“Would not Return to The Fairfield”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Naperville IL
“Would not Return to The Fairfield”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed there this past 4th of July weekend (Friday 7/5 & 7/6) to attend a Dave Matthews concert at the Alpine Music Theater. Was disappointed and would not stay there again. When we arrived to our room we checked the room out to make sure it was clean, the first problem we found was the shower head was dirty and had build up of pink scum on it. Called the front desk to have housekeeping clean shower head, the girl at the front desk said that she was not sure where the housekeeper was at the moment and could not call someone at that very moment because she was to busy with checking in a group of people.

Later after returning from the concert went to shower and the tub was backing up I had to keep turning the water off and on to let the water drain out and try to complete my shower. Maintanence came and fixed the tub issue the drain was clogged with a bunch of hair. The beds were very uncomfortable, and the free breakfast was poor. So the only Pro to this stay was that the two hispanic cleaning ladies did an excellent job, the other employees were nice, but the girl at front desk could of handled the whole shower head situation better. Won't be returning to Fairfield.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Stella C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Milton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Working two long days, so decided to overnight to make it easy. Fairfield was convenient, very clean, had a great complimentary breakfast & free Wi-Fi. The desk attendant, Anna, was very friendly & helpful. I asked her which discount card work give me the best rate, & found that AAA worked best! I was upgraded to a beautiful suite being a rewards member. Paul Mitchell shampoo & conditioner was complimentary!! The only thing I would like to see changed is to have "real" coffee mugs in the room instead of Styrofoam cups...

Room Tip: Room 301 is a suite on the far side of the building. It was nice & quiet!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Marco Island, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Pros: nice room, comfortable bed, but with so-so pillows.
High speed Internet speed better than some places I've stayed.
Food and shopping is right there.
Friendly staff.

Cons: after a long day of driving wanted a nice long shower, but was disappointed...
the water pressure was so-so, therefore when I washed my hair, it was hard to rinse…it reminded me of a Seinfeld episode.
Also, could not take a bath as the drain would not close.
Had a room which was facing the direction of the interstate…once the AC shut off during the night…could hear the noisy traffic.

Room Tip: Choose room on side away from the Interstate.
Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Do not Stay!!! Watch Out! Beloit is my hometown and the Fairfield use to be my fav, but after my last stay there appears to be a scam going on. I was charged $250 for smoking, never smoked a day in my life. They indicated they have picture for evidence and I can't even imagine what that would be which lead me to think this is a setup/scam. Yes, maybe I watch too much CSI, but knowing I don't smoke, carry matches or a lighter, what could possibly be in the pictures. I did ask to see the picture and the manager wasn't sure that was allowed. Hmmmm? I could not get them to remove the charge, so I disputed with my credit card company and reported the incident to the platinum elite desk at Marriott. Having been so loyal to Marriott for years, I am shocked with the treatment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Beloit hotels

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our team was playing at University of Wisconsin Whitewater in the NCAA DIII Sweet 16. We found out about our team being in it the weekend prior, and I was on the phone with the Fairfield on Monday morning to make arrangements for rooms for 85 people who would be traveling on our fan buses from Michigan to attend the games. Andrea the manager was exceptional to work with and made the process of reserving space and giving us a great rate, flawless. When we arrived we gave here shirts for her staff and a bag of goodies with buttons, balloons etc. I had arrived the night prior to make sure everything was ready to go when our buses arrived. We had talked several times throughout the week to make sure all the rooming lists were right and when I saw Andrea on Friday it was like we were family and so excited to meet face to face.

We left to get lunch, and when we came back the staff was in their shirts and Andrea had gone out to get helium for the balloons and decorated the lobby with our teams colors. Each staff member including cleaning and others all had buttons on that we had given them. They had all the keys organized and allowed me to hand them out to our fans as the entered the hotel. They made arrangements with their cleaning staff to allow us to stay a little later on Saturday, and went out of their way to make our trip seamless.

I coordinate many trips for teams, and fans and friends, and this stay was by far one of the best. The hotel is newly renovated, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. We were able to use the meeting room as overflow for folks when they were hanging out and eating breakfast.

If you are traveling for any occasion, this is a great value and a great place to stay, and the staff is accommodating and friendly. The hotel has a movie theater directly behind it, and there is a great restaurant called the Road Dawg down the street with great food. There are the usual fast food places as well as Applebee's and Starbucks nearby as well. It is right off the highway and easily accessible.

The only downside for us is this was one of the closest hotels to UW-Whitewater as the school is located 30 miles from almost anywhere you stay, so it was about 50 miles round trip, but staying at the Fairfield which was nice, clean and well run, meant we were at least coming back to a great place to sleep.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FairfieldBeloit, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Anne,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We loved having the Hope College fans stay with us and enjoyed all of the college souvenirs you gave to our staff! Best of luck to your team in the future, we hope you will be our guests again!
Laura Koenker
West Bend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

Very nice place, good price, likely the best free breakfast in the state have stayed at a few other Beloit motels and some are really poor - the Fairmont is excellent - also cookies and coffee 24 hours

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
FairfieldBeloit, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I am very happy to hear you enjoyed our breakfast and am happy to announce we will be adding more hot items this spring. We appreciate your patronage to the Beloit Fairfield Inn & Suites and hope to see you again in the future!
Laura Koenker
Wheeling, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here on September 28th and 29th while visiting daughter at nearby Beloit College. Old hotel with face lift.. Beds comfortable and rooms clean. A/C really not adjustable; appears to shut-off at night so room became stuffy. Pool area not real clean - food crumbs, cloudy water. The "free" breakfast" was a joke. 1 waffle machine, some fruit, and dry cereal. Signs advertised cheese, bacon, etc. - when I asked the front desk, I was advised that they were referring to microwave breakfast sandwiches - which they were "out of" for both days. I found the price a little high for what we got and for being in the middle of nowhere. There are several national hotels in the immediate area - we will most likely check them out next time we decide to stay in Beloit.

Room Tip: Stay on the lower floor - one elevator (very small and slow)
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
FairfieldBeloit, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites of Beloit. We find all of our guest's comments very helpful in maintaining and improving our high standards of guest comfort and satisfaction. I am very sorry that you were disappointed with the AC in your room and the quality of our breakfast. I can assure you that our A/Cs have been in the process of being replaced so that every room has a brand new unit. Each room now has a unit working to the high standards that every guest should expect. The Fairfield Inn & Suites brand nationwide is in the process of revamping the breakfast buffet and I am happy to announce that we will be offering many new options including hot food starting in 2013. I thank you for your patronage to the Beloit Fairfield Inn & Suites and hope you will be our guest again in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beloit
Hampton Inn Beloit
Super 8 Beloit
Super 8 Beloit
#4 of 8 in Beloit
Baymont Inn & Suites Beloit

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit? Share your experiences!