“Nice hotel, good location, average staff”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Nice hotel, good location, average staff”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We recently spent a few days in Beloit and stayed at the Fairfield inn. To start with the hotel is located right across the street from Walmart and just off the interstate. There is a movie theater adjacent and serval restaurants in the area.

While checking in it was clear the front desk staff was less than enthusiastic. She displayed almost an apathetic attitude. The rooms are nice. We had a king room on the third floor. The rooms are small but the AC worked well and it was very quiet. The bathroom was adequate.
The breakfast buffet was the standard with bagels, muffins, waffles, and microwave buiscits. The cleaning staff were extremely nice leaving us little treats like candy, popcorn, and water. The same was not true of any of the front desk staff. After staying for 5 days we didn't even get the expected greeting of hello or bye when we passed through.

There is also a nice fitness room and pool that can be used 24hrs a day which was nice. They also put out some snacks in the afternoon if you are passing through.

Overall nice hotel, just needs friendlier front desk staff.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Desi_traveler_77
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
I am terribly sorry you did not receive better service from our front desk team during your recent visit and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. There is no excuse for not being hospitable and professional, and I will share you review with our entire team, and use it in discussions and training to improve our service. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in town, and that you are happy with the improvements we've made.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Xenia, Ohio
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We picked this hotel for an overnight stay on our roadtrip. It was an excellent choice. We ended up with the "suite" version. I liked the layout. The pool and breakfast were also very good.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, December 25, 2011
Thanks for choosing to stay with us during your recent road trip. I'm glad you were happy with your decision and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the area.
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Rooms are great! Clean and newly remodeled. Staff is friendly and helpful. There is a lot of construction going on but they do a great job to not disturb the guests.

My only rant would be that the Internet here is incredibly slow. I can't get any work done here with the wifi. I just don't understand why it's so slow when there are no more than 10 guests staying in the hotel. Perhaps it's a network issue.

I chose this hotel over the holiday inn express. I'm split on which one I'll stay in next time because although holiday inn is incredibly outdated, they make up for it with free drinks, big pool, and super fast Internet which allows me to do work in the hotel and not in a Starbucks.

• Stayed December 2011
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write and post your comments. I'm sorry about the internet - we upgraded our service on December 15, and you will see a dramatic difference the next time you stay with us, in our newly remodeled hotel, with friendly and helpful staff members. Please give us another chance before going to that other hotel or coffee house. Thanks!
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stayed a couple nights here on business. Was the first time I've used this Fairfield. Have to say i was quite pleased with the update to the rooms....the halls and entry still need an update...but my room was very nice.

My only disappointments were around the A/C unit...being quite noisy. And I had some neighbors who were partying one of the two nights.....which woke me up and kept me awake for awhile. But...hey it's a hotel.

I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, November 26, 2011
Thank you for choosing us this time, and for posting your comments. Our renovations are very exciting, and I'm glad you like our progress so far. Please accept my apologies for the noise created by other guests, and my thanks for your understanding. I hope we can serve you again the next time you are in town.
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed October 16, 2011

This hotel allows pets and our first room smelled like animal urine. It is hard for me to believe that the staff is unaware of the strong, horrible odor. It was overwhelming! Of course they moved us to a different room, but it was not the kind we requested. The new room was was worn out, but clean and fresh smelling. Breakfast was above average and the person in charge did an excellent job keeping up on a very busy Sunday morning!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not allow pets!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to post your review. I am terribly sorry your room was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival, and that you were unhappy with the room you were given. Helen is a terrific member of our team and inspires all of us to do our best for every guest. We are renovating the entire hotel and hope that you will be pleased with the improvements the next time you are in our area.
Tulsa
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We stopped here after a wedding. We booked a King Studio so my son could sleep on the sofa bed. It was nice to have a seperate area for him and us. However, the room was tired. It was clean, but the room is in much need of sprucing up! There was a nice Twix candy bar and water stating that they will be starting a remodel soon. The breakfast was very good and my son loved the waffle! Everyone was very friendly. Though it was tired, it was clean and a great price.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, October 2, 2011
Thank you for stopping here and being happy with your choice. Our remodeling project is very exciting, as we will be getting pretty much everything new over the next few months. I hope you will consider stopping here again to see the improvements the next time are in the area.
St. George, Utah
Reviewed August 2, 2011

we decided to try different hotels in the rockford area since we haven't been very happy with the usual place we stay when in business in rockford. from the first moment we arrived at the fairmont inn, we knew we had made a good choice. ruben, the front desk clerk, was friendly and welcoming. when we found out that the room we reserved did not have a refrigerator and there were none to bring to our room, he offered to let us put our food in the hotel's fridge ans use the lobby microwave. we were happy with that offer, but even more so when he decided to upgrade our room to one with a fridge and microwave - a suite. the room was tastefully decorated and very clean. it is a midrange facility, so don't expect the ritz, but it is a great property for one in its price range. the breakfast selections are better than usual. fresh fruit, packaged fruit cups, breakfast bagel sandwiches,biscuit sandwiches,etc (besides the usual fare such as toast, cereal, etc)
unfortunately for us, beloit is a little too far from my workplace. but if you are driving up the highway, consider bypassing rockford and stop at the fairfield inn in beloit.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thanks so much for picking us as you lodging choice. Rueben is a great member of our team and I will be sure he gets the postitve recongnition he deserves for being mentioned in your review. I'm sorry that we are a little to far for you to be a return guest when here for business, and hope you will stay with us again if you come back to the area for any other reason.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beloit
Hampton Inn Beloit
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 8 in Beloit
Baymont Inn & Suites Beloit

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Beloit? Share your experiences!