“Nice place to stay”

Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was a nice place to stay as we returned home from Northern Wisconsin. The facility looks fairly new, but it may be older than it appears. The staff was very friendly when we arrived. We used the fitness room and found that everything was working. The room was big and thought we were just off of the Interstate, it was quiet. We did not use the pool, but it looked like a great place for a family. There was a separate pool for younger children, hot tub, and a pool that was larger than the typical pool. There was an issue with the TV; apparently the cable service was not working and they were waiting for the provider to send a technician. Easy access to the Internet provided all of the connection that I needed. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Svenskjim,
We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us! Thank you for the nice review! We are happy to see we succeeded in providing you a clean, comfortable room and that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful! Our kiddie pool is a big hit with our younger guests! I apologize that there was a TV issue. Thank you for your patience while we waited for the technicians.
We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We just needed a place to stay off the freeway, and this seemed like a good place to stay at a fair price. The lobby and condition of the hotel seemed above average for a Comfort Inn, and the people at the front desk were efficient and helpful. Our room was clean and the breakfast was okay. It was too cold in the room when we arrived, so my wife turned off the air conditioner. When we turned it back on later, it took longer than expected for it to come back on. However, it worked fine after that. I would have given this hotel a rating of 3.5, but 4 will do.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Garbagecollector,
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Comfort Inn & Suites of Black River Falls. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff was friendly and efficient. We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a blast. A mini vacation with the grandsons. You can ride your ATV's right out of the parking lot to awesome trails. After our day of fun in the sun we got to watch the boys swim in the big pool and slide in the kiddie pool too, as we watched from the whirlpool. It was great to see them being kids again!

Room Tip: The pool side room has patio doors right into the pool area!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Chris!
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are all so pleased that the family had a good time! We are very fortunate to have the ATV trails accessible right from our parking lot. And the pool area is definitely fun for the whole family!
Thanks again and we look forward to your next visit! Until then, ride safe and have a great summer!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We spent Saturday-Sunday with our kids and two granddaughters. The small wading pool and slide was great for the 10 month and almost 3 year old. The regular pool and hot tub were just fine for the adults. King suite room was great to meet in. Continental breakfast was very good. Only problem we had was not all the hotels fault. Inconsiderate people from out of state who felt they had to part their trucks, pontoon and boat under the canopy as they unloaded then sat there discussing their plans while others had to drag all their belongings to the front door. Sunday morning and there they were parked again as we all had to run through the rain to load up cars and kids. With only 1 person in sight of the boats, others were eating breakfast and packing.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor away from the pool and highway. Noise was not an issue from outside.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank laraeof6
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Laraeof6,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the nice review. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and it's nice pool area and hot breakfast!
I do apologize that there were other guests being inconsiderate with their parking. I have spoken with the owners and we are going to put up signs designating the canopy area for loading and unloading only. Thank you very much for letting us know of your experience so that we can take action to try to avoid this situation in the future!
We sincerely look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stay here on a monthly basis for work and have found the staff to be extremely helpful and friendly, the rooms spotless, the beds comfy and the wi-fi works! The common spaces provide room to spread out and it seems to be a popular place for larger groups to stay for weddings and family reunions. The breakfast is basic free food stuff, but the kids like it and there are healthy options available.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear WandererWisconsin,
Thanks for the kind words! We are so glad you enjoy staying with us!! We are fortunate to have a wonderful "extended family" of guests who we enjoy seeing on a regular basis! Thank you for being apart of it!
Thanks again & see you soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

First time staying at this hotel. Came for a girls weekend with family. We enjoyed our time here. Here are more information:
-Breakfast was good: waffles, eggs, sausage, biscuits & gravy, and other typical continental breakfast items.
-Bed was very comfortable
-Inside of hotel was nice. Better on the inside than outside.
-Pool was adequate. 5 ft in the deep end. Also a kiddie section with a little slide and hot tub in the area.
-Checked in on a Friday night. That night there were 2 occasions where we needed something from the desk and on both occasions the girl working would continue about her business without acknowledgment, like she was hoping I'd magically go away. Other than that everything was fine. Rest of the staff during our stay was great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Apie0402,
Thanks for the review! I am glad you found the accomodations to your liking! I apologize that the desk clerk on Friday was not more responsive to your needs. I will make sure to talk to her about that.
We do have plans underway to upgrade the outside of the building and the canopy area, so hopefully by your next visit we will have a fresh coat of paint and updated landscaping and the outside will look as nice as the inside!
Thank you again for the review and for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites of Black River Falls!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I Made a reservation for the night of july 11 on my business credit card. The previous day I called and said I already had a reservation for the next might but wanted to know if I could bring my dog. The lady who answered said "Of course, not a problems, dogs are welcome". She never asked my name or any information so I assumed there were plenty of rooms. When I arrived at 9 pm to check in, gave my credit card and then said I had a dog about which I had called, the young lady said they did not have a dog friendly room available and that this was not noted on my reservation. I told her I had called and there was no indication this was an issue. The clerk demanded to know the name of the person I had spoken with. Unfortunately, I didnt note that. The clerk never apologized for the miscommunication that the hotel should have made it clear that they need to note that on my reservation. She never said sorry for the mix-up and instead left me standing there in the lobby with no options. I asked what recourse do I have, can she call her manager to which she said she is not unable to reach her. After asked her about other hotels, she gave me the name of two but did not even offer to call them. To add to the frustrating situation, she was not able to remove the charge from my credit card. She said she was not trained to do that and could not reach her manager but would try to get her later and would call me when she got an answer. I gave her my number but by midday the next morning, still no call. I called back and found out tht the charge had not been removed but the woman I spoke to, a different clerk, who apologized for the incident said I should no worry since my room was sold. I asked for an email confirmation that the charge would be removed but this never arrived and it has been several weeks. The fact that I could not stay was not my choice as it was the hotels lack of follow-up when I called. Further more, the front desk needs training in customer relations as well as prompt customer follow up in resolving issues. I would not recommend this hotel due to the unfriendly and unhelpful staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
TSoto, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Ewa,
I wish to sincerely apologize for the miscommunication you encountered with your request for a pet friendly room. I have spoken with the desk clerk you spoke with at check-in and have redirected her in a better action plan for the future if such a situation would arise. In speaking with the desk clerk you spoke with in the morning, she was unable to email you a response as it came back "undeliverable." I do apologize that you did not recieve the email communication as well. Please be assured that you were not charged anything and we are so very sorry for this upsetting experience for you.
Please feel free to contact me at the hotel to discuss this matter further and to offer to make this right with you.
Again, my apologies. I hope you will give us another chance to show you the great lodging experience we strive to deliver to all our guests.
Regretfully Yours,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Black River Falls
Best Western Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
Best Western Arrowhead Lodge & S...
#1 of 6 in Black River Falls
Hampton Inn Tomah
#1 of 11 in Tomah
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah
Best Western Plus Sparta Trail Lodge

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls? Share your experiences!