DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Orbitz.com
$75
Hotwire.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdouble treecookiesbreakfast buffetomeletnice hotelupon checkbusiness tripenjoyed my stayrestaurants and shoppingbluemound roadpool areahot tubno issuesnice staystaff was friendlynice areawould stay here again
Reviewed August 5, 2005

We stayed here when we were visiting Ten Chimneys in Genessee Depot, and it was an ideal location for that (about 30 minutes drive.) I don't think it would be the best location if you're actually doing downtown Milwaukee though...at least not until they have all the highway construction completed in a few years.

I booked this hotel directly through the Wyndham website...their rates were better than those offered elsewhere. I'd originally booked the AARP rate of $111 because I like to have the option of cancelling without penalty, and their Web Rate of $95 was pay-in-advance. But even at that, it was cheaper than places which aren't as nice...I think it caters mostly to business travelers, so weekends are a bargain. However, the day before our trip I called and asked if I could change to the Web Rate, and was told "no problem."

I joined their ByRequest program as others had suggested. Too Cool! When I checked in I got a goodie bag with snacks and beverages. Plus I called my mom long distance and yakked for 20 minutes at no cost. Also, I received a coupon for a free breakfast as an online booking bonus...I was expecting this to be the usual muffin and coffee, but it was a lovely breakfast buffet with made-to-order omelets, etc. A $10 value.

My only gripe is that I'd had noted in my preferences that I wanted to be away from the elevator...we had the room right next to it. I also forgot to ask for a free upgrade to the best available room when we checked in, so our room faced the highway. They have a lovely courtyard, and next time I'll specifically request a room facing it.

Other than that, it was really a great place to stay, especially for the price during the peak summer time.

• Stayed: July 2005
Reviewed May 8, 2005

My wife and I just returned from a two night stay. I'm a By Request member. No problems with my reservation. I even got my fruit plate and beverage delivered to my room within 30 minutes after my arrival! I had a burned out lightbulb in a lamp. The bulb was changed in about 15 minutes. The pool/spa was a bit on the small side. A great location right on Bluemound Road. About 1 1/2 miles off of I-94. There's plenty of dining options in the neighborhood. Overall, a good stay. A good alternative to downtown Milwaukee.

• Stayed: May 2005
1  Thank Dave148
Madison, WI
Reviewed June 17, 2004

I booked this room for one night (6/16/04) through Hotwire and my recent Wyndham experiences suggest that their employees regularly treat Hotwire (Priceline) customers like second class citizens.

Because there were feather pillows on our bed and my wife is severely allergic to feathers, we called the front desk and requested foam pillows. Without explanation, two old folded blankets stuffed into pillow cases were delivered to our room. My wife elected to use no pillow whatsoever.

Despite a "Do Not Disturb" sign hanging prominently from the doorknob of our room the next morning, housekeeping knocked on our door until we responded.

When I expressed my disappointment to the By Request manager at the front desk, she told me that they had run out of foam pillows (which is hard to believe since the hotel was maybe 50% occupied). She also told me that she was sorry for our trouble but that she couldn't do anything for a customer who had prepaid for the room.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Henderson, NV
Reviewed May 12, 2004

Nice Hotel. Good Value. There was a lot of remodel noise during my 2 week stay. I signed up for the Wyndham Reward program, but because I booked through Priceline, the manager advised that I was not eledgible for the ammenities. They didn't even give my room a free paper. If they are going to take Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia type reservations, they should be given the same type of treatment. The manager seemed less than helpful in addressing this area even though I put up with the construction noise w/o complaint for 10 days. Still good value overall.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thousand oaks, CA
Reviewed May 10, 2004

Stayed here for 4 nights on May 6th. Newly upgraded room was perfect. Hotel is surrounded by great restaurents and is close to everything. Rates were cheaper than inferior hotels in the same area. Join Wyndam by Request, it's free and gets you lots of perks including upgrades, welcome wine and cheese and ALL phone calls are free.