“Good place to stay”

Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Free internet connection, free parking and great beds, this is surely poitive.
People at check in are very courteous.
Breakfast is good, although not included in the price.
Only small point: dry laudary service price are extremely high. I did not use them. Overall a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Hi PaulGoes,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our great service and comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds.

I apologize you felt inconvenienced by our hotel renovations. We have just finished all the guestroom carpeting and are starting the next phase of our renovation.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

We hope we’ll get a chance to welcome you back to our new hotel in 2014.

Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

The current renovation process is a little inconvenient, but service is great, the beds are great and there are several great places to eat within a few miles. The walls are a bit thin so if you get a loud talker next door, you will likely hear every word.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Extremely rude staff and they have no knowledge of things that are supposed to be in the rooms. We were supposed to have a mini fridge (after paying outrageous upgrade fees) and when we got to the room it wasnt there. I let the girl know at the front desk and her response was "someone must have ran off with it". Stains all over the carpets and mold in the bathroom, paint chipping everywhere and dumpster dive furniture. They blame all this on the fact that the last remodel was done in 2008. Thats only 5 years. It doesn't matter if it's been 5 or 20years. If the place was maintained PROPERLY, then they shouldn't have so many issues!! Lists an outdoor pool as an amenity which I did not see, but I may have overlooked this. There were people having a family dinner in the main lobby when we checked in, I thought that was very inappropriate. There is a place for that. Don't book through a third party, such as hotwire or priceline because you get treated like scum. EVERYONE that uses a different site other than theirs to book there stay is automatically put into a room with 2 double beds and then forced to pay upgrade fees for a king. I'm sorry, but when my husband and I stay at a hotel, we like to sleep in the same bed. I have not seen a single review on here where someone wasn't put into a double if they booked through a third party. Thats shady. And then they use the excuse "if you would have booked through us directly, your room type would have been guaranteed". Really? It's just a coincidence that this happens to EVERYONE who doesn't book directly? You're way over priced and no one should have to pay those rates just to have to deal with uncleanliness and rudeness from the staff. This hotel lists that it is located next to an "upscale mall". DON'T BE FOOLED!! Anyone that is from the area knows that Brookfield Square Mall is a dump!! It's run down, not many stores as most of them have moved out and It's a high crime location. There have been many shootings around this mall over the years as well as vehicle break ins and vandalism. I'm very disappointed in this hotel, especially for it being a Sheraton. It's just an overpriced super 8 for high class trash. I would not recommend to anyone unless your looking for one of those" pay by the hour" places if you know what I mean ;). Unfortunately for me, my trip was non refundable so I will just settle for the bad review that this place deserves.

• Stayed: October 2013

Hi FeelingPretty,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize you were disappointed we did not have a traditional room with a king bed available during your stay. We do our absolute best to accommodate all our guests requests, but we have a limited number of traditional king bedded rooms. When guests book through third parties, such as Hotwire and Priceline, they are not guaranteed bed types. If a guest needs a particular room type, we recommend booking on Sheraton.com where we have the Best Rate Guarantee.

We are the only Brookfield hotel to have both an indoor and outdoor pool. The outdoor pool is seasonal due to our cold, Wisconsin winters.

I’m sorry you did not agree with the description of the Brookfield Square Mall. Brookfield Square Mall has the highest quality of stores and the least amount of crime out of the 4 major malls in southeastern Wisconsin.

