“Great hotel. Nice room.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls

Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls
Airdrie, Canada
“Great hotel. Nice room.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed here on our way to Ontario for Christmas. Nice hotel. It was clean and comfortable. Also its Pet friendly. Good laundry facilities. We usually stay at Comfort Inns and were not disappointed as usual.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so kindly for your nice review. We are so pleased you had a good stay and were able to get one of our pet -riendly rooms! They are perfect for those traveling with their four legged friends! :-) We wish you happy travels and hope to see you again soon!
Safe Travels,
Tamra Soto/AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cedar Grove, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed here recently while traveling for a business trip; I upgraded to the jacuzzi suite for a treat. I was not impressed with the quality or space the room had. I felt like I was constantly bumping into furniture, etc. I didn't have a lot of space to spread out my work stuff and I just felt cramped! I travel with about 5 main pieces of stuff (suitcase, tote box with travel items, laptop bag, purse, and work bag) and I don't think I could have fit any other luggage let alone another person in this room. Overall the hotel was nice though - check in was speedy and employee was nice, curtious, and very helpful.
The night I stayed, there was a snowstorm which meant a lot of folks were getting off the road. I was not impressed with the quality of the parking lot or driveway. Nothing was plowed or salted/sanded when I left. I ended up having to pull my car around and load my stuff under the carport. Not a big deal but extra time was needed to deal with snow.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Dear Janet,
Thank you for the review! I am sorry your room was not large enough for your needs. If I may suggest our Queen Suites which have more room to spread out a lot of work for your next stay. I think that may work better for your needs. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you with getting a larger room!
It sure was a big snow storm wasn't it?! We recieved 12 inches of snow in a very short period of time! It seems Winter arrived quite suddenly! Please be assured the area plow trucks were working very hard trying to keep up with the storm. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our cleared canopy area to load your car.
We hope to see you again real soon!
Safe Travels,
Hudson, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have stayed here several times during the past five years and also use the Oak Room for family gatherings. Service and accommodations are always good. Large continental breakfast and pool area. Very convenient location just east of I-94

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to have you and your family as our regular guests! We look forward to the next family gathering! :-)
Onalaska, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed here recently for a wedding in town. I was surprised by how nice, clean and inviting this place was. My room was very clean and well decorated. The room had a fridge, microwave and a very comfy bed. The hotel has a great front lobby area. There is also a huge continental breakfast. My only complaint was the dirty elevator. It seemed that the carpet in the elevator was in dire need of replacing. The hotel also has a great pool area if you have staying with children!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay with us! I am so happy you were pleased with the accomodations and the breakfast! After a good night's sleep, a nice hot breakfast is a good way to start the day! And the kiddie pool is a favorite among our younger guests!
I do apologize the elevator carpet was not up to par. I would like to assured you it has been cleaned and any problems rectified. Thank you so much for letting us know where we can improve! With valuable feedback from guests such as yourself, we can work to make each guest experience a wonderful one!
Green Bay, Wisconsin
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have stayed at this Hotel many times in the past few years. It seems to be going downhill recently. Room cleanliness is a big deal to me, it wasn't very satisfactory. For the same price I could have stayed at the casino 3 miles away and would have been much happier.

Room Tip: If you don't like casinos stay across the street at the Best Western, great on site restaurant a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
TSoto, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your loyalty to the hotel over the last few years. I am sorry you do not feel your recent stay was as nice as before. Many of our guests are pleased with the updates we have continued to make since our last renovation. The new bedding gives our rooms a nice clean modern look & feel. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to maintain the high level of cleanliness you are used to. I'm sorry if we did not measure up this last time. I will make sure to bring this to their attention.
We are a limited service hotel and do not have a restaurant and bar onsite so for guests where a bar is important, unfortunately we are not able to provide that service. But we do offer a full hot breakfast each morning complimentary to all our guests.
Thank you for your comments and Happy Travels!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I own property in Jackson County and felt compelled to write this review after a stay at this hotel over the past weekend. A couple other people have written unflattering reviews and I frankly just don't understand why. This is not a 5-star hotel, but BRF doesn't have any 5-star hotels. What this IS is a clean, comfortable place to use as a hub for your stay in Jackson County. The rooms are clean and contemporary, and the breakfast service was great. Every staff member took pride in making sure every person was well-cared-for. If you have kids, their pool and hot-tub area is a great place for them to burn off some steam. They have an exercise room, and the wi-fi was free (included with lodging.) I've stayed at places that charge upward of $15 p/day for wi-fi. The property is in a good location, close to downtown, Lake Wazee, fishing, state forest, hiking trails, ATV trails, you name it. It's all close-by. The parking lot is large and well-lit. Several nice supper clubs within a short drive, including Castle Hill (Merrillan) and Stone's Throw (Hatfield.) I've also heard rumors of some sort of casino nearby. For an online booking of around $85.00, I just don't see how anyone could be displeased with this place. If you want something more upscale, newer, more prestigious brand, etc. there is a new Hampton Inn in Tomah, but that's 30 minutes away, and will probably cost you twice what this place will.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Butch R
Dear Guest,
We are excited that you were so happy and that we were able to provide you with a great experience. BRF is a small town but we have some big hearted folks working here at Comfort Inn& Suites to make sure all of our guests have a great stay and will return again and again to enjoy the many fun things to do around Jackson County. We do have many great places to eat in the area as you mentioned, so thanks for sharing your experience with us! We look forward to your next visit!
Happy Travels,
Minneapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I mostly stay at Choice Hotels and found this one to be about the best I've seen. Everything feels reasonably updated and clean. The breakfast is hot and good. They have a pool and hot tub as well. Quite simply, the place was surprisingly nice for the price (even without considering price, this is a nice place to stay).

NOTE: If you use GPS to find this place, make sure you type in "W10170" not "W 10170"!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thanks for the tip on finding us on the GPS! That is good to know!
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for the nice comments! We hope you will come see us again real soon!
Best Regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Black River Falls
BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & Suites
BEST WESTERN Arrowhead Lodge & S...
#1 of 6 in Black River Falls
Super 8 Neillsville WI
#1 of 2 in Neillsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tomah
BEST WESTERN PLUS Sparta Trail Lodge

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Black River Falls? Share your experiences!