“need better staff”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
beloit, United States
“need better staff”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

nicole the desk clerk at the hampton in beloit wisconsin is the rudest , desk clerk i have ever in my life come across. we were treated like second class citizens will report to better business bureau the manager and now to corporate

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Brenda_gould, General Manager at Hampton Inn Beloit, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with one of our staff being rude towards you. This is totally unacceptable and I can assure you that I have personally spoken to our staff regarding your comments. I understand your frustration with our hotel policy in regards to requesting a credit card at time of check in and that it wasn't fully explained to you properly when your reservation was made and at check in that all guests are required to present a credit card at time of check in for room and incidentals charges. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Lindenhurst, United States
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Checking into the hotel was an extremely smooth process. Keri and Cori were working at the desk and both were a pleasure to interact with. Keri upgraded my room and we discussed how fluffy the pillows are in the rooms. I will say that they are probably the fluffiest pillows I have ever come across so beware if you are use to memory foam as I am. I was even called after I check out and told that I left something in my room and it would be waiting for me at the front desk. This alone will have me staying at the Hampton again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a top notch Hampton. It's quite new and the rooms have all the amenities. Heating/cooling works well. Shower is very large. I found the staff here to be superior. The clerk who checked me in was very welcoming and immediately asked me if I was interested in any dinner recommendations. She had an entire book full of choices and gave me pre-printed menus and directions for the few I was torn between. Very nice touch. The breakfast is a typical Hampton and is fine. There is a great fitness area and indoor pool. My room was spacious, clean and the bed super comfortable.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rocky River
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Beloit for business for a week in September 2013. The building is newer, meaning it has some of the amenities you don't find in older buildings (for example proximity keys, and a USB/electrical outlet charger on the nightstand so one can charge a computer and iPhone at the same time without having to reach behind the bed nightstand for an outlet)
Employees in general were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the usual Hampton Inn size. Comfortable bed, good heating and cooling. The usual breakfast was available as well as snack bags for a morning break or for lunch, about what I would expect from the Hampton. The room and bathroom were clean and well taken care of, and the room had a nice large high definition TV
One aspect of my stay that was above-average is the fitness room, which is larger and better equipped than the older Hampton Inn hotels that I stayed at. It has an elliptical, bike, three walking/running machines as well as free weights and a multiuse machine. This is important for me and I seek it out when I travel, probably one of the best in a limited selection city like Beloit.
Overall, somewhat better than average for Hampton Inns.

Note: Beloit has limited offerings, and i did get shut out when i tried to reserve for a stay. Book early, you will not find many (if any) higher level hotels in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Built about 1 year old so it is very nice inside and out. I rented 4 rooms for our wedding party. All the rooms were excellent. Beds are so comfortable. Television and subscription service is awesome, lots of premium channels. Had many compliments about our hotel selection for our wedding block. Overall had about 15 guest stay here and not a single complaint. Front desk was always very pleasant in passing and with questions.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights while attending a wedding nearby. The service was outstanding and the rooms large and comfortable. We made use of the mini fridge. We had friends staying at the nearby Fairfield and Holiday Inn and the Hampton was the nicest of them all. The location of all the hotels is great and within walking distance to Walmart and Aldi, among many other places. The Hampton was steps away from Jersey's, a local bar with cheap food and drinks...and the nightly hang out for everyone in our party.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed September 16, 2013

As usual, I was very pleased with this Hampton INN property. My room had 2 queen beds, a desk with free wi fi, flat screen TV, fridge, and microwave. My room was very clean, and the bed was so comfy. The hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and convenient to the interstate. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I thought the price was expensive for the location. I didn't eat the free breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beloit
Ironworks Hotel
Garden Hotel and Conference Center
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Beloit

Been to Hampton Inn Beloit? Share your experiences!