“Wonderful customer service”

Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Minnesota, United States
“Wonderful customer service”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I experienced exceptional customer service on my last trip to Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel. I had accidentally pre-paid for 3 nights instead of two and even though these pre-paid rates are usually not refundable, they were very kind in listening to what I had done and as a one-time goodwill gesture, they refunded my money for the 3rd un-used night. They have a customer for life :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

The hotel is tired and needs remodelling as does the pricing poliy. I had a room booked for me on the concierge level. The booking was made at rack rate which was about 2x the contracted corporate rate. Before I checked out I asked they adjusted the rate. The front desk claimed no authority and two levels of management then refused to adjust the rate citing full occupancy policy. The concierge rate included light breakfast and early evening snacks both were poor. I eat breakfast in the main restaurant and was charged full price - no concession for already having paid concierge rate including b'fast. They offer a green room $5 a day voucher if you skip room service. I did but this meant bins are not emptied and coffee is not replaced. The voucher has small print limiting its use - avoid! Telephone charges were stunning. All in all my feeling was they tried to use anything they could to take money off two international visitors. On the plus side the server in the restaurant was great as was one of the bar staff. I stayed at the Marriott last month - its close similar price and much nicer all round.

Room Tip: Be very careful on rate. Don't pay extra for concierge level rooms. Don't accept the green...
Green Features: Ill considered. $5 off the room for no room service but so many towels/flannels as a green policy it made no sense. Air con in the public rooms meant you were cold - not sure why but not very green.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Hi CJMDerbyshire,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize you felt disappointed your corporate rate was unavailable. The rate contracted by your company has non-last room availability. This means, when we are close to selling out, your corporate rate may not be available.

When the reservation was made, a confirmation email was sent, which stated the reservation price that was booked. Our Director of Revenue Management did forward you a copy of the confirmation email which was sent. Because the rate was unavailable at time of booking and a confirmation was sent and received with the quoted rate, we were not able to adjust the rate which was booked.

When a guest books on the Club Floor, they receive access to our Club Lounge. This includes a continental breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the evening, nonalcoholic beverages and snacks throughout the day in the Club Lounge. If a guest decides to eat breakfast in the restaurant, whether it be our breakfast buffet or a la carte items, the guest is responsible for the additional charges.

I apologize you were disappointed in Starwood’s Make a Green Choice program. Conserving water, energy and other resources is rewarding for you and great for the environment. Guests enjoy a $5 voucher at participating food outlets or 500 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® awarded at checkout for each night they decline housekeeping (except day of departure). If you need garbage to be taken out of our room or additional items such as coffee, please let us know! Our Guest Services Team is happy to deliver any items you may need.

I’m sorry you felt the telephone charges were unfair. There is a pricing list next to the phone, denoting the charges for making local, international and 800 number phone calls. If you have any questions about pricing, please call our Guest Services Team and we would be happy to clarify.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our friendly team members in the restaurant and lounge!

Our last renovation was completed in 2008. We will be starting our next multimillion dollar renovation in October 2013.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to welcome you back to our refreshed hotel in 2014.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had the property been maintained regularly it never would have gotten to this state. I do not normally stay in Sheraton properties, and if this is an indication of their properties overall, never will again. The hotel was booked through a local company for our annual meeting. Obviously for the price. The first day I met a colleague for lunch and we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant for convenience. Big mistake. It was filthy, the server didn't get a single item we ordered right and then commented on how much he enjoyed eating the food he had originally brought out to us (which we had refused since it wasn't what we had ordered)!!
The room was filthy too with carpet stains, chipped furniture and blood stained linens (ack!!)
The only positive for this hotel is the free shuttle service to/from the airport and the convenience to the Mall.

Wait until after the renovations to visit!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi songfool,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize you felt disappointed by the service in our restaurant. I have passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager for his review.

I’m sorry there was a spot on your linens. If you see something unsatisfactory in your guestroom, please let us know! We would be happy to change your linens and/or show you another room you may feel more comfortable in.

Our last renovation was completed in 2008. We have regular painting and carpet cleaning schedules to keep our hotel looking as fresh as possible. We will be starting our next multimillion dollar renovation in October 2013.

