“Disappointingly Bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Manna

Cafe Manna
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Manna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 164 Restaurants in Brookfield
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Capital Drive
Description: FRESH YUMMY FOOD is served in this mostly organic, 100 percent vegetarian restaurant. Wisconsin's only restaurant certified by the Green Restaurant Association, Cafe Manna's menu choices include tasty appetizers, totally fabulous salads, heart-warming soups, exotic sandwich creations, yummy entrees and delectable deserts. The presentation is as pleasing to the eye as the flavors are to the palate. Drinks include potassium broth, green juice made-to-order, green limonade, teas and coffees, Penta water, and organic wines and beers. Enjoy dining in the warm, natural, eco-friendly dining room or on the outdoor patios (weather permitting). All items available for carry out. Located in the Sendik's Towne Centre. Monday through Saturday: 11:00 AM - 9:00 PMClosed Sunday
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Disappointingly Bland”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a vegan/vegetarian restaurant. For my tastes the food was just too bland to be enjoyable. However, based on prior reviews, others find this fare right up their alley. To each his/her own. A couple of small points, I do think wine should be served in wine glasses, and water served with ice and without scents. Having condiments present at the table would be helpful to those of us who need a jolt to their tastebuds during a meal.

• Visited May 2013

• Turkish first
Minnesota
“vegetarian delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went here for a late lunch. The server explained that the restaurant was ecologically sustainable as well as vegetarian, and local whenever possible. This alone made me very happy. However, the food was also good! We had a vegetable pizza, the broccoli and cheese soup and a piece of carrot cake. The pizza was thick and filling and had almost a sort of smokey taste. The cake was fresh, sweet, delicious and quite large. However my favorite was the soup. It was creamy, fresh and flavorful. They also offered a free appetizer of pita chips along with a hummus mixed with coconut and cashews which I would happily purchase if they offered it for sale in a jar to take home! The staff was pleasant and very knowledgeable. The decor was simple and clean with bamboo floors and fresh food pics on the walls. We both enjoyed it quite a bit.

• Visited April 2013
Milwaukee, WI
“Glad I finally tried this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I met a friend for dinner last night. The place was pretty empty at first, but then filled up a bit later. Our waitress was pretty attentive, although there were lags in between. We really didn't mind because my friend and I hadn't seen each other in a while, so we were catching up. They have a pretty good gluten free selection. I'm super picky, and was able to find something. It was actually quite good (the corn cakes with vegetable ragout), and was unable to finish the dish. Leftovers for lunch! My friend had the risotto that was inside squash. It was good. It would have been delicious if the rice was cooked longer. It was a little too al dente for me, but my friend seemed to like it. It was a little pricey, but I would definitely come back.

• Visited April 2013
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Who Says Healthful Can't be Delicious?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My friend Barb and I recently ate at Cafe Manna in Brookfield, Wisconsin. She had been there before, but it was a first for me. This restaurant is in the Sendik's Towne Square shopping area.

Barb chose the exotic salad with greens, avocado, mango, jicama, quinoa, and other vegetables, served with a mango-lime viniagrette. She said it was tasty, and was so large that she took some of it home. I had the black bean and mushroom burger, and added sliced avocado to the order. The sandwich was just delicious. The burger came with a side of baked sweet potato wedges that I ate very slowly to make the last--they were that good.

We both enjoyed a small glass of limonade, which contained lime juice, kale, swiss chard, pear, agave nectar, and purified water. It was the first time I had had a drink like this. It would have won an ugly contest, but its taste was sublime!

For dessert, we shared the chef's small bite, which was a taste treat of chocolate gnache mixed avocado in a chocolate shell. It was dense and rich and the size of a golf ball, and was a perfect way to end the meal.

Visitors need to know in advance that it takes a while for the food to be prepared, so plan your time accordingly. Also, I thought the prices were a bit high for lunch. Since moving to Brookfield about five months ago, I have learned that there is the understanding that dining is more expensive here. I have found that expectation to be true. However, I will definitely return to Cafe Manna; in fact, I am eager to do so, and very soon!

• Visited December 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“Holy Wow!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Amazing, affordable vegetarian food. Even my non-vegetarian family and friends loved it. Very fresh. VERY tasty. Very friendly.

You can get a good meal for between $9-12, or a fancier dish for between $13-20. Not cheap, but right price for the value.

The squash/sweet potato phyllo dough rolls with cranberry chutney were amazing. The polenta corn cakes and mushrooms were also very good.

• Visited October 2012