“Great Hotel in a wonderful location” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Great Hotel in a wonderful location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

This is a great hotel in a wonderful location. Some of the rooms are in need of a little extra TLC but even with that said the rooms are wonderfully decorated and the beds are comfortable. I will stay here again. The staff is wonderful and the public space is great with places to surf the web in great comfort by a fireplace. The hotel is next to Brookfield Mall in a great location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi kellkat2,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you were able to sleep so well on our comfortable Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds.

I’m also delighted you were able to enjoy our friendly team members and complimentary computers at the Sheraton Link.

We will be starting our next multimillion dollar renovation in October 2013!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we look forward to welcoming you back.

The Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Aledo, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were there for a convention. The front desk staff was friendly, but few other staff were and some were plain rude. The room was clean,comfortable and maid service was decent. Elevators were very, very slow...to the point we thought someone might be holding them. The staffing of the restaurant was nonexistent, at least for breakfast. Although we were seated immediately, we were never given coffee or were visited by a waitress. Finally, after 20+ minutes and seeing others getting seated and waited on, we left. Even walking out past staff that KNEW we hadn't been waited on, nothing was said. After our initial experience with the restaurant, we were gunshy and went out for meals. The food and service at the banquet was OK. Had it not been for the camaraderie after hours at the convention, we would have moved to another establishment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi Ed W,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guestrooms, as well as our friendly Front Desk team members.

I apologize for your breakfast experience in our restaurant. This is definitely not the level of service we strive for and is unacceptable. I have already passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager to follow up with his team.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We hope, in the future, you’ll give us another chance to win you over with our comfortable hotel and friendly team members.

Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

I experienced exceptional customer service on my last trip to Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel. I had accidentally pre-paid for 3 nights instead of two and even though these pre-paid rates are usually not refundable, they were very kind in listening to what I had done and as a one-time goodwill gesture, they refunded my money for the 3rd un-used night. They have a customer for life :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is tired and needs remodelling as does the pricing poliy. I had a room booked for me on the concierge level. The booking was made at rack rate which was about 2x the contracted corporate rate. Before I checked out I asked they adjusted the rate. The front desk claimed no authority and two levels of management then refused to adjust the rate citing full occupancy policy. The concierge rate included light breakfast and early evening snacks both were poor. I eat breakfast in the main restaurant and was charged full price - no concession for already having paid concierge rate including b'fast. They offer a green room $5 a day voucher if you skip room service. I did but this meant bins are not emptied and coffee is not replaced. The voucher has small print limiting its use - avoid! Telephone charges were stunning. All in all my feeling was they tried to use anything they could to take money off two international visitors. On the plus side the server in the restaurant was great as was one of the bar staff. I stayed at the Marriott last month - its close similar price and much nicer all round.

Room Tip: Be very careful on rate. Don't pay extra for concierge level rooms. Don't accept the green...
Green Features: Ill considered. $5 off the room for no room service but so many towels/flannels as a green policy it made no sense. Air con in the public rooms meant you were cold - not sure why but not very green.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi CJMDerbyshire,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize you felt disappointed your corporate rate was unavailable. The rate contracted by your company has non-last room availability. This means, when we are close to selling out, your corporate rate may not be available.

When the reservation was made, a confirmation email was sent, which stated the reservation price that was booked. Our Director of Revenue Management did forward you a copy of the confirmation email which was sent. Because the rate was unavailable at time of booking and a confirmation was sent and received with the quoted rate, we were not able to adjust the rate which was booked.

When a guest books on the Club Floor, they receive access to our Club Lounge. This includes a continental breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the evening, nonalcoholic beverages and snacks throughout the day in the Club Lounge. If a guest decides to eat breakfast in the restaurant, whether it be our breakfast buffet or a la carte items, the guest is responsible for the additional charges.

I apologize you were disappointed in Starwood’s Make a Green Choice program. Conserving water, energy and other resources is rewarding for you and great for the environment. Guests enjoy a $5 voucher at participating food outlets or 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® awarded at checkout for each night they decline housekeeping (except day of departure). If you need garbage to be taken out of our room or additional items such as coffee, please let us know! Our Guest Services Team is happy to deliver any items you may need.

I’m sorry you felt the telephone charges were unfair. There is a pricing list next to the phone, denoting the charges for making local, international and 800 number phone calls. If you have any questions about pricing, please call our Guest Services Team and we would be happy to clarify.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our friendly team members in the restaurant and lounge!

Our last renovation was completed in 2008. We will be starting our next multimillion dollar renovation in October 2013.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our refreshed hotel in 2014.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had the property been maintained regularly it never would have gotten to this state. I do not normally stay in Sheraton properties, and if this is an indication of their properties overall, never will again. The hotel was booked through a local company for our annual meeting. Obviously for the price. The first day I met a colleague for lunch and we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant for convenience. Big mistake. It was filthy, the server didn't get a single item we ordered right and then commented on how much he enjoyed eating the food he had originally brought out to us (which we had refused since it wasn't what we had ordered)!!
The room was filthy too with carpet stains, chipped furniture and blood stained linens (ack!!)
The only positive for this hotel is the free shuttle service to/from the airport and the convenience to the Mall.

Wait until after the renovations to visit!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi songfool,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize you felt disappointed by the service in our restaurant. I have passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager for his review.

I’m sorry there was a spot on your linens. If you see something unsatisfactory in your guestroom, please let us know! We would be happy to change your linens and/or show you another room you may feel more comfortable in.

Our last renovation was completed in 2008. We have regular painting and carpet cleaning schedules to keep our hotel looking as fresh as possible. We will be starting our next multimillion dollar renovation in October 2013.

I’m glad you enjoyed our complimentary airport shuttle. If used roundtrip, this service can save you well over $100! I’m also delighted you liked our convenient location, next to the upscale Brookfield Square Mall.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to our new hotel in 2014.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good location and easy to get to. Right by mall makes it nice and hotel staff was nice and even recommended a great martini bar that was a nice find. Rooms were clean but hallway seemed a bit noisy. We'll stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hi Bricko C.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our friendly team members and clean rooms.

I’m also delighted you found a great martini bar. Our Guest Service Team members are happy to share local gems, when asked.

Thanks for taking the time to share your stay. We will be starting renovation later this year and look forward to welcoming you back!

South Bend, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here one night while passing through the area. The hotel is easy to get to - just off the interstate and is next to a mall area so many shops and restaurants with easy access. I agree that this is an older hotel, but I guess we got one of the updated rooms. We checked in and the front desk clerk was friendly and helpful - parking lot was being worked on but we were told where we could park without difficulty. The hotel is a 2 tower type building, so a bit confusing at first but no big deal. Our room was clean and well appointed - you could tell is was older because of the heating/air conditioning unit, but the furnishings, linens, carpets etc seemed newer. Great bedding and wifi. There was a coffee maker and bottled water. There was a school reunion going on in the banquet area and the hotel seemed fairly full. We had no issues whatsoever and would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area - but we did get it for a very reasonable price on priceline. This would NOT be a $120 per room Starwood property in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi den&holly,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you loved our convenient location – just off I-94 and located next door to the upscale Brookfield Square Mall

I’m delighted you enjoyed your guestroom. Our renovations haven’t started yet…we’re looking to start around October 2013; but am glad you felt comfortable in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We hope to see you again, in 2014, at our brand new hotel!

The Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Crowne Plaza Milwaukee West Hotel

Been to Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel? Share your experiences!