I’m glad you enjoyed our complimentary airport shuttle. If used roundtrip, this service can save you well over $100! I’m also delighted you liked our convenient location, next to the upscale Brookfield Square Mall.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to our new hotel in 2014.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Good location and easy to get to. Right by mall makes it nice and hotel staff was nice and even recommended a great martini bar that was a nice find. Rooms were clean but hallway seemed a bit noisy. We'll stay again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hi Bricko C.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our friendly team members and clean rooms.

I’m also delighted you found a great martini bar. Our Guest Service Team members are happy to share local gems, when asked.

Thanks for taking the time to share your stay. We will be starting renovation later this year and look forward to welcoming you back!

South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here one night while passing through the area. The hotel is easy to get to - just off the interstate and is next to a mall area so many shops and restaurants with easy access. I agree that this is an older hotel, but I guess we got one of the updated rooms. We checked in and the front desk clerk was friendly and helpful - parking lot was being worked on but we were told where we could park without difficulty. The hotel is a 2 tower type building, so a bit confusing at first but no big deal. Our room was clean and well appointed - you could tell is was older because of the heating/air conditioning unit, but the furnishings, linens, carpets etc seemed newer. Great bedding and wifi. There was a coffee maker and bottled water. There was a school reunion going on in the banquet area and the hotel seemed fairly full. We had no issues whatsoever and would not hesitate to stay here again if in the area - but we did get it for a very reasonable price on priceline. This would NOT be a $120 per room Starwood property in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Hi den&holly,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad to see you loved our convenient location – just off I-94 and located next door to the upscale Brookfield Square Mall

I’m delighted you enjoyed your guestroom. Our renovations haven’t started yet…we’re looking to start around October 2013; but am glad you felt comfortable in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We hope to see you again, in 2014, at our brand new hotel!

Michigan
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After I checked out at the front desk, they added charges for things labeled complmentary. Several friends also staying the same weekend had various charges added to their bill the front desk could not explain. Restaurant was not prepared for our group and several waited over an hour after order was given to get their food. We discovered repairs needed in our room and they were taken care of after the third request.

Hi jbpahl

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize for the bill confusion. If there is a charge you believe to be false, please call our hotel at 262.364.1100 and ask for our Accounting Department. We would be happy to research these charges on your behalf.

The only chargeable item in a guest room is bottled water. We do include one complimentary bottle of water with your stay. This will have a tag on it, denoting the bottle is free. There is a larger bottle of water, behind the complimentary one. The larger bottle does have a charge associated with it and the tag explains the charge. I apologize if you were disappointed both bottles of water were not free.

I’m sorry our Engineering Team was not able to assist with your room issue first time requested. I will be following up with our Chief Engineer regarding this.

I apologize you were disappointed by the service in our restaurant. I have already passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage Manager, for his review.

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay. We hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to our refreshed hotel in 2014.

Willow Street
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It was bad enough that the entire outside was torn up and no one bothered to mention that when I booked. As I wanted a large room , I booked a" King Suite" on the club floor. The room was small, the bed nearly filling it, the bathroom tiny with peeling paint in the shower. The carpet was soiled.
What was really disgusting was that when I went to my room at about 11:00 Am, there were filthy dishes outside my door from the previous occupant, they remained there until I took a picture at 400PM and demanded that the hotel manager have them removed.
When I checked out, I was asked "how was your stay", I replied "disappointing" . The clerk handed me my receipt and said "have a good day"

Hi Lawrence204

Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize for the parking lot construction. We are completely re-blacktopping our entire parking lot, in sections, and are creating more handicap accessible parking spots for our guests.

I’m sorry you were disappointed with your Club Room. Our last renovation was completed in 2008 and we have regular schedules to clean carpets and paint in guestrooms to keep things looking as fresh as possible. We will be starting our new multimillion dollar renovation in October 2013!

If you are looking for a larger room, we do have eight suites available. These are two room suites with either one king bed or two double beds in the sleeping room. Our suites also have a separate sitting room with a door which closes between the two rooms. Our suites include access to the Club Lounge.

I apologize you were disappointed by dishes in the hallway. I have passed on your comments to our Food and Beverage Manager for his review.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. When next in Milwaukee, we hope to get the chance to welcome you back to our new hotel, in 2014.