“eating off the land”
Review of Stout Island Lodge

Stout Island Lodge
Ranked #5 of 8 Restaurants in Birchwood
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The food is delicious using seasonal produce from the island or locally grown. Out server was friendly and very gracious.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

First, be aware that you can only dine at this restaurant if you are staying on the island. The menu has some very unique offerings, but is somewhat limited. The servings are on the smaller side and are quite pricey ranging from $10 for a burger to $28 for broiled trout. To give you an idea of what I mean by unique, I had the Hummus gnocchi with ramps and fiddlehead ferns topped with a poached egg for $18. I liked it, but my wife did not and the portion was small. My wife had the fish tacos for $14 and we both liked those. We also had an intentionally cold pea soup with blue cheese and a roasted beet salad that were very good even though I don't care for peas or beets. Also be aware that you may bring your own food if you choose or may take the hourly ferry back to the mainland to get a pizza to bring back from town if you want.

1  Thank Rick B