“Odd Mix” 3 of 5 bubbles

Got a photo?
Add it.
Local Gatherings
Cuisines: American
Description: First time here. On our way to Minneapolis & wanted to eat at a locally owned business. The 3 of us each ordered something different.. The owner grows her own veggies.that are organic. I ordered the bbq pork sandwich. I was so surprised! She bakes her own bread & there were three slices, not shaved, pork loin with homemade bbq sauce. I usually only eat one slice of bread with a sandwich but I ate both slices! My hubby had a grilled tilapia sandwich with thousand island dressing & ketchup. Unbelieveably delishious. He also had homemade coleslaw & rice. I had the black bean salad as a side. My son had the turkey sandwich on the same kind of bread. He loved it. She makes homemade desserts like apple pie & cookies. You just can't go wrong eating here whether you care for organic or not. The owner is very friendly. We will return here on our way back from Minneapolis this week!
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Odd Mix”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Based on prior reviews I stopped in for lunch on my way through town. At 1:00 pm, on a Thursday there were no other customers and the woman working seemed surprised to see me. I asked for a basic turkey sandwich. I was told she had ham,available but could "thaw out" some turkey. In hopes this would be decent turkey, and that it wouldn't take too long, I agreed. About 10 mins later, I ended up with a nice little to-go package for $5.50. This included home-made oven fries, a turkey wrap and yogurt topped with frozen fruit. The oven fries were superb; not so the generic smoked turkey or the overly sweet, still frozen yogurt. Pros: Cheap eats. Daily specials. Breakfast is especially reasonable. Cons: the place feels run down and has no atmosphere. Service is not speedy. Food quality inconsistent. The Verdict: I like to support local non- chain restaurants whenever possible but I don't think I'll be back to this one.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Eau Claire WI
“Fresh, local, seasonal food prepared by a wonderful cook/chef!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012

This cafe is a hidden gem! The atmosphere is very laid back and cozy. The owner is also the chef. She prepared and presented a wonderful Sunday breakfast. Everything was local fresh seasonal food. I wish we did not live an hour away - I want to go back and try some other menu items! Easy access from I-94. Highly recommend!

Fairchild Wi
“Good place for homemade food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

I recently went to Black River Falls and stopped in for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised that all the food was homemade and locally acquired. the menu was diverse and all fresh. Hope you stop in to see what is available

• Visited August 2012