“Great food and good service”

North Star American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
North Star American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 165 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brookfield Rd.
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Great food and good service”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

We were initially told it would be at least an hour wait for a table. Then the kind hostess asked if we wouldn’t mind sitting at a “high table” in the bar area. We agreed and were sat immediately. A very nice drink selection for both wines and beer was waiting on our table. Our drink orders were placed quickly and the drinks arrived soon after. Minor mix-up with the assignment of wines but all was good. We ordered the Charcuterie platter (mix of meat products with some cheese and relish sides). The pate’ was especially delicious, as was the pickled onions but the prosciutto was rather bland. Since my wife doesn’t like meatloaf, I usually order it when I’m out. I have no regrets about ordering it here. It was very flavorful and wrapped in bacon lying on a pile of mashed potatoes. Mmmm. It was also accompanied by roasted brussel sprouts which my wife ate since I’m not a big veggie fan. She said they were marvelous. The other entrees ordered by my wife and our 2 friends (who recommended this restaurant) were also wonderfully presented and delicious. We will probably be back.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank MKEMike

Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Inviting & Friendly”
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We showed up with friends at 6:30 on a Saturday evening and were fortunate enough to be seated immediately at a 4 top in the bar. The menu has some really interesting choices: our group's entrees ranged from meatloaf and steak to char and whitefish. We had an excellent charcuterie to start the meal. Service was very good and we weren't rushed. The décor features lots of wood and white tablecloths. Our server was friendly and efficient. Overall, a very nice meal at a place a little more upscale (and pricey) than most of its culinary neighbors.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Joe C
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Excellent, local restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My sister, niece and I celebrated our mother's 90th birthday at this excellent, local bistro last Friday. The decor was clean and fresh, our server, Drew, was attentive, witty and knowledgeable, and all of our meals were wonderful! I will surely return on my next visit back to Milwaukee.

Visited October 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“great locally owned bistro”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always try to frequent the locally owned places when possible. NSAB has a very eclectic menu, reasonably priced, very well plated and served in a timely manner. Friendly bar scene too. Thursday happy hours are phenomenal.

Visited April 2013
“Consistent Goodness”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is a restaurant that I used to dine at more frequently when I worked near by. This was my first trip back in over 2 years and it was still as good as I remember it. The service is always impeccable and today was no different. The food selection ranges from soup and salad to entrees. All the meals I have ever had has been top notch. I highly recommend it for a business lunch or going out with friends.

• Visited September 2013