“Good Food, Take-Out Staple”

North Star American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
North Star American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 165 Restaurants in Brookfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Brookfield Rd.
Milwaukee, WI
“Good Food, Take-Out Staple”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I get take-out for the family every couple of weeks. It gets busy during weekday lunch, but weekday dinner is never packed. Take-out is always smooth and quick. The food is good, and the menu has a nice variety. It's pretty hard to go wrong with any of the pizza, sandwiches, and salads. We've had a number of different dinner entrees, but nothing really stuck out as being amazing or bad. Everything seems to just be very good.I really like the goat cheese and spinach with chicken breast salad. The duck confit pizza and short rib panini are both really good. Service has always been very good when we've eaten inside. It's usually oddly empty. My kids like the pizza and chicken strips a lot. The chicken strips are the best of any restaurant we've gone to. I usually finish the kid's plates. We've done brunch here a few times and it's very good. I will keep coming back.

• Visited October 2012

“Food was tasteless. Service was a joke!”
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The title says it all. Hillbilly waitress with no class! Very poor, tasteless food. Dined with 2 other friends. We all felt the same way.

Wauwatosa, WI
“Gluten free so-so”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have eaten here three times. They have improved on the gluten free front by now offering 4 GF menu items, plus one of the soups was accidentally gluten free. The meals I have had have been very good. However, they could broaden their appeal by finding a gluten free bread for their sandwiches and offering a gluten free pizza option. Also, they offer diners three choices of bread but there is not one gluten free option.

• Visited November 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Good food, good service... VERY tired menu!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've eaten at this restaurant too many times to count. It's on our way home from work, so we usually go on week days. The service has been very good, probably because it's never very busy at the time we go. The food is also predictably good, and the prices are reasonable. However, we just can't understand why the owner/manager doesn't put a little effort and creativity into a fresh, new, seasonal menu... in a timely manner! We were there in early October, and they're still operating from the same tired, old summer menu. Come on guys! Kick it up a notch and freshen up your menu! And please show your face and ask us what we like and don't like once in awhile. We don't even know who you are! We think you'll continue to go down the tubes fast if you can't even come close to meeting (let alone exceeding) your base customers' expectations.

• Visited October 2012
New York City, New York
“HORRIBLE customer service!! Avoid this place like the plague!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Food is mediocre.  Service was absolutely horrendous!  First and last time at this crappy restaurant.  Ruined our family Sunday brunch.  The place wasn't even busy, but hostess and waitress acted like they had better things to do.  Is it your policy to ignore your patrons?  Waitress failed to fill up our coffee or waters.  Had to ask the waitess for cream and sugar.  Hmm... Isn't it pretty standard to offer that if you order coffee?  Hostess came around to the one other occupied table and offered bread with brunch, but failed to offer my family and I.  Intentional?  I think so.  There were only two tables.  How do you overlook one?!  Seriously?  If I could put zero stars, I would, but I have to put one!  Please, take your business elsewhere!!

1 Thank bandtennis247