning jewels of our hotel. The fitness center next to the indoor pool features our high quality, new cardio equipment. Just downstairs, we have weights and mats for stretching and strength work outs.

I’m also happy to see that you enjoyed our Front Desk staff. I’ll pass on your comments to our Front Desk Manager to share with her team.

Thank you for the feedback about the in-room internet usage charge. Our hotel’s executive team is currently looking into that topic as we speak. We will certainly take this review into consideration when making our final decision. In the mean time, we do have special rates that include complimentary in-room internet. Don’t forget, we have complimentary wi-fi in our lobby, lounge and Sheraton Link business center where you can reconnect with family and friends after a long day.

We’re glad you stayed with us and hope to see you back at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield in the future!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 8, 2010

When we arrived at the hotel, the desk clerk mentioned that the water would be shut off the following day at 9:00am and only for a few hours. Certainly, we should have been warned via email about this before hand. The water wasn't turned back on until 4:00pm, and you had to run the water for nearly an hour before it was clear enough to use. Mind you, we couldn't drink it, bath in it, or flush the toilets. I wonder how their sprinkler system would have worked in case of a fire? Or how their restaurant was allowed to operate. After many complaints, their only offering was free bottled water at the front desk. So...we could drink the water but then not be able to use the toilets. The rooms were very damp and smelled musty. The room service binder was stuck to the desk. Although updated, the whole experience was pretty gross.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, July 9, 2010
Hello trvlr75,

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield!

I’m sorry to hear that you were upset about the water situation. The City of Brookfield had to shut off the water in order to do emergency repair on a fire hydrant. This means that our hotel and everyone on the west side of Moorland Road all the way to Greenfield Avenue did not have water. We only found out about this only a few days before and were unable to contact all of our guests in time. We were told by the City of Brookfield that they would be shutting off the water at 9am but they did not give us an exact completion time. They had stated that it should be only a few hours, however it was a little longer than that.

We did have bottled water at the Front Desk for anyone who was thirsty. Our restaurant was cooking with bottled water as well. Had there have been a fire, Brookfield Fire Department would have been contacted immediately by our automatic alarm service and would have been here in just a few minutes.

I apologize that your room was damp and musty. If you find a room is not to your liking, please contact the Front Desk and we would be more than happy to relocate your room.

If you would like to further this conversation, please email GCP.00347@Starwoodhotels.com and mention my name, Kim. I would be more than happy to address anymore concerns.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you’ll stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield in the future!

Madison WI
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Stayed here two nights for a business meeting at the hotel. Room was much smaller than expected, but probably typical of this hotel when it was built. The bathroom in particular was quite cramped. The rooms have modern features and were recently remodeled, but the structure is still older style. The location is right off the interstate and easy to get to. Considering my room faced the highway, it was surprisingly quiet so kudos to Sheraton for using good materials in the windows, etc. I heard almost no traffic noise. The hotel is suitable for small conferences, but the layout of the multiple meeting rooms is disjointed and complicated, many are off in distant parts of the hotel from the main meeting rooms. A large mall is across the parking lot and provides suitable places for lunch. Many chain restaurants are within a mile or two radius.

Internet access in the room is $10/day (though free in lobby area); most comparable hotels provide it free everywhere. There is a small indoor and outdoor pool, fitness room, no other facilities. Plentiful free parking.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2010
Hello MSN58,

Thank you for staying with us during your business meeting!

Our traditional rooms are 240 square feet. We do have larger room types available for an upgraded fee, which the Front Desk of our hotel would be more than happy to assist with.

The Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel has over 17,000 square feet of meeting space to assist all of your convention needs. We have hotel maps located at the Front Desk if anyone would like to request one. Our meeting space is located all over our hotel to give different groups the privacy they need and deserve.

I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed the improvements from our 2008 renovation. We spent over $10 million in our guest rooms and public spaces to update our hotel with the latest amenities.

I’m also happy to see that you enjoyed our indoor and outdoor pools, two fitness rooms and ample complimentary parking space. We also have a full service restaurant, lounge and room service that serve delicious drinks and food.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you back in the future!