“Expected better!”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Brookfield
Minneapolis, MN
“Expected better!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I've had better experiences with other Doubletree hotels. Two of the hanging towels in my room were dirty when I arrived. Carpet is in the process of being replaced so the odor in the hallways is very strong, but it did not permeate into my room. The room had a fridge and coffee pot. Very quiet.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
AmyGrunwald, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your most recent stay at the property, as I truly appreciate your comments. Although we are extremely excited about the new carpet going in, I do apologize for the odor that transpired as a result. I am pleased to report that we are done with the new carpet and going foward should any replacement be done, we will ensure that we are not affecting the guests during this transition. Your feedback has also been shared with the appropriate managers and their staff to also make sure that we are providing the services that you expect from our hotel. Should you have any further questions or comments please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly. Thank you again!
Amy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I usually am forgiving but I expect a clean room. The carpet in the elevators was dirty, carpet in the room was dirty/stained. Long black hair on one of the beds in the room - thank goodness I only had to sleep in one of the beds. The shower was surprisingly clean though - go figure... The A/C control on the wall didn't work - no power to it. I had to use the wall unit and adjust the temperature on it. No big deal but why the controller on the wall if it serves no purpose? This hotel just needs updated and some serious money infused into it or forget it. I might try it again, but only if I read that it's been over-hauled. In fairness, I should comment that the staff seemed very nice and accomodating - no issues at all with them.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
AmyGrunwald, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests - including areas where we haven’t met our guests’ expectations. I apologize for the challenges you encountered throughout the hotel during your stay and can assure you that it isn't typical of our hotel. I am very pleased to report that we are currently going through a refresh of all our guest rooms, corridors, public space and elevators, which will definitely address some of the areas of concern. Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience and do hope that the next time you travel to the area you will consider staying with us.
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Arrived to a curt reception. General area was tidy. Elevator and hallway to rooms were quite dirty, example, white gravelly substance had been spilled all over the elevator and it was barely cleaned during my 3 night stay. The room was also poorly cleaned, carpeting was awful. This was my second time staying at this hotel and it is definitely my last, just not worth the amount of money spent. As a hilton honors member, i expected a better hospitality experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
AmyGrunwald, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your feedback and very sorry that we fell short of your expectations of service. We are currently in the process of updating both the corridor, guest room and elevator carpeting, as well as the window treatments in all the rooms as well. I do hope that you will consider us again in the future as I can assure you that you will not have the same experience.
Forestville, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2012

we stayed here for a weekend getaway. very easy access to miller park and downtown via bluemound street instead of getting on the freeway! the pool and hot tub were great, only thing is we had a hat stolen from the pool area... we will definitly come back to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
AmyGrunwald, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and the area. I do feel we are in a fantastic location, close to shopping, dining and visiting the City of Milwaukee itself. We look forward to your next visit and your feedback as we are 1/2 way through a refresh of the rooms and corridors. Thank you again!
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the DoubleTree in Brookfield last Friday before the Brewers inaugural half marathon on Saturday morning. This was one of the host hotels and the rate was good. Further from Miller Park, but convenient enough.

The lobby was very small and crowded when we checked in, as there was a busload of high school students checking in at the same time. Front desk staff were okay, not super friendly. We were in a good-sized third floor room, beds (doubles) were comfortable, bathroom was small but with lots of counter space. With the high school students, plus half marathoners, plus what appeared to be a hockey tournament, we weren't sure what to expect. However, we were pleasantly surprised that it was very quiet and we got a good night's rest before the half. Requested late checkout and the request was honored.

If rates are competitive with other hotels in the Brookfield area, I would choose the DoubleTree again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for the feedback regarding the hotel. We will continue to share your feedback with ownership as well as the brand. Congratulations on your participation in the marathon...it was definitely a success. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Gurnee, Illinois
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family stayed at the DoubleTree in Brookfield, Wi on a Friday night before the Miller Inaugrual Half Marathon that my wife was going to run. The staff was friendly and helpful when we asked for a local place to grab dinner at 8 pm at night that wouldn't take too long (kids were hungry). They recommended the nearby Chili's and we enjoyed our dinner there. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FamilyGuy60031
Thank you very much for your review of the property, it sounded like we were definitely a match for you and your family. It sounds as though the marathon was also a hit and enjoyed by all! Please visit us again the next time you are in town and see our new updates as we refresh the hotel. Thanks again!
Valparaiso, Indiana
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This hotel is a little older and is going through a renovation. I have stayed at this hotel more than once and the renovations are welcome. The staff was excellent, very friendly and flexible. I will stay here again in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
AmyGrunwald, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Thank you so much for the feedback and compliments of the hotel. We are grateful for your feedback as a loyal guest at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Safe Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brookfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Milwaukee West (Brookfield)
Hampton Inn Brookfield
Hampton Inn Brookfield
#1 of 13 in Brookfield
Courtyard Milwaukee Brookfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield
Sheraton Milwaukee Brookfield Hotel
Home2 Suites by Hilton Milwaukee Brookfield

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Milwaukee - Brookfield? Share your experiences!