“Great food and atmosphere!”
Review of Traveler's Tales - CLOSED

Traveler's Tales
Cuisines: American
“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Great food in a beautiful historic building. Great service, friendly staff. For anyone out there with celiac disease/gluten intolerance Traveler's Tales offers gluten free options! It is always a treat to go anywhere and be able to order my food with a bun. Yum!

• Visited June 2014

Alton, Illinois
“Nice find”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped overnight in town and the hotel staff recommended Traveler's Tales. Good food for the family...we had bacon cheeseburgers, olive burger and chicken strips (kids menu). Great cheese curds too. There is a restaurant area and a separate bar area. Local and national beers, but I was partial to Spotted Cow. Morgan was our waitress and was very nice and helpful as we were heading north for vacation. Average prices, and worth the stop!

Visited June 2014
DuPage County, IL
“Gorgeous restaurant and pub! GREAT food!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Took a little road trip up to BRF with a girlfriend and we drove through downtown just wanting to randomly choose a local place to eat. The quaintness of the exterior led us here. Traveler's Tales came about from the meeting of two young people who met while backpacking in Europe, fell in love, came back to her home and set up shop. The building HAS been a pub.case since its origins in the early 1900's. It has been lovingly restored and decorated; the ambiance is wonderful. The staff is warm and friendly and, in particular, I refer to Brittany, our server. Just a delightful young woman, born and raised in the area. The menu offers choices to satisfy any appetite and the selections we had were delicious. I happen to be a fan of fried pickles, so when I saw them on the menu, I had to give them a try. Best ones I've had so far! We had a super pleasant experience at Traveler's Tales and will be sure to stop in again on our next visit. You should, too!

• Visited February 2014