“Parkig lot is loud and management is weak.”

Best Western Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
Reviewed July 27, 2009

If you really crave the sound of drunken ATV drivers blasting past by your window at 3:40 in the morning, then this is the place for you. Enjoy the weak willed receptionist as she has nothing ready for you when you arrive and then explains to you how understaffed the hotel is. Feel the security of the morning receptionist when she assures you that the manager will "talk" to the loudmouth's from Iowa who left at least a 24 pack of beer cans and multiple ATVs strewn all over the parking lot. After all, isn't this what we come all the way to the scenic Black River Forest to view?
We got no sleep because the hotel management couldn't get the situation under control. I had to call the local police when the noise would'nt stop at 3:40 in the morning. The police called the front desk who said all was well. I would take any hotel over this dump.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank jkirk0

Reviewed July 7, 2009

we stayed in room 114, the hallway to the room smelled like crap....the room smelled better, only mildew and mold. We were told by a passer-by that their rooms smelled that way as well...we almost left, but we were weary from a 12 hour drive and decided to stick it out. I will never make that mistake again. The A/C did not dehumidify the damp room. The "exhaust" fan did not exhaust to the outside (what's it for?), so when we took showers it got even more humid. We watched tv until we dropped and "slept" fiutfully until the crack of dawn. When I stepped out of bed I could actually feel the dampness in the carpet. No wonder the place smelled. We loaded up and I had a 15 minute discussion with the desk staff, who were polite and attentive. I left written comments for management, who I was assured would be in touch concerning my future business. They haven't called me yet. I think they have a captive audience of ATV enthusiasts, as there were dozens of them zooming around the area during our short stay. There's a Holiday Inn Express at the same exit. We'll be staying there later this year. THIS HOTEL IS NOT A GOOD CHOICE!!!!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights, June 7-9, The Arrowhead Lodge is quite dated and would benefit from a total deep clean and a thorough refit.
The corridor on the ground floor was very smelly,which I can only describe as stagnant water/ sewage damage,
Our room was dated, quite small and not very clean.
We used the pool and jacuzzi once, again not very clean lots of cobwebs around the doors and windows.
We stayed here to be close to my family who live just 5minutes from the lodge,but I wish we had stayed at the Holiday Inn opposite.
The Arrowhead lodge seems a ideal place for long distance truck drivers and not good value for money in its present state

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank arabella
Reviewed February 23, 2009

In one word it was "Amazing". I stayed here on my way to Minneapolis with some friends. the hotel has really upgraded from the last time I stayed here. My room even had a flat screen TV. The staff was very polite and courteous. Big rooms clean and a good restaurant too. I was very happy with my stay and this best western is now my black river falls hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 7, 2008

We booked a room before reading any reviews and was a bit concerned about the hotel, due to some reviews, but things worked out great for us and we’d return again no problem. We booked a room with a king-sized bed and were told that these rooms were larger and it was. We had what they called the executive suite, which was tastefully decorated. At $80.00 a night, the price couldn’t be beat. The room was about 600 square feet with plenty of room for two adults and our large dog. We had three walk-in closets and a nice sized bathroom. We’d highly recommend this hotel and this type of room, if you don’t mind splurging just a bit more. We had two windows, which we loved being able to open. During our two-night stay we were able to glance at the lower priced ‘budget’ rooms and they were much smaller with the bed right up against the wall.

The complimentary continental breakfast was simple but adequate with fresh waffles, fruit, cereal, bagels, and pastries. The hotel has a fitness center and indoor pool, which we didn’t get to use this time, but looked inviting. The Orange Moose Bar and Grill restaurant on site is worth stopping by. It's casual with a nice view of the small lake out back. Bring your appetite: they fill your plate without breaking your pocketbook. The food is nothing spectacular-plain old fasioned American dining, but it's plentiful. The hotel encompasses a few acres with a trail for walking, or snowmobiles just several feet out the back door. The hotel is pet friendly in both landscaping and accommodations. Our large dog loved it and she’s a jet setter. The property is just off of the highway and conveniently located adjacent to a gas station/convenience store with a Subway and Taco John’s. The nearby Del Bean Coffee and Cheese shop is worth a stop if you want a tasty, filling sandwich, local beer, coffee and cheese etc.

We just visited in the shoulder season, so it was pretty quiet, but can easily imagine it being filled up during the busy summer and winter seasons.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 10, 2008

This hotel was alright. We stayed in a single queen. It was ok, fairly clean. It was nice that they had a fridge and microwave in tthe room. The fridge was very noisy when we were trying to sleep. They had a resturant and bar on site, we didn't eat at the resturant, the bar was nice. The hotel sure skimps on the towels though. The fitness center was decent, we didn't use the pool, we did use the whirlpool. It was ok, the tile needs some work, looked kind of dirty. It looks like the hotel is a lot of activites if you were to stay in the summertime. Overall it was decent, nothing fancy, I would probably try somewhere else next time, but would stay here again if I had to.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2006

This is a good sized hotel and very busy during the weekends due to 4-wheelers in the Summer and snowmobiles in the Winter. The rooms are large and comfortable. The decor in the hotel looks a little old and the hallways were a little musty but the hotel grounds are very nice. The continental breakfast is quite nice, with toast, fruit, cereal, bagels, muffins and fresh waffles.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank Robin_g_Despain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Black River Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls
Comfort Inn & Suites Black River...
#2 of 6 in Black River Falls
Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 11 in Tomah

Been to Best Western Arrowhead Lodge & Suites? Share your experiences!