“Dishonest staff”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Beloit
Tokyo, Japan
“Dishonest staff”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Last weekend my daughter and I stayed here. On Sunday morning, we went down to breakfast, and accidentally left my iPad charging in the bathroom. I left room first, and I thought she would bring it. She saw it charging, and thought I planned to go back up. We were in our own cars, and both left, and accidentally left it in the room.
I called when I realized she didn't have it. The room maid was off that day, but they promised to check with her and call me. They never called me. I had to call them again, only to find out, BIG SURPRISE, she didn't see it in the room. It wasn't there.
I did use the find my iPad app. I first sent a message saying please call me at ********. Then I searched it, it found it, in Wisconsin, I live in Illinois, but the message must have shown up, because the device was turned off, and I lost the map.
Needless to say, I will never stay here again, and I will find every web page I can and alert people that the staff is both lazy, they couldn't have called the maid on her day off. and called me back? and dishonest, since it was without a doubt stolen from the bathroom while charging.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank maptokyo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, PA
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at the Beloit, WI Comfort Inn while visiting my brother in South Beloit, IL. Very clean, quiet and comfortable room and friendly staff. Excellent breakfast selections and the indoor pool / hot tub were relaxing. My 2 sisters and mother were with me and all 4 of us shared a 2 queen bed room with no problems. Far enough from the interstate that traffic noise was not heard. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wisconsin
Reviewed April 23, 2012

This is a very good place to stay in any circumstances but particularly welcome if you have a pet in tow. The room was large, comfortable and clean. The front desk gentleman was very helpful. Breakfast was excellent--wide variety and fresh danish/bagels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland, OHIO
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I've stayed at the comfort a number of times; always good, clean rooms, breakfast and great staff; however, it is time for a refurb, needs upgrades furnishing and carpet. Second floor is noisy due to plywood flooring.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed November 6, 2011

I wish I could have spent more time at this hotel. I was in town just over 24 hours for a business meeting. I checked in around 9 p.m. and the front desk clerk was very friendly and quick. He was also very polite. In the morning, when I checked out, he remembered my name and wished me a good day.

The room was large and comfortable. I had a king bed and a sofa. There was a desk and a little round table with two straight chairs. Everything was clean and neat. The room also had a little fridge and a storage cabinet near the bathroom.

The bathroom was ordinary, but clean. It was one of those tiny rooms where you almost need to stand on the toilet to be able to open the door, but other than that it was fine. Everything worked as expected.

The room lighting was a little strange, as most of it appeared to be on a single circuit connected to the switch by the door. This was only annoying when I wanted to read in bed without having every light on; I had to go around turning each one off.

I used the room wi-fi and had no problems with it. It seemed fast and had a very good signal strength.

The room was very quiet, with only a little noise coming in from the parking lot when someone drove a big diesel truck past. The parking lot was small but adequate.

There is an indoor pool and a fitness center at this hotel, but I did not use them. I had the free breakfast, which was minimal but fine. There was fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, hard-boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, and fruit juice in addition to coffee. A few bread products that could be toasted as well. The breakfast area was next to the front desk and had the news on TV. The chairs were a bit wobbly, but everything was neat and clean.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Brevard, NC
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Ty, the man at the desk, was a great help to us. We needed a minor repair on our car, and he sent us to a good place. Then recommended a great place for pizza. A good stay all around.

• Stayed September 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed November 10, 2010

We rolled in LATE after leaving Fort Wayne and driving through Illinois. The front desk overnight manager was quite friendly and did everything he could to assist us. They take dogs and have a good grassy space in the back for walking the dogs. WiFi was excellent and free. Pool looked good but didn't have time to give a try. Breakfast offered decent selection with a waffle maker. USA Today available for guests. Cable television selection was good. We show dogs in that area and I would consider this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RileyRants
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beloit
Super 8 Beloit
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 8 in Beloit
Garden Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!