I also apologize you were disappointed we do not offer an hourly rate hotel room rate. We only offer full nightly rates.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

Like you had stated, our last guestroom renovation was completed in 2008. We’re currently in the process of a multimillion dollar renovation and hope we’ll get a chance to welcome back in the future

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend, as part of a large convention. This hotel has clearly seen better days. The carpet in our room was stained and filthy looking and the food - both the convention banquets and the restaurant meals - were sub par.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Hi TravelingalDetriot,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize you were disappointed by the carpet in your guestroom and the food in our restaurant. As of November, all of our guestrooms have new carpet. I have passed on your comment about the food to our Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

We’re currently in the process of a multimillion dollar renovation and hope we get the chance to welcome you back, next year.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We spent five nights here last week. Check-in was quick and problem free. That is until something very interesting happened. It developed that the female desk person was a 'trainee' (according to the manager.) While completing the check-in she asked if we were willing to forgo room service for a $5.00 restaurant voucher. We had plans to spend all our time with family and friends and would most likely not be using room service. So, we agreed.

The following day we left around 8:00 am and were gone for the day; returning at 9:00 p.m. What a surprise. No one had entered the room. The beds were unmade and the bath towels were still on the floor. The wastebaskets were not emptied. Th floors had not been vacuumed...etc.

We went to the desk and tried to sort it all out. It seems the 'trainee' had said "room service" when she should have said "maid service" to describe what we had agreed to do without in exchange for the voucher (which we had received.). We immediately withdrew our consent. They sent fresh towels to the room and we made the beds ourselves. Truly a pathetic misunderstanding.

Overall my impressions/observations are as follows: there were no glasses, only paper and plastic cups....there is quite a bit of bothersome remodeling construction underway....the bathroom was very small with a tiny vanity space....there was paint peeling off the bath ceiling....the desk and chest furniture had significant chips from the veneer edges....On the plus side, the location was very good....just off the freeway and adjacent to a shopping center with several restaurants...the bed and bedding were excellent....the staff were very helpful. (We had an issue with a telephone and they had a techie at our door in five minutes. We also had a burned out bulb and it was quickly replaced.)....the wi-fi availability is very good....etc.

We had a late night snack in the restaurant. (cheese soup, minestrone, and Caesar salad.)The food was very so - so.

In summary, our stay was alright. We are going back to Milwaukee in June of 2014 and will not be staying at ths Sheraton.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Hi redsoxbernie,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our helpful team members, comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds and convenient location.

I apologize you were disappointed with the Make a Green Choice explanation at check in. As with any company, it takes a while for our new team members to become fully versed with all the correct verbiage. We have already used your review as a training topic with our team members.

The Make a Green Choice Program is completely optional and a way to help the environment. The less water, energy and other resources we use, the more there is to go around. Reward yourself with a $5 voucher at participating food and beverage outlets or 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® awarded at check out for each night you decline housekeeping services (except day of departure).

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

We’re currently in the process of a multimillion dollar renovation and hope we’ll get a chance to “wow” you with our new hotel in 2014.

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I always heard Sheratons were a luxury hotel. Not in this case. We stayed here for a meeting so we didn't choose the hotel. I always check Tripadvisor and it didn't have a great rating. Here's what's wrong. The desk clerk who checked me in was not welcoming at all. I don't expect arrogance even at the Ritz Carlton. The hotel is undergoing renovations and not paying any attention to their housekeeping or guests. Instead of keeping up with the mess they had obviously decided to just let it go. The hallways were really dirty. When I got into my room there was an empty cup on the floor and I picked up a good handful of litter off the carpet. The room was otherwise clean but shabby with peeling wallpaper. Linens were nice and clean. When I bent over in the bathroom to pick up a towel there was so much gunk behind the toilet it looked like a science experiment. I missed the complimentary breakfast you get with most hotels. I couldn't go swimming because there were ten little boys unsupervised wreaking havoc in the pool.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night because was here on business. This hotel is a good hotel but needs a major face lift to be able to be called a Sheraton. Hotel staff was good. Hotel parking lot is shared with a shopping center so that was a plus when i needed a few stuff. i would rate this hotel at 3 stars

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Hi Avi G,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our friendly team members and convenient location.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

We’re currently in the process of a multimillion dollar renovation and hope you’ll give us a chance to welcome you back to our new hotel in 2014!

The Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West

Been to Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!