“NOT newly remodeled as they advertise on their website!”
Review of Sand's Motel

Sand's Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Boscobel
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My husband, dogs and I just stayed there for 3 nights at $80 per night which is really expensive for the area. We were completely grossed out by the extremely stained carpeting in our room (pet room that we had to pay $15 per night extra because "they shampoo the carpet after pet stays", yeah right!). Our sheets had crayon drawings on them from a former guest and urine stains on them. There was a dead mouse on the sidewalk in front of one of the rooms two doors down and one in the driveway....both were there for the whole time we were..... Did I mention we were the ONLY guests? The bathroom had an olive green tub (newly remodeled, remember), an olive green sink that was broken, and a lovely plastic toilet seat that slid around. The garbages outside the rooms were quite full and had not been emptied in the 3 days we were there, hence the mice. Their website boasts "newly remodeled" and it most likely was....in 1970! Unfortunately with dogs there was no other option in this town. Very gross!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Witznake

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We had a king size bed in our room with clean sheets and we were able to sleep well. I did check the shower head and it had some crusty minerals collecting where the water runs through but my husband said that's coming from the water itself so that couldn't be helped. We like the free WIFI connection, the air conditioner with a fan setting so we can have white noise to drown any other noise around, the ability to park in front of our room so we could keep an eye on our bikes, and the corridor in the center of the building which is directly accessible from our room. And they had coffee and doughnuts at around 6:50 am. A few things we didn't like: 1. the inside door tends to rattle when we open the door to the outside or when other nearby inside doors are opened but we remedied that by putting a chair against the door, 2. The cost - $59.00 + tax. We think it is only worth $50.00 for the overall quality of the motel. But the location may be a good justification for the cost.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank MO-triker
Reviewed May 26, 2011

First we have stayed there before but found that they have gone downhill and will not stay there again. First we were charged 15.00 a day for our 10 lb. 3 year old furbaby...ok not a problem until the next day when I was straightening out the bed and noticed a huge old pee stain on the bedspread. I did not notice this when we checked in the night before as we were tired and just wanted to get some sleep. DISGUSTING !!!!!!!!!! Second the remote on the TV did not work....So my husband was going to the office and a room was opened to be cleaned and he went in and exchanged remotes...Third...there phone system is totally obsolete. I won't even get into that! Fourth & fifth the table lamp has a short in it and the shower head needs to be throughly cleaned or replaced. Lastly there was no one on the premises Sat thru Mon. I went to get coffee on Sat morning @ 10.00 am and no coffee...Sun no coffee...Mon no coffee and no one there to voice our complaints...I wish I knew a way to get my money back as we were totally DISSAPOINTED !

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CaroleCelliWoodnal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boscobel
Lancaster Welcome Inn
#9 of 12 in Prairie du Chien
Windsor Place Inn
Windsor Place Inn
#7 of 12 in Prairie du Chien

Been to Sand's Motel? Share your experiences!