“Excellent Kitchen Staff & Services - only a few suggestions”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent Kitchen Staff & Services - only a few suggestions”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The hotel was a great price in an excellent location. Upon arriving near the hotel, the only odd thing is that there was no prominent sign for the hotel and without a lot of guests last weekend, the outside of the hotel was quite dark and almost hard to find. As soon as we stepped out of our car, we could smell cookies! I had no idea the front desk man would be handing us two warm and fresh cookies upon arriving. That was a first - and very nice. Only complaint - I was shocked that internet use would be $10 per day! That was a big disappointment as I have stayed in many Hiltons and that was always included at no extra cost.

Onto the positive. The hotel was nice and pool was very nice and warm - first hotel I've been to with a warm enough pool for me to swim in it! That I loved. Gym was also really nice. The hotel overall was great.

I ordered room service and didn't like what I got to be honest...and don't like to complain but I did give them a call at the restaurant. They were EXTREMELY kind, accommodating and went way over the top to get us something else. They were friendlier and more helpful than anyone I've ever dealt with at any hotel I've been to - really impressed and amazed me. I just wish I would have gotten the lady's name who personally brought us our food after I didn't like what we got originally. I got another call from the first lady who brought us the meal I didn't care for - and she even called to check on us and offer something else complimentary. We ended up getting just way more than we asked for in service and kindness from the staff - thank you! Best customer service award should be given to those ladies!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Columbus, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great place to stay and relax, good for business as well as more intimate occasions. Staff very friendly and accommodating as well as efficient. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes a good nights sleep in a confortable quiet environment.

Vince Klus

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator are quieter and less traffic, court yard view was excellent!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised to find the hotel had been updated since my last stay with new carpet, bedding, window treatments. When you check in, they give you a warm chocolate cookie and there was 2 FREE bottles of water in my room. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. My only complaint is the heating system, but it does look like they are about to update that, so probably not an issue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Hotel is in need of deep cleaning & some care and attention by staff and execs. Water conditioner is not functioning correctly as water is too soft - slime feeling and can't get shampoo, rinse or soap off body. This is not a horrible stay but there are better options close by (Hampton Inn & Marriott).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steeldevil
AmyGrunwald, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
It was a pleasure speaking with you, I truly appreciate your feedback and have shared the information with the necessary individuals. I sincerely do apologize for falling short of your expectations and look forward to you returning and witnessing first hand, the changes that have been made. Thank you again for taking the time to speak with me...see you soon!
Platteville, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Arrived to check in late (after 10pm) and still we were greeted right away with friendly staff and warm cookies. They also gave us a better rate than the one we had found online. A bit later my husband and daughter went looking for a snack and found not much in the vending machine. A manager saw them in the hall and after talking to them went to the kitchen and brought my daughter fruit for her snack. Truly going above and beyond. Room was clean and well furnished, breakfast buffet as good, and all staff we encountered were super friendly. Definitely will stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay while visiting Milwaukee...we truly want our guests to feel as though they are at their home away from home. Thank you again, we look forward to your return in the future.
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Website says.

Airport close to hotel. 22 miles away
Hotel provides shuttle. Shuttle out of service
Cab ride costs $30. Cab cost $70 with tip.

No internet in the rooms.

I did get a hot freaking cookie though....thanks.

Room Tip: Stay away from here.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank riddel0000
Thank you for taking the time to speak with me regarding the challenges you encountered during you latest visit to Milwaukee. I truly apologize for the any inconveniences we caused you and have made the appropriate changes to ensure that this will not occur again in the future. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding the hotel, outside of the transportation issue...and am grateful that you would return should business ever bring you back to the Milwaukee area.
Thank you again!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The pool was small (it's a lap/exercise pool) and the breakfast staff was only OK, but other than that this hotel was about perfect. Excellent value! To improve they could get fridges and microwaves in the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the kind review. Our goal is to make everyone feel as though this is their home away from home. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the area.
Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield? Share your experiences!