“Treated rudely because we booked on priceline” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Beloit

Super 8 Beloit
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Walla Walla
“Treated rudely because we booked on priceline”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

Upon check in with my teenage son was told, despite the availability, that we could not have two beds. The holiday inn considers two beds an upgrade! They were willing to charge me more for two beds. She was so condescending and said I must not be familiar with how holiday inns work, despite my showing her my points number and telling her I use holiday inns for business travel several times a year. The room was small, dated, but comfortable,with a nice breakfast and fitness room. If my son attends college here for four years I will have the satisfaction of staying elsewhere when I visit. If you don't want Priceline customers, then don't use the service, holiday inn! Why lose guest business over such a small thing?

The location is in a row of hotels, with plenty of choices in the same class.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Really friendly staff - surprisingly dated bedrooms given it is a relatively new hotel - poor breakfast despite what I had read in previous reviews - nothing healthy just nor especially fresh.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Colin G
Port Washington, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

The rooms are really small. For half the price you could stay at any one of the nearby motel chains and get basically the same room and service. If you need breakfast, there's plenty of cheap options in the area, even if you pay $5 you're still way ahead. And I didn't make the cocktail hour, but standing at the registration desk with a drink isn't my idea of a good time. Their WiFi was a problem in that I couldn't check my emails because it kept changing it's IP address. The room had a double bed and it was still cramped. Getting to the bathroom at night meant stumbling into walls and the sharp corners of a shelf, placed in front of the bathroom. I've actually been in hotel bathrooms that were bigger than my room here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BuzzWilliams
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Beloit, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear BuzzWilliams,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write us a review on your recent stay. I'm deeply sorry you were not satisfied with your room accommodations and the cost of our breakfast options. I would also like to apologize for the WiFi connection and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. I have noted your comments and rest assured this will addressed accordingly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you would give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Mont Belvieu, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

I stay at Holiday Inns often and this one is no exception to the high quality I have come to expect from Holiday Inn. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is wonderful. There are plenty of nearby restaurants and stores to meet any need you have. The manager told me they stay close to full, so book early if you can.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Emale73
St. Paul, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Pros: Very clean (shower curtain was almost new), good cooling, good continental breakfast (more choices than most), friendly staff, free drink tickets, free cookies, indoor pool didn't overdo the chlorine, minimal fitness center, good wireless internet access, participates in Priceline's "name your own price".

Cons: Very small rooms; did not have any rooms with two beds (if they did, it was a $50/night upgrade); ugly property.

Also, they were very inflexible on Priceline's "name your own price". They could not get me a room with two beds after reserving a room for "two adults" without a choice for beds. They got me a uncomfortable roll-away and tried to charge me $10 per night for it, which I was able to get waived after asking. Still, I wish Holiday Inn corporate would treat their Priceline customers just as well as everyone else; I don't think of two twin beds as an upgrade.

Room Tip: Some rooms are small; be sure to ask; most rooms have 1 bed only and are for two adults max.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Locarno64
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We booked this hotel for a wedding last minute. The price was somewhat high, but probably reflects the last minute reservations. Breakfast was great, and the pool area was one of the nicest that we've ever seen in a hotel. It was worth staying here just for the pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Leon S
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

This hotel is a fantastic place to relax and take it easy! They serve you snacks and two FREE drinks in the evening and they're breakfast was filling and excellent!! The staff there is helpful, kind and wonderful to talk to!!! I recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling and needs to stop for the evening!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple