“Very nice!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bowler
North Star Mohican Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bowler
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Very nice!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Hubby and I went for a weekend get away and were very surprised. Suite $150 little kitchen/wet bar with sink, coffee pot, microwave open to living room, flat screen. Bedroom separate with door, huge bathroom. Very clean and newly decorated. Nice! Lots of slots to choose from,we got there on a Friday night and the weather was bad so I think the normal Friday crowd was not there, so we had our choice of the machines. Sat night there were bus loads of people in for a big cash drawing and you could barely get on any machines bc there was so many people. Restaurants choices were ok, nothing fancy. We went a couple miles to Woodland Supper Club and had Steak/lobster $19.99 and it was great! Staff was great, machines were good and room was wonderful. We will be back!

Room Tip: Before checking in, sign up for a slot club card before checking in and get %15 off your room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dawn R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Wisconsin
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The rooms are all remarkably schnazzy for an up north casino. Nice linens, decor, wifi access and nice shower. The hotel itself is a short walk down a hallway from the casino. There are a couple eating options: an eat in bar(with good hamburgers or turkey burgers for $4-$5 ($2 specials on some nights), a snack bar, and a nicer restaurant with a larger dinner/lunch menu. Watch for special "play and stay" deals when you get a $59 room with $20 money back for gambling and $10 food for each of 2 people. The casino is nice with some nice variety of slots. Blackjack is $3 and up, with most blackjack being pitch dealt. We enjoyed the dealers and had a good time. I'd return. Definitely one of the better hotel/casinos up north.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank siouxz
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Awsome place to stay and gamble..i try to go and stay tjere five timws or more a month when there not booked for the nite.i still go there to gamble even if there booked..love it there..workers do work there unlike other workers not too far away at that casino..if you have a issue ask a worker and yhey will go out of there way to help you unlike other casino they just look at you with a blank face.North star rocks!!!oh one last thing!!food is awsome and price is GREAT :)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank fishman47
Menasha, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Booked a king room for two nights last weekend. The rooms were new and comfortable.
I joined the slot club and got 15% of the regular room rate. The only thing missing in the rooms was a microwave and refrigerator. The Hotel also does not have a pool! The casino was nice and had 1200 slots. The slots were very tight and it was a losing battle. My wife won a little money playing black jack. We ate in all 4 restaurants in the resort. The food was good and cheap!
My wife got a massage in the Terradea Spa on Saturday morning. They had a great country band
in The Groove on Friday night. There was a Halloween party at the resort on Saturday night. We had alot of fun at this resort! What makes this place great is the staff. They are so friendly and would do anything for you to make your stay enjoyable. I found a little bit of Vegas in the Northwoods!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank CasinoMan53
Wisconsin
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I am not the real gambler in the family but we both agree this is the best casino/hotel in the state. The hotel is excellent in every respect - clean,comfortable, beautiful, and spacious with decent in-room coffee and a little snack for bedtime. There is also a full service Aveda spa which offers a little luxury for me while the gambler keeps going. I have had fun in the casino too which has a wide variety of machines, reasonable odds (he agrees), and fantastic air circulation (I hate excessive smoke and North Star does a super job of keeping the smell to a minimum so I don't have to be stuck in a tiny smoke free section). The specials and perks for points are great too - cash for gambling, reduced hotel rates, and a very tasty Tuesday $5 chicken buffet. I was told they will be adding a pool soon which will make it even better. The only downside is that this casino resort is a little off the beaten path but well worth the effort for a little getaway time.

Room Tip: You must make reservations in advance because this hotel really does fill up. None have really great...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sbva
Ringle, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed two nights in the suite at Northstar Casino and compare it to other 5 Star hotels I've stayed in on other trips. It was not only elegant but gave you a warmth of home inside as well. I NEVER sleep well in Hotels but the beds are second to none. I don't think any expense was spared in these rooms. The management and staff were above friendly and the food was 5 stars as well. Had the wings and things special on Saturday night, ate the buffet for breakfast Sunday morning and had the rib special Sunday evening. Pricing was.........you just go wow....how can they do it so inexpensive.

Room Tip: 5th floor corner suite worththe extra walk!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeff H
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 20, 2012

I absolutely love staying at North Star Hotel and Casino! Not only are the accommodations exceptional, but the staff is second-to-none. I live in the southeastern part of the state, so the only gaming establishment that is near is Potawatomi Casino...yuck! North Star puts other gaming establishments in the state to shame. We have stayed there about 8 times since they have opened, sometimes, multiple days. Their comps and rewards are very generous. I hope they never change that! I have found on the occasions that I have stayed the meals to be delicious and our wait staff has always been courteous. I love the fact there are multiple drink/coffee stations on the casino floor for players’ convenience. The only thing I wish they would consider is lowering the price of their drinks, which I think are kind of pricey considering where they are located – tavern heaven. And I wish, they had an indoor pool/hot tub. That would be awesome. Outside of that, North Star is definitely my place to stay in the north woods!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NAVY_YNC
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bowler
Konkapot Lodge
Quality Inn & Suites
#2 of 5 in Shawano
Cobblestone Inn and Suites Clintonville, WI
Boarders Inn and Suites Shawano, WI

Been to North Star Mohican Casino Resort? Share your experiences!