“Not worth the extra rate”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Not worth the extra rate”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed in early July as part of a wedding block. The average room rate was shocking for the location of this hotel. Most of the others nearby were much cheaper but since we were offered a 'discount rate' we chose to stay here. I had high expectations. The advertised rate was on par with the rates charged by 4 and 5 star hotels in Minneapolis so we thought, being in a small town, it would be, at the very least, a little nicer than your typical motel. Not so much. It was 104 degrees outside and our AC didn't work. After trying to adjust it, we called the front desk. They sent up a maintenance worker about 10 minutes later and after a little fiddling, he told us to try unplugging it and plugging it back in any time it stopped working. It never actually worked. It would blow cold for maybe 30 seconds and then go back to blowing hot air. And it was over 100 degrees outside. The shower had some black hairs in it which was disgusting but not unusual for a hotel. That night after the wedding the temperature outside dipped down a bit so we tried opening our window. The window only opened about four inches and it was impossible to sleep with the curtain open, allowing the breeze in because there was a spotlight shining in our window from the parking lot. I think if you're not going to have easy access to outdoor air, the ac/heat units should provide adequate temperature control. Instead we were roasting the entire time. We never got a fan or anything to help with the extreme heat so our room stayed about 90 degrees the entire time. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable. And there was a mini fridge which was nice since we were able to keep bottled water cold. At least something was cool. At check out we let the front desk know that the AC was still not working in the room to which they said, "oh really? okay thanks, we'll look into that." Awesome.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank weesh17
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I am very sorry you were unhappy with us during your recent visit, and offer my sincere aplogies. We have spoken with you privately and done what we could to make ammends. We know you have many hotel choices, and welcome all guest feedback. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

Upon arrival the desk clerk looked annoyed to see me, strike one. The a/c unit was frozen and the room was stifling (over 100 degrees outside)strike 2. The maintenance man was there quickly to provide a fan, and fix the a/c, happy about that until 2am when the room started to heat up again. Room looked nice-ish, but new linens and a few new fixtures didn't change the fact that the walls were thin,floors creaked. I would expect this from a super 8 or motel 6, but when I pay to stay at a"nicer" place I expect nicer. Upon checking out I politely voiced my concerns and received a "sorry". Strike 3. Well I'm sorry but I won't be returning here.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank metrohen
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I am sorry for the poor service you received during your recent stay with us, and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. We should have done a better job of making sure you satisfied during your stay, and welcome the opportunity to make this right for you if you would contact me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. Please don't let this one stay damage your positive image of the Marriott brand when you are considering hotel choices in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Beloit hotels

beloit
Reviewed July 16, 2012

It is cheap hotel and that is what you get.AC unit so noise that you can hear it from the next room. So pack some earplugs you will need them for sure.
They do not change sheets every day (at least that is my perception).
Customer service average to poor.
Make your research before you book.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Reds2012
I am very sorry you were so disappointed with the quality of your recent stay with us, and offer my sincere apologies. We operate and maintain at the highest standards, and want all our guests to be happy they chose our hotel. I will use your review in discussions and training to improve our hotel and service. Please consider giving us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Beloit.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We just returned from a weekend at the Fairfield Inn Beloit. Every employee we interacted with went above and beyond making us feel welcome and accomodating our requests. We travel frequently with our baseball team. This is the first hotel we have stayed at that made us feel like they appreciated our business and did everything to make us feel at home. They have a very large and nice meeting room that they allowed our team to use Saturday night to just hang out in. Sunday after check-out we had 3 hours between games and the hotel welcomed us back to use the meeting room again - after we had all checked out of the hotel. The rooms were clean and modern, breakfast was great and the staff was EXCEPTIONAL!!! I would highly recommend and we will definately stay there again if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Goldilocks3bearsMama
, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to post your very first ever TA review about your recent experience at our hotel. We love the enthusiasm and camaraderie that teams bring to our hotel, and know they are putting it all out there during their competitions. We want our hotel to be the place the team knows they can relax and rehash the days events in a comfortable and relaxing environment. We really apprecieate you wonderful recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in our area.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I just stayed at the Beloit Fairfield Inn for a week. Could not have been happier. I took my two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels with me as well. They charge $10 a night if you bring a pet. They have a place to walk your dogs out back with a doggie bag dispenser as well. Shawn, who was at the front desk was awesome. Misty was the person who cleaned my room and did a great job. Everyone was so nice. I would def stay there again. The beds are brand new and great! They were just finishing redoing the pool and hot tub. The wireless internet was free and fast. The breakfast was good with waffles, yogurt etc...

The coffee is pretty good. Would rate it 7/10. Not sure that I could find a negative. Very close to the baseball stadium.

nicest hotel on the stip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank liquid0623
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thanks for your visit and nice review. We are very proud of our new look, and glad you like it too. Misty & Shawn are wonderful, and they inspire all of us to do our best for every guest, every time. I will be sure they get the positive recognition they deserve for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Beloit.
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Receptionist at front desk very professional! After having flight canceled we were exhausted!! She made sure everything was taken care of. Even got us toothbrushes since our luggage was still at the airport! Excellent service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to post your comments and rating. I'm glad you were happy with the accommodations and service you received and look forward to the next time you are our guest here.
Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We recently spent a few days in Beloit and stayed at the Fairfield inn. To start with the hotel is located right across the street from Walmart and just off the interstate. There is a movie theater adjacent and serval restaurants in the area.

While checking in it was clear the front desk staff was less than enthusiastic. She displayed almost an apathetic attitude. The rooms are nice. We had a king room on the third floor. The rooms are small but the AC worked well and it was very quiet. The bathroom was adequate.
The breakfast buffet was the standard with bagels, muffins, waffles, and microwave buiscits. The cleaning staff were extremely nice leaving us little treats like candy, popcorn, and water. The same was not true of any of the front desk staff. After staying for 5 days we didn't even get the expected greeting of hello or bye when we passed through.

There is also a nice fitness room and pool that can be used 24hrs a day which was nice. They also put out some snacks in the afternoon if you are passing through.

Overall nice hotel, just needs friendlier front desk staff.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Desi_traveler_77
I am terribly sorry you did not receive better service from our front desk team during your recent visit and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. There is no excuse for not being hospitable and professional, and I will share you review with our entire team, and use it in discussions and training to improve our service. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in town, and that you are happy with the improvements we've made.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beloit
Hampton Inn Beloit
Best Western Legacy Inn & Suites Beloit/South Beloit
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 8 in Beloit

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit? Share your experiences!