“Can't complain”

Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Nothing major to complain, good hotel with the appropriate amenities. Excellent location. Breakfast is decent. Gym is kinda simple though. Will certainly stay there again next time I'm in town for business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have been traveling to Milwaukee alot,We really liked it here. It was very upscale for our price. We had 2 double beds. Room was very clean. My husband and step son got stuck in the elevator complained to staff and they said they would check into it. We took the stairs after that. No free breakfast but that is ok. They have a nice restaurant in the front with a bar perfect for couples. I really liked this place it was nice and I feel like the price I paid well worth it. I did not touch the waters or coffees in my room because I thought it was a extra charge. I hope my review is helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Hi mdzn5440,

Thanks for choosing to consistently stay at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m happy to see you so thoroughly enjoy our hotel. While we don’t have complimentary breakfast, we do have multiple breakfast options: a breakfast buffet in our restaurant, ala carte items in our restaurant, room service, and a gourmet coffee shop inside of the gift shop. We also have packages available on Sheraton.com which include breakfast in the room rate.

If you upgrade to our Sheraton Club Floor, continental breakfast, appetizers, non-alcoholic drinks, all day snacks and upgraded room amenities await you to enjoy.

I apologize your husband and stepson were stuck in an elevator for a few minutes. We do take these comments very seriously and have already had our elevator company out to check the mechanics of the elevator.

The Starbucks coffee in the room is complimentary and is replenished daily with housekeeping service. One complimentary bottle of water is included per room. The complimentary bottle of water will have on a tag explaining it is free.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I've been staying here Monday-Thursday every week since March 1, and it's been just what I need. Jake and the entire front desk team do a great job ensuring everything is ready to go each week. I've had the same room for the past two months; they let me leave an overnight bag each week so I don't have to travel with as much, and they help me reserve conference rooms when my team needs to meet. Perfect for the regular business traveler

Room Tip: Book early in the summer as Milwaukee fills up fast
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Upon check-in, as a single traveler, I was told that I was being placed in a room with two double beds. I asked for a king and was told I could upgrade to a club floor room for $30/more per night to get a king, which I declined.

I later convened with others in my travel party and found out that when 3 girls checked in, they were told that only a king was available and it would be $30/night to get upgraded to a club floor room with 2 beds. This was about 45 minutes prior to my check-in. At the hot tub, we met a gentleman who stayed there before and, as a solo traveler, was not surprisingly told an hour earlier that he would need to pay a $20 upgrade fee to get a room with 1 bed on the club floor. He actually paid it and it turns out you aren't actually on the club floor in some of those instances, you are just given access to the club lounge.

I had a tennis match which ran over and I rushed back to the hotel because it was after check-out. I am an SPG member so I was hoping that it would be OK. Nope, I got a $50 charge. When I disputed it with the front desk (Nate), I was told that the hotel was "completely sold out". Interestingly, I went back to my room and went to sheraton.com and they showed about 9 different room types as available for sale that evening, so no they weren't completely sold out. My teammate actually called after me and booked a room for that evening.

When I was waiting at the front desk, some people were there for a meeting with the event planning staff. Linday was 25 minutes late to meet with them and when they told her they were leaving, she blamed them for the front desk staff not telling her they were there. All in all, it seems as if there is a pretty pervasive culture of dishonesty, revenue upsales without regards to the truth and a lack of acceptance of responsibility for any mistakes.

Also on the downside were several other minor issues: they key would not work to the back door by my room and I went back twice to have it rekeyed without success, I called the front desk for a wake-up call and had to call 3 times before someone answered, I had to call maintenance to get the TV to work, the sliding glass door in my room didn't work, the hot tub was tepid at best (the pool was actually warmer), they cut out some of the PC's in the Link@Sheraton from my last stay, there were only 4 and they were always in use.

On the upside, the bed was comfortable, as was the room and I appreciated the free small bottle of water and the channel selection was reasonable. The location is great.

I've stayed at this hotel at least 10 times in the past 10 years, this will be my last.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, hope that the front desk guesses wrong as to which type of room you want be...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank montognese
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Hi montognese,

Thank you for staying at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I apologize you were disappointed the preferred room type you requested was unavailable at check-in. When you book through a third party, such as Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, etc, room types are not guaranteed. If you would like to book a particular bed type, we do suggest booking on Sheraton.com, where we offer a Best Rate Guarantee.

If we have your desired traditional room type available at check-in, we would be more than happy to change your reservation to accommodate your preference. We do offer our guests a chance to upgrade at check in, if it is available. This is an option if you are looking for a different bed type than what we have available in our traditional rooms. Our room types do fluctuate throughout the day due to people cancelling reservations, upgrading at check-in, making new reservations, checking out early, extending their reservation, etc. We have two floors of Club rooms; they are located on the 3rd and 4th floors in our Milwaukee wing. Our Club Lounge is located on the 4th floor, but all club rooms have the exact same layouts and amenities.

As with room types, our room inventory does change throughout the day. We can start the day sold out, but may have some cancellations or early check outs which may open some rooms to be booked.

Late check outs are based upon availability. Because of our housekeeping needs, schedules, and our 3pm check in time, there may be a fee when granted a late check out. The Front Desk will notify you if there is an additional when requesting a late check out. Instead of a late check out, if you would like us to store your items, we do have a locked facility behind the Front Desk where we are more than happy to hold your luggage until you return.

I apologize you witnessed a guest waiting to meet with our Social Catering Manager, Lindsay. I have passed on your comments to her and our Front Office Manager for review.

I’m sorry your key didn’t work in the back door of our hotel and your tv wasn’t working; but I’m glad our Engineering team was able to take care of these issues for you. For the safety of our guests, the only balcony doors which open are on our first floor, facing our courtyard. If you would like one of these rooms, please contact the Front Desk and we will do our absolute best to accommodate your request.

I apologize you felt the hot tub was not warm enough. I have passed on your comments to our Chief Engineer for his review.

We have 4 complimentary computers for guest use at the SheratonLink by Microsoft. These are available on a first come, first serve basis and offer complimentary printing for your convenience.

I’m glad to see you enjoyed our comfortable, fluffy Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds. Nothing is better than crawling into our beds after a long day. I’m also delighted to hear you were able to relax with a complimentary bottle of water and our large tv channel selection.

Thank you for providing us with your honest feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights while attending a Wedding in the area. Close enough to I-94 for easy access. Large property, with rooms spread out in wings many directions. We normally stay in hotels that offer a complimentary breakfast, and this did not. We did, however, enjoy their on-site dining room for breakfast, and found the buffet to be very good, with hot and cold selections, multiple juices, fruit, pastries, etc. They did offer a few dollars off of their buffet price as a 'weekend discount'. They did have a menu that you could choose to order from, if the buffet did not suit your needs. We did see a more formal restaurant on site, but did not have opportunity to check that out. Enjoyed the indoor pool, and there is an outdoor pool available to use as well. It is just outside the indoor pool/hot-tub area, and people walked freely from one to the other. Noted tables and chairs outside as well, and saw people enjoying them. Hot tub was hot, as it should be. This hotel has room service, and that could be ordered from the pool area as well.
Two negative comments. Carpet in room was noticeably dirty. Needed to be cleaned or replaced. We had a king room with a sofa sleeper for our daughter. Upon opening the sofa bed, noted sheets to be quite 'wrinkly' appearing. Initially blew this off, thinking that perhaps they got that way with the bed folded up. But, THEN, I looked closer, and found several "crumbs" in the sheets, in two different areas. Ew. Dirty, already used sheets. I stripped the bed, and called for new bedding. Took them quite a while to deliver it (many hours-we left the hotel, and when we came back, it had not been delivered-had to call a second time).

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room. Has 'sliding glass doors', but ours was fixed in place, so there...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank janiejake
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Overall I felt the cleanliness of this Hotel to be lacking. Some thing I would expect when staying at maybe a Super 6. The carpets in the hallways I was in seemed dirty & soiled, I wore flip flops the entire time around my room! The elevators had no air circulation & given the 93 degree weather could of used it. Also, when walking by staff not even a slight effort was made to greet guests even when I greeted them with a good morning etc... Upon checkout I was not even asked how my stay or accomodations were, I guess they already know the answer, LOL. I would suggest staying somewhere else! If the staff doesn't care to ask about your stay that says a lot about the Company.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Overall this was a nice hotel. The bed was comfortable, and I like that the room had a refrigerator and complimentary bottled water. But I could not get over how small the bathroom was and I was just glad that my wife wasn't there with me because that would've been very difficult to stay in that room with such a small bathroom. Otherwise the location was good and it was a nice day.

• Stayed: August 2012
SheratonMKE, Manager at Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Hi tsgc2008,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel.

I’m glad you enjoyed our comfortable Sweet Sleeper Beds and complimentary bottled water. We know it’s the little things that count after a long day.

I apologize you were disappointed by the size of our bathroom but am glad to see you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us and we hope to see you again soon.