“Great Supperclub”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: N/a
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were on our way to Beloit for the first time, hauling a trailer, and I googled places to eat. We saw the great reviews, and gave them a quick call to see if they had parking for a trailer. They said sure, and asked when we might be and if we wanted a reservation because the have limited searing. We gave them a time and were on our way!

Happily, when we arrived, there was ample parking for a trailer as they said. When we entered, we saw the place was packed, but our table was ready. Service was swift, and the server cheerful.

The food was great! I have had steak at many top steakhouses across the country, and this ranked right up there in the top. I must say how outstanding the au gratin potatoes were! Woah.

We did not have dessert, but surely wanted to. We were just too stuffed!

Highly recommend. The atmosphere was lovely, and they've made touches to give you a more updated look and feel, but still feels like an old school Supperclub.

2  Thank readmeli

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Took the family here while visiting in Beloit because of recommendations from locals. Called for reservations and received an answering machine. When we arrived, they did not have our reservation since, the owner had apparently not listened to their answering machine (which is solely for leaving a reservation request). The place is small and cramped - they are currently expanding. Staff tries to seem attentive but are not. The food was good but way over priced for quality/quantity - all of us had steaks. Tasty but I have had better. Living in Chicago area, there are many steak restaurants here that are much better and less expensive. Considering the location, etc. - I guess it's the best the community has to offer. I don't think we would consider ever going back again.

1  Thank kmac2400
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I spent the night in Beloit and had dinner at the 615 Club. What a great place. The ambience reminded us of supper clubs of yesteryear. Complimentary relish trays (including pickled herring!), both salad and soup included with the entree, friendly supper club atmosphere, small but lively bar, affordable drinks, great service, etc, etc. On top of that, the food was great! My wife had the pork ribeye and I had their shrimp au gratin special. Both were cooked to perfection and very flavorful! If you are in the Beloit area, don't miss dining here!

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Found this great place on tripadvisor while traveling form Chicago to Minneapolis on a Friday night. Made reservations for 8:30 and we arrived early - around 8. RayAnn greeded us and only waited about 15 minutes for our table - the place was full and the bar was lively. The crab cakes were excellent - much better than some well known NW surburban Chicago seafood establishments and less expensive. Also had the stufffed mushrooms - good but hard to compete with the crab cakes. Dinner includes soup AND salad (rare these days). The 12 ounce rib eye was excellent - cooked to perfection (meduim rare) and the prime rib was tender and had that wonderful "prime rib" taste that is hard to find these days. Not much room left for dessert but had to have the lava cake that comes with vanilla ice cream - sooooo gooood! Talked with the owners after dinner and looking forward to the new addition later this year. I will be going back again - well worth the 90 minute drive from Chicago.

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

A PERFECT Example of "THE True Wisconsin Supper Club"!!"The 615" has been a fine dining establishment in the same location, since as far back as atleast the 1960's. Good to know they "are excavating" (to add on..?/I had not heard that "Good News:). Over the years it always holds my very favorite/fondest dining experiences with family and friends. My most recent visit was not exception to this. A Friday nite/late Spring. We had not called ahead for a Reservation. Due to popularity, Friday Night Fish besides...and the limited seating the wait could have been two (2) hours. We were graciously offeref the option of dining at the Bar. Great Hospitality/Guest Services! Professionals behind the Bar, not just good Bartenders !! Yes, they also make "REAL Drinks"! Dinner Specials are always changing. I had the Pan Fryed Walleye and a friend had Shrimp de Jonghe. Au Gratin Potatoes have been "a favorite since the beginning"!!Personally have ALWAYS luv'd the Bar B Que Ribs! Whatever sounds good to YOU go with it. My thought..."You will Enjoy...and look forward to Your Return...Creating/Just the Beginning of Your very Own Family & Friend 615 Traditions"!! If they are expanding...it will be just that much more comfortable for ALL of US!! See You there!

Been to The 615 Club? Share your experiences!