“Not quite ready for prime time”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Overall, I would have to say this hotel is pretty good. I think the housekeeping is sub par. Breakfast is standard complimentary fare. If you're in Beloit to visit the college, you really need a car--its too far to walk, and there is no shuttle service. Front desk was very helpful--helped us with directions several times. I REALLY appreciated that there was a computer in the lobby that was connected to a printer!I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed October 17, 2010

BEAUTIFUL whirlpool room. Outstanding staff & friendly at ALL times.
We really loved to stay at a wonderful place that welcomes pets and even has a very large walk area out back. It was perfect! Eventhough the parking lot was full of cars and we thought it would be noisy with so many guests, it was very QUIET in our room and never heard anyone. The pool area looks nice, but never had time to use it.

We HIGHLY recommend this motel, especially if you have pets.
And plan to definitely return in the future!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

Ok, after an interesting trip, including (Gee it must be summer) one lane highway from Chicago O'hare toward Beloit, we stopped and thought we pulled into the Fairfield, got out of the car with suitcase and went inside - for about 15 seconds, I thought "YUCK" before I realized we were not at the Fairfield, we had gotten out at the hotel NEXT to the Fairfield. We did not know what we would see next door, but we were ever so pleasantly surprised! They even upgraded us! WHAT A TREAT! The accommodations were WONDERFUL. The room was clean, it smelled great, it was spacious and laid out well. I highly recommend this hotel! I don't stay in Fairfields often, usually Marriott Proper or one of their other hotels... this ranked right up there. PLEASANTLY surprised! YAY!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 14, 2010

I have been a frequent visitor to the Beloit area and on my last couple of trips stayed at the Fairfield Inn. Pro's The staff are friendly, especially in the breakfast area.
Cons The cleanliness of the rooms and hallways, there was a french fry that remained on a main stairway for over 2 weeks!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
FairfieldBeloit, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly staff. At the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Beloit our staff strives to make sure all of our guests enjoy their stay and that they want to return. I am very sorry to hear that you felt our cleanliness at the hotel was not the best. I have shared your comments with the entire staff and can ensure you that on your next visit to the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Beloit you will be impressed by the quality of our hotel and the service you will receive from our staff. Thank you for choosing our hotel while in Beloit. We hope we have the opportunity to have you as our guest in the future!

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Everything about this hotel is old.The Maintenance man and housekeepers surly has there hands full.For the age of the hotel it everything worked fine and was as clean as possable.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. Our entire staff works very hard to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay, have a clean and comfortable room and want to return! We hope you enjoyed your time in Beloit and that you will be our guest again in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2010

A three-night stay at this Fairfield Inn proved to be an ordeal. I was on a business schedule that required early (5am) rising and early bedtimes as a result. When I checked in, I specifically asked for a quiet room and made the staff aware of my need for a good night's sleep. They assured me that they'd see to it. For two of the three nights, I was kept awake until past midnight by children and adults running up and down the hall screaming at each other and slamming doors. Several calls to the desk did nothing to resolve this until the commotion died down on its own after midnight. The earplugs that I routinely carry for such situations didn't make any difference given this noise level. I have business reasons for being in this area now and then but won't be back at this place, even though I am a member of the Marriott rewards program. By the way, the hotel's decor is clean but very tired looking and in need of freshening.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank teds300
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Overall a fine stay. Our room was clean and the staff was very helpful -- they gave us a really early check-in time (12:30pm) and brought us extra towels on request. Good pool for little kids, only goes to 4' deep. Good breakfast. Only complaint is that our "suite" didn't have a door between the living and sleeping area, which makes it more difficult when you're trying to put kids down. Other than that, I honestly don't know why some of the other reviewers hated this hotel so much.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beloit
Hampton Inn Beloit
Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites Beloit/South Beloit
Super 8 Beloit
Super 8 Beloit
#3 of 8 in Beloit

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit? Share your experiences!