“Good hotel but renovation neede”

Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night because was here on business. This hotel is a good hotel but needs a major face lift to be able to be called a Sheraton. Hotel staff was good. Hotel parking lot is shared with a shopping center so that was a plus when i needed a few stuff. i would rate this hotel at 3 stars

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Hi Avi G,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our friendly team members and convenient location.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

We’re currently in the process of a multimillion dollar renovation and hope you’ll give us a chance to welcome you back to our new hotel in 2014!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed there for four nights for a convention. It was our first stay at a Sheraton and we were very pleased with our room. Our beds were very comfortable and the pillows were great too. We slept better at this hotel than we had at any other hotel chain.

They give you three drawers and a closet for your clothes which worked out fine for two guests. You get a shelf on the night table but no drawer. I prefer a drawer but was happy for the shelf. We also had two chairs in the room but no table. When we visited a friend's room, they had a small table.

I loved the mirrors in the bathroom and the shelf in the shower that placed the towels right where you need them. They give you some extras that you don't find at other hotels like a bath puff, cotton balls, and cotton swabs. I didn't like the shampoo and conditioner. You could not get them to lather at all.

The hotel looks a little dated. The carpets especially in the halls need to be changed. They are not dirty but have long time use and you can see old stains and when it rained you definitely noticed odors in some areas. The carpet in our room was fine.

We didn't find the breakfast buffet to be very good. It is about $15 during the week. We went twice and both times found the choices to be limited and the food not that hot in temperature. The appetizers in the evening were a little better but I would only recommend the hotel restaurant if you have limited time and can't get elsewhere. I would recommend going to one of the restaurants in the mall next door. We loved having the mall food court available so we could get access to all kinds of foods at much better prices. There is a coupon book the hotel can give you with some good offers for the mall and other local businesses.

They offer you the option at check-in to participate in a special offer. If you decline the daily housekeeping service, you get a coupon in the morning under your door good for $5 off a meal at the hotel restaurant or you can turn them in at the end of your stay for points. You put up the sign on your door every night and we received our coupon every morning. You can still ask for towels and other items and get the credit.

The hotel seems popular with families. We saw a lot of kids enjoying the indoor pool. Even with a convention and other activities, it was usually very quiet in the halls. We only had one night where we heard some noise later in the evening and it did not last very long or interrupt our sleep.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My sister and her husband got married at a nearby location in August and I had two extreme experiences with customer service, one fantastic and the other one absolutely horrible. First, my sister and I checked into the hotel the night before her wedding, only to find that our room was TINY, a little smelly, dated, and that there was no viable place to keep her wedding dress. The customer service staff were very kind and ended up putting us in the suite she had reserved for the wedding night (at the same price as a regular room) and were quite understanding.

However, the night of the wedding we got back to the hotel around 1:30am and found that my parents (who were asleep) had my sister's ID and the room key. We could not get the staff to let us into the room and my sister and her husband were sitting on the floor in my room while I was running around trying to get things figured out. I offered to have her explain what was in the room, to give them any other information, etc. but they just kept saying she needed to show proof of ID. So my (very understanding) sister sat in her wedding dress on the floor of my room for 40 minutes with her (not as understanding!) new husband. I finally got the ID, but I honestly couldn't believe they would treat the couple this way. It was a very silly example of an employee following the letter of the law rather than using common sense and soured my whole experience with this hotel. I mean, they were booked in the honeymoon suite, he was in a tux and she was in a bridal gown. Plus we had stayed there the night before. The whole thing was ridiculous.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our family and friends booked over 20 rooms for a September Wedding weekend and everyone was treated well by the staff and the rooms and hotel were very clean. The wedding reception staff and Darcy the wedding coordinator are to be commended for an outstanding job. Having a wedding at this facility met all of are needs,the rooms,the beds, the breakfast buffet, and being centrally located. The front desk staff and Kayla were exceptional to work with when assigning the brides and grooms floors. The suites were perfect for the bridal party getting ready prior to the church ceremony and for picture taking. This Sheraton may not be a newer property but they have updated it well and has all the amenities. The outdoor pool area is wonderful, and the indoor pool was being renovated that weekend. A wonderful experience and many of us would recommend this hotel and especially for a wedding reception, it was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Hi Ilive4christ,

Thank you for choosing to host your family’s wedding reception at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel. It was our pleasure to assist with the special day.

I’m glad to see Darcy and Kayla were able to make the big day perfect. It is our aim to create a memorable experience for all our guests, especially our new brides and grooms.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

We’re currently in the process of a multimillion dollar renovation and hope to see you again when you’re back in Milwaukee!

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was there for a meeting, and this hotel definitely did what we needed. The staff was very nice on check-in, my room was perfectly acceptable (nice bed!), and the WiFi was quick and easily accessible. I didn't get a chance to use the pool or the fitness center, but I did see that they were there. The basement, which was where most of the meeting rooms were, was a bit of a rabbit's warren of tunnels, but that was fine. The service in the hotel restaurant wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible, either.

The only thing that I didn't really like was the fact that my room was in what appeared to be an addition to the main part of the hotel, and my room window faced directly across from (and very close to!) the windows of the rooms in the other building of the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at this Sheraton and bought the room on Priceline. It was obvious to us as soon as we checked in that we would not be receiving 1st Class service. We stayed one night as a welcome to the states for Patty.
We were given no assistance to our room and were not even asked if we needed any. When I asked for a rolling cart, the check-in attendant yelled to his fellow employee to look down the hallway for one and he said, "Nope, none there."
We were left on our own to carry our bags to our room. and even as we went the wrong way to our room, and passed right by the attendants who said nothing even though we were headed in the opposite direction of the rooms.
I have always respected Sheraton and choose this hotel for a special evening. Carpets were dirty. Service was worse.

Room Tip: Don't bother with Sheraton. Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi DanPatty,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize you were disappointed we did not have luggage carts available at check in. We do have multiple luggage carts, however on busy check in days, they are often used. If you need assistance with your luggage, just let one of our Guest Service Agents know and we would be happy to have someone assist.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.

We’re currently in the process of a multimillion dollar renovation and hope to see you again once it’s completed!

Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at many Sheratons and this one is ok. The beds were hard, walls paper thin, bathrooms are small. The location is good for the Milwaukee Zoo and Miller Park. There are many places to eat and a mall. Don't know that I would stay again here in Milwaukee. I usually love these hotels. A bit disappointed!

• Stayed: September 2013