“Fantistic Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Birchwood
Cobblestone Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 3 Birchwood B&B and Inns
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fantistic Stay!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The best 2 days away from home I have had in a long time. The host only complimented the already great atmosphere of the Cobblrstone B & B. In this peaceful setting I had the best sleep in a while. The food and conversation was warming to the soul....Thanks for a wonderful time Marylou!

Room Tip: All the roomd
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I stayed here with my family for two days, and I must say the place is just darling. The beds are comfy as can be and the place is very home like. Everyday breakfast got better and better. We had blueberry pancakes , eggs Benedict , French toast and amazing coffee. The owner was very personable and made sure we had what we needed at all times. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast for anyone who is looking for a fantastic quiet peacefull place to stay:)

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed July 11, 2012

Comfortable rooms, fabulous meals, Beautiul scenery around, 2 cute cats that don't bother and are really easy to pet( that is if desired). Feels super homey and filled with lots of love and kindness.

Come stay here! You won't regret it!! It's a great place With lots of places near by!

Thank you Mary Lou!

:D

Stayed July 2012
Muskego, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have had the opportunity and good fortune of enjoying several stays at the Cobblestone over the past several years. From the moment you arrive the atmosphere and tasteful charm make you feel "right at home". The consistent manner in which Mary Lou has displayed a willingness to accommodate to meet the demands or needs of each visit is far beyond any I have experienced in the hospitality industry. Each room is tastefully themed and competitively priced to appeal to most budgets. My favorite part of each stay has to be the breakfast. Not only the presentation and generous proportions. The laughter and conversation are a great way to start the day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Podgora, Croatia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Be aware that the cancellation policy is not as represented on the website. When we needed to get in touch we were not recontacted at a... and eventually heard a change of "it's not my fault" from the owner.

Breakfast was ok, but hearing about the owners medical problems through all of breakfast time was not what we expected.

The upstairs room was too hot and made it difficult to sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank alias1234
, Owner at Cobblestone Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
In 18 years of business I have received my first bad review. I remember this person well. The reason behind the registration chaos began with his trying to cancel last minute. When I replyed with my cancellation policy he told me he never received it. I belong to resnexus reservation system and this is how it works. There is a box you check you have read and agree to the policy. You are then sent a copy of your confirmation and I receive it after you so I know you have read and agree to the policy. When he called to try to cancel the day before arrival and tried to get out of the agreement he told me he never received the confirmation. Untrue, impossible. As far as the room too warm, they ran the thermo massage tub for over and hour and a half. My girlfriend asked me what all the banging was that was going on upstairs and I told her it sounded like they were trying to open the windows, but because the humidity were swollen shut. The conversation the next morning was of his wife whom he told me had M.S.. I was coversating with her on the similairities of my own disease, I guess he did not care to hear but she seamed reseptive. To my suprise when I read this responce I was shocked because he referred to himself as Dr.......... . By the way he was not a doctor but had a phd in counceling. Maybe that was where my confusion came in in the first place. All in all he did not pay sales tax, he siad he was tax exempt and I did not charge him the 35.00 fee. I howver had tro pay his sales tax, because he ran part of the bill by card before he came adn did not tell me he was tax exempt toill after he came. I believe the chaos was not only in the registration.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 19, 2012

It's a classic looking B&B, a converted late 19th century house on a tranquil corner at the edge of a tiny town. We really felt like we were staying in someone's home instead of a small hotel. Our room, including the bed, was comfortable. Breakfast was good, and plentiful. Two ladies, the owner and her assistant, were both friendly and helpful.

The cats are also friendly. Whether they are helpful or not is another matter. One cat slept with another guest, who apparently enjoyed the company. I'm not a pet person, so they didn't enhance my experience any.

On a Friday night, the bars down main street were more boisterous than one might expect in a small town, not that they were loud enough to keep us awake.

Compared to similar B&Bs, this one is a little spendy, though hardly ridiculous.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We had a fantastic time staying at the Cobblestone B&B. The place is beautifully decorated. Our family stayed in three rooms, each more charming than the last. The beds were all very comfortable and everything was spotless. We had a great time playing games in the living room and sitting outside in the backyard. The owner had an emergency on the day we arrived and was not able to be there during our visit. However, the woman (I'm sorry that I forgot her name) who covered for her was fantastic! She took wonderful care of us, which included making a delicious breakfast. I highly recommend Cobblestone (plus it is pet friendly!).

Room Tip: We stayed in 3 different rooms, two on the upper level and one on the lower level. All 3 were wonde...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank HenryDL
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birchwood
AmeriVu Inn & Suites
Best Western Spooner Riverplace
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
Curriers Lakeview Lodge
#3 of 8 in Rice Lake

Been to Cobblestone Